+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 4 defeats on the trot

4 defeats on the trot

It may be of some comfort that this is the 73rd time in the club's history we've lost 4 games on the spin, outside of the top tier. Such events aren't tied to poor sides either - Warnock's promotion winners lost 4 games on the trot in an unexplained loss of form over Christmas.

However, without a striker worth naming and goals and creativity hard to come by, home games against Norwich and QPR look awkward, as does a trip to rapidly improving Barnsley.

At this level we haven't managed 5 defeats on the bounce since Lawrence's relegation threatened side completed such a run with a 1-0 home cup defeat to Sheffield United. In fact, we've only had 2 runs of 5 consecutive defeats at this level or lower since 1985, when Durban's Diamonds lost 7 on the trot, as part of a run of 15 defeats in 18 games. He also managed a side that failed to score in 6 successive games. We're certainly not anywhere near those levels. I was 7 at the time and find it incredible that Durban survived in the job, but would go on to lose it at the end of the season.

7 defeats on the spin is a club record. Surely we can't match that or are things that bad at the moment?

Re: 4 defeats on the trot

5 next Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    5 next Saturday
    Yes, I think that's nailed on.

The sad thing is that I can't see us picking up anything any time soon. In the PL, we lost something like 6 or 7 on the bounce, yet I thought we'd beat someone. I honestly cannot see where the next win is coming from.

Ugh Durban. The very worst of times. Back-to-back relegations. Our first relegation to Division 4. Attendances under 3000.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    5 next Saturday
    Have Norwich scored YET