+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Harry Wilson

Harry Wilson

Is it just me, or is anyone else starting to think that Wilson is over-rated? I mean, he's hardly set the world on fire since he arrived, has he? Someone of his supposed ability should be able to get a grip on a team, and impose his will on a game, but it's just not happening. In fact, you'd almost take a fit Tomlin in front of Wilson, all things considered. Shame really, as I'd love him to do well for us.

Re: Harry Wilson

My thoughts exactly.

If Tomlin plays the games Wilson has then he produces a lot more for me.

Be careful though, Croesy and the usual crew will call it complete bo!!ocks for even questioning why one of the best players in the league (according to them) fails to produce anything in more games than he actually does.

I dont get all the fuss ,cant see Liverpool keeping him ,he's no Whitt's

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I dont get all the fuss ,cant see Liverpool keeping him ,he's no Whitt's
    A lot of clubs are doing it these days. They have fringe players that go out on loan and they somehow fetch a decent sum when they are moved on. Most of these players have very little chance of breaking through. They are at the clubs in name only and to generate as high a sum as possible.

Ojo and Wilson even getting in a Liverpool matchday squad any time soon? On Fifa maybe. Not in any other situation.

Man City and Chelsea also seem to do it and do quite well from it too. Rabbi Matondo, mentioned here recently, is a typical example.

Not good enough for Liverpool, but at least he is off their wage bill this season. He made the wrong move joining us as it’s looking unlikely he’ll get a decent premiership move next season

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    Not good enough for Liverpool, but at least he is off their wage bill this season. He made the wrong move joining us as it’s looking unlikely he’ll get a decent premiership move next season
    We have turned into a club that takes most talent and flair that you have and try to coach it out of you while giving instructions during games that concentrate on stopping the other team rather than playing ourselves.

If I was in charge of sending players out on loan I would send them anywhere but here. For the parent club it is an opportunity to put a player in the shop window. It just turns out our shop window is one of the worst you can find.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    We have turned into a club that takes most talent and flair that you have and try to coach it out of you while giving instructions during games that concentrate on stopping the other team rather than playing ourselves.

If I was in charge of sending players out on loan I would send them anywhere but here. For the parent club it is an opportunity to put a player in the shop window. It just turns out our shop window is one of the worst you can find.
    Absolutely true

The difference is that Wilson wanted to come here.

He needs to play as the number 10, he's no winger especially how we set up.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    He needs to play as the number 10, he's no winger especially how we set up.
    He's played better as a winger for us than as a number 10.

Think at Derby he played more like where Ralls does when trying to play 10: a CM but predominantly with attacking responsibilities.

He has created the second most chances from crossing positions in the league and giving Glatzel a goal in his first start was sign of a leader in the dressing room, but hasn't set the world alight yet. I was hoping he'd have a rest today so could come back stronger in second half of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Is it just me, or is anyone else starting to think that Wilson is over-rated? I mean, he's hardly set the world on fire since he arrived, has he? Someone of his supposed ability should be able to get a grip on a team, and impose his will on a game, but it's just not happening. In fact, you'd almost take a fit Tomlin in front of Wilson, all things considered. Shame really, as I'd love him to do well for us.
    No-one's starting to think that. It's been obvious from the start. Wilson scores from free kicks awarded to sides when defenders are forced to commit fouls just outside the pelanty box. That isn't going to happen with us. Tomlin every time, every single time.

He is quality. Every loan has been a good one for him and he's looked quality at international level. Also take a look at his Cardiff stats and he's put in some performances head and shoulders above everyone else. Yes, he might not be getting in liverpool's first team but he is class. Let's not forget all our players are struggling at the mo.

Can’t see him making it at Prem level

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    Can’t see him making it at Prem level
    I don't think that he works hard enough.

Any decent player will struggle in this tactically clueless Harris side surrounded by flatfooted donkeys . There are a few that will do well in a good fast passing side. Ojo Murphy and Wilson would do well for the likes of Brentford , Swansea and Watford.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Any decent player will struggle in this tactically clueless Harris side surrounded by flatfooted donkeys . There are a few that will do well in a good fast passing side. Ojo Murphy and Wilson would do well for the likes of Brentford , Swansea and Watford.
    So correct, with a good side they would be so dangerous.

Do people banging on about Tomlin remember what he was like before that run? Or indeed at the start of this season and for the vast majority of his City career? Petulant, unfit and lazy.

Wilson has proven himself at this level at both Derby and Hull. His goal return at Derby was better than Tomlin has managed at any level whilst in just 13 games at Hull he managed 7 goals and 4 assists. He's also managed 3 goals and 5 assists for us so far this season in spite of how poor we've been.

In an ideal world we'd have a manager who can get the most of both Wilson and Tomlin. I'd love it if we could see both of those in the side alongside Kieffer Moore for a good run of games this season

I'm not keen on his face. He's got the look of a kid who was always an absolute wanker on the school bus but would grass the other kids up after having a slap.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Do people banging on about Tomlin remember what he was like before that run? Or indeed at the start of this season and for the vast majority of his City career? Petulant, unfit and lazy.

Wilson has proven himself at this level at both Derby and Hull. His goal return at Derby was better than Tomlin has managed at any level whilst in just 13 games at Hull he managed 7 goals and 4 assists. He's also managed 3 goals and 5 assists for us so far this season in spite of how poor we've been.

In an ideal world we'd have a manager who can get the most of both Wilson and Tomlin. I'd love it if we could see both of those in the side alongside Kieffer Moore for a good run of games this season
    I’ve not looked it up, but I think Harry Wilson has played club football for Liverpool, Crewe, Hull, Derby and Bournemouth- he will never have experienced football like we play it in his career before - I bet he’s really enjoying it!

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post

It would seem that they do not.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    How many games has Tomlin played in the Premier League and how often has he been fit in his career? Wilson is different class and will have a long Premier League/International career!

I think Wilson will yo-yo between the two divisions. He's a good player, who lacks pace and drifts in and out of games too much. He does it everywhere. We're lucky to have him but I think he can do more as well.