+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anybody for Neil Harris press conference bingo?

Re: Anybody for Neil Harris press conference bingo?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I've got this little sniff that tells me that Harris may not have been responsible for the Benkovic loan. I've got zero evidence to back that up though. If you were responsible for bringing in a player that wasn't even close to the level required, would you bring his name up in conversation? I wouldn't, because if i sourced something that was shit, and it affected those around me, i'd be keeping quiet about it.
    It wouldn't surprise me and would explain why he never got a game until he was forced into it. I don't remember there being any talk of getting a centre back and all of sudden Benkovic arrives on loan

Re: Anybody for Neil Harris press conference bingo?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    I don’t think many ever though that he was the man for the job (he was an uninspiring, underwhelming and thoroughly unimaginative appointment) and genuinely can’t believe that anyone still does, as you actually suggest in your post.

The only thing that he has done well is prove beyond any doubt that he shouldn’t be managing Cardiff City and never should have.
    Think a couple of things can be true at the same time:

i) The club has a better idea about what they what to be in the medium to longer term than they have for a long time. No one seems to be giving credit for the past 13 months because of the disappointing results and performances this season but that doesn't mean we haven't progressed

ii) Harris hasn't been give a fair go at it by some fans, as you pointed out some didn't want him from the start, and has been in a really difficult position this year based on injuries and poor decisions made over 10 years. Some of the criticism directed at him has been relentless, boring and unfair, but not all.

iii) It's unlikely that Harris is a good enough manager to take us into the premier league, it's unlikely there is the patience or desire to see what a Harris team actually looks like here and it's increasingly likely that we're now looking at when and not if making the change

iv) We haven't got a Harris team yet and next year we'll probably be lining up with a predominantly Warnock defence and/or midfield. We're probably going to be having a lot of the same conversations we're having now next year too, but that's fine just as long as Tan/Dalman etc. make smart decisions building for the year(s) afterwards. The criticism of the board is still the same criticism being made 6-7 years ago but I refer to point i).