+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: New Manager. Who will we actually get?

New Manager. Who will we actually get?

Even the three at the top can't be happy with what is currently happening at the club.

When Harris is replaced who do you think we will actually get? Not who you want or who we should get, who will the three in charge pick?

I'll kick things off with a suggestion slightly outside the box - Jeff Stelling with Dalman hinting at his enthusiasm making him the number one pick.

Re: New Manager. Who will we actually get?

This is my biggest concern. We had a perfect opportunity to try to change things when we pushed Warnock out but we completely failed. I doubt there is enough football knowledge at the top to make a good decision.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    This is my biggest concern. We had a perfect opportunity to try to change things when we pushed Warnock out but we completely failed. I doubt there is enough football knowledge at the top to make a good decision.
    If it wasn't happening at City it would be quite comical.

Choo and Dalman gathering round the laptop to speak to Vinny on Skype while he announces the manager he has picked out of a hat of random names from the football world doesn't fill me with too much excitement.

Could be bad, good, average. It is in the lap of the football gods if we're being honest.

City to Tan is a play thing that he got bored of a long time ago. He can't even be arsed turning up and that was the case long before Covid.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    If it wasn't happening at City it would be quite comical.

Choo and Dalman gathering round the laptop to speak to Vinny on Skype while he announces the manager he has picked out of a hat of random names from the football world doesn't fill me with too much excitement.

Could be bad, good, average. It is in the lap of the football gods if we're being honest.

City to Tan is a play thing that he got bored of a long time ago. He can't even be arsed turning up and that was the case long before Covid.
    As long as Tan keeps the wolf from the door and considering the mess we were in before he got here, we should not be too over anxious to have him step aside.

It's always a bit hit and miss choosing new managers but we've had 2 that gained us promotion and 1 (Slade) who steadied the ship at a time when we could easily have gone into freefall. So not a bad record really.

I happen to think that NH's tenure is almost up, the recent run of poor results and abysmal performances being too much for the board to stomach for much longer. Change is inevitable whether this will be in the next week or so or at the end of the season. Just keep our fingers crossed that the board get the next appointment right.

Ryan Giggs.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Ryan Giggs.
    Isn't he up on a assault charge? Domestic Violence allegedly? If he is convicted, then he will have to do an awareness course and donate 10 grand of his own cash to a women's shelter before he can walk back into a job again. How about robert page?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Ryan Giggs.
    Don’t you mean Ronnie Biggs?

Can’t see Harris going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    As long as Tan keeps the wolf from the door and considering the mess we were in before he got here, we should not be too over anxious to have him step aside.

It's always a bit hit and miss choosing new managers but we've had 2 that gained us promotion and 1 (Slade) who steadied the ship at a time when we could easily have gone into freefall. So not a bad record really.

I happen to think that NH's tenure is almost up, the recent run of poor results and abysmal performances being too much for the board to stomach for much longer. Change is inevitable whether this will be in the next week or so or at the end of the season. Just keep our fingers crossed that the board get the next appointment right.
    Harris seems to have hit a dead end. Whether that's down to him, the club, players or the transfer dealings of Warnock (or a combination of all of those things) doesn't really matter anymore. Something needs to give as he doesn't seem to have any conviction left in his voice.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Isn't he up on a assault charge? Domestic Violence allegedly? If he is convicted, then he will have to do an awareness course and donate 10 grand of his own cash to a women's shelter before he can walk back into a job again. How about robert page?
    Exactly why im happy to stick with Harris.

We will gain nothing this season if we sack him, not many managers can come in and shake up a team without selling and buying , and that won't be easy in these times .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    We will gain nothing this season if we sack him, not many managers can come in and shake up a team without selling and buying , and that won't be easy in these times .
    Disagree. I'd like to see a new manager have time to fully assess the shortcomings of the current squad before the summer transfer window. Harris never was, and never will be, the man to change the direction of our club for the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Exactly why im happy to stick with Harris.
    It is very hard to believe that ANYONE is ‘happy to stick with Harris’

I think that it is now down to two people on this board. 🤦*♂️

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I was being facetious. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    It is very hard to believe that ANYONE is ‘happy to stick with Harris’

I think that it is now down to two people on this board. 🤦*♂️
    I think the board may stick with Harris until the end of the season, he took us to the playoffs from a similar position last season and his summer signings have generally been our best players? Most of our players not performing were bought by our previous manager for big fees!