+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody for Neil Harris press conference bingo?

Anybody for Neil Harris press conference bingo?

Gutted
    Concentration
    Group
    Clinical
    Rotate
    Effort
    Difficult
    Possession
    Players
    Run
    Disappointed

Re: Anybody for Neil Harris press conference bingo?

& Dismissed

I think its time to go

I’ve taken the club as far as I can and I have just resigned

A poor goal to concede was the banker.

He's right about the goal, piss poor, parks defending, everyone flat footed, ball watching etc, how that wide player was given the opportunity to travel with the ball for so long is unbelievable. Somebody has to commit when that happens in order to make the person on the ball to make a decision. He didn't have to. Utter shit.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-city-19594595

"People think the easiest thing is to just change the manager. Sometimes you have to look deeper than that within the club. The mindset, the mentality, the recruitment over a period and then what we want to do in the future.

"I want better results and I want to change the mentality within the football club."
    Whether you think he's the man to make that change successfully or not he at least knows what is needed. Results aren't good enough but the ideas coming out of these conferences has been a lot better over the past 12 months than before that.

I've just given up on it now, I literally have nothing good to say about him so just don't bother. It's there for all to see, I'm amazed he's still got his job.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    He's right about the goal, piss poor, parks defending, everyone flat footed, ball watching etc, how that wide player was given the opportunity to travel with the ball for so long is unbelievable. Somebody has to commit when that happens in order to make the person on the ball to make a decision. He didn't have to. Utter shit.
    People jogging back as if it were the 95th minute, don't deserve to wear the shirt

I’m a long term Harris out.

He’s a poor manager in a job with an expectation level, way above his limited ability.

Even Millwall supporters when he left there expected him at best, to surface in League 1 or 2, they couldn’t believe he got the Cardiff job.

I like him even less today, after his post game interview where he showed a lack of class in throwing Benkovic under the bus, in blaming him for the Wycombe defeat.

Harris......OUT!

"I can't control that," Neil Harris said of his position. "I'm fed up of taking questions on that, if I'm honest. I'd rather focus on my players.

C:WindowsTempphpB215.tmp

"It was a much better performance, a game we completely controlled and we should never have lost the game. But we have lost the game, so I understand that is four defeats.

"Norwich and Brentford beat us, Wycombe, we gave poor goals away, [Filip] Benkovic cost us two goals in that game. Conceding two goals in a game we shouldn't lose.

"Then we lose today in the FA Cup, so I understand the question, but I'll be fully focused on Norwich next week."

Highlights here

Does Harris still have the support of the board?

"Unless I'm told otherwise, I've got the club's support.

"We talk internally all the time. The chief exec, chairman and owner, I speak to them all regularly, I spoke to them yesterday.

"They know areas of the pitch where I want to improve, they know the injury nightmare we have - we haven't seen Lee Tomlin yet this season. It's important we get influential players out on the pitch.

"But the club want better and I want better results.

"I understand criticism when you don't win games," he added.

"I understand expectation levels like when I came in last season and came fifth in the division when we looked miles away from it when I came in.

"I understand I've built the expectation levels for this year.

"We started slowly, had a fantastic run and we are in a bit of a slump again at the moment.

"People think the easiest thing is to just change the manager. Sometimes you have to look deeper than that within the club. The mindset, the mentality, the recruitment over a period and then what we want to do in the future.

"I want better results and I want to change the mentality within the football club."

And on the actual game today:

"I picked a team to win, because the FA Cup is a wonderful competition, even if it has lost some of its sparkle because the pandemic means there aren't any fans.

"But, while I'm not overly disappointed with the performance because we controlled the majority of the game, our main downfall was the poor goal we conceded.

"That was really disappointing so early in the game. We should have stopped the cross and then we gave their striker an opportunity to score from 12 yards.

"We had 15 shots and lots of balls that went across their six-yard box, but couldn't find that moment of quality."

Nottingham Forest boss Chris Hughton said:

"I was pleased with (Carl) Jenkinson and (Gaetan) Bong. For them to come in and be part of that defensive unit that did so well, speaks volumes for the hard work they have put in during training.

"Both centre-backs were also excellent and they needed to be.

"We need to keep the ball better, because we are putting more pressure on ourselves than we would like and this was an uncomfortable game for us, so we needed that good partnership.

"The ideal scenario is that you defend very well and score goals but, when you are finding scoring goals difficult, it's something you have to work on while making sure you stay in games at the same time."

Leave him be ,he's only human , we do need to consider player performance as much as the managers .

I lose patience quickly when i hear him being interviewed and he get's asked a question then during his reply he asks himself questions then answers them..

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird23 View Post
    I’m a long term Harris out.

He’s a poor manager in a job with an expectation level, way above his limited ability.

Even Millwall supporters when he left there expected him at best, to surface in League 1 or 2, they couldn’t believe he got the Cardiff job.

I like him even less today, after his post game interview where he showed a lack of class in throwing Benkovic under the bus, in blaming him for the Wycombe defeat.

Harris......OUT!
    That's a bit of a shithouse thing to do in blaming a player publicly. The only way i'd defend Harris for those comments is if he wasn't influential in bringing Benkovic in, if it was done without his consent.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Leave him be ,he's only human , we do need to consider player performance as much as the managers .
    I'm a manager and if the workforce that work under me don't do their job the buck falls with me.
    Leave him be my arse

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    I'm a manager and if the workforce that work under me don't do their job the buck falls with me.
    Leave him be my arse
    He's only little

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-city-19594595

Whether you think he's the man to make that change successfully or not he at least knows what is needed. Results aren't good enough but the ideas coming out of these conferences has been a lot better over the past 12 months than before that.
    I don’t think many ever though that he was the man for the job (he was an uninspiring, underwhelming and thoroughly unimaginative appointment) and genuinely can’t believe that anyone still does, as you actually suggest in your post.

The only thing that he has done well is prove beyond any doubt that he shouldn’t be managing Cardiff City and never should have.

That's a bit of a shithouse thing to do in blaming a player publicly. The only way i'd defend Harris for those comments is if he wasn't influential in bringing Benkovic in, if it was done without his consent.
    It was a really weak moment from him.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    He's only little
    A little on the shite side

I reckon he's been dying to dig out Benkovic. Him and Rodgers made comments about his training and attitude etc being nice but it's clear he thought he was absolute garbage. Poor though, and doesn't hide the fact we were bloody awful in that game. Harris is "fed up" with questions about his future? Well, I'm fed up with him.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    It was a really weak moment from him.
    Not clever, he refers to players making mistakes quite often. That conversation should happen in the changing room, he's doing himself no favours.

Poor thing to do. The guy isn’t even at the club anymore and Harris is still slagging him off

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I reckon he's been dying to dig out Benkovic. Him and Rodgers made comments about his training and attitude etc being nice but it's clear he thought he was absolute garbage. Poor though, and doesn't hide the fact we were bloody awful in that game. Harris is "fed up" with questions about his future? Well, I'm fed up with him.
    I've got this little sniff that tells me that Harris may not have been responsible for the Benkovic loan. I've got zero evidence to back that up though. If you were responsible for bringing in a player that wasn't even close to the level required, would you bring his name up in conversation? I wouldn't, because if i sourced something that was shit, and it affected those around me, i'd be keeping quiet about it.

Jay Bothroyd is unimpressed....IMG_20210109_202910.jpg