+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Hand Hiding The Mouth

Hand Hiding The Mouth

What’s all this performance? Players and managers putting their hands over their mouths when talking, what have they got? State secrets?

Re: Hand Hiding The Mouth

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    What’s all this performance? Players and managers putting their hands over their mouths when talking, what have they got? State secrets?
    Really gets on my nerves, trust me Mr A Footballer, I have zero interest what you're saying to your mate whilst walking off the pitch.

Stops people lip reading doesn't it?

Hope City players engage in this tactic. Wouldn’t want the opposition to know we were planning a long throw in.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Hope City players engage in this tactic. Wouldn’t want the opposition to know we were planning a long throw in.
    🤣🤣

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    🤣🤣
    You mean we "plan" something in the way of tactics? It's a revelation.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Stops people lip reading doesn't it?
    What is being said that’s so important?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    My guess is that they don't want to end up in the tabloids or all over social media. Do you want everyone listening to what you're saying?

More likely it's so the other teams in the league don't know what they're saying.

Makes sense when they are probably saying something controversial about the club or team mates etc. Doubt they would bother if they were on about their tea that evening.

They should just put a mask on

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    More likely it's so the other teams in the league don't know what they're saying.
    What? A Norwich centre back saying to his team mate whilst playing Derby, “Cardiff are shit”.

International

This started to be seen on TV with professional tennis players playing doubles, presumable so the opposition didn't know their next service.
    But with lip-reading being used more and more to 'evesdrop' on celebritites private comments you might understand why people do it.