+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No negativity - what does Harris need to do to sort things out?

No negativity - what does Harris need to do to sort things out?

Please don't answer resign, either. What's going wrong in the here and now and what can be corrected to hopefully improve things now.

Re: No negativity - what does Harris need to do to sort things out?

Sign a bloody right back
    Get runners beyond the striker
    Don’t play Ralls at 10
    Sign a quick winger
    Keep it tight for the first 10 mins of games so we stop giving away sloppy goals minutes after kick off
    In all seriousness though, resign. He’s lost the dressing room and he has to go

Needed:: A right Back, Centre Midfielder who is comfortable on the ball, can pass and create chances for those up front, 2 wingers with pace who can cross the ball. And coach the other players how to play the game. A small task really.

For what it's worth, I thought Pack did well today. When you have an immobile front line lacking any sort of movement, what can he do other than keep things safe?

Imagine Pack with Bothroyd and Chopra? He'd have a field day.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    For what it's worth, I thought Pack did well today. When you have an immobile front line lacking any sort of movement, what can he do other than keep things safe?

Imagine Pack with Bothroyd and Chopra? He'd have a field day.
    We had Steve McPhail, who was a really good Marlon Pack

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    We had Steve McPhail, who was a really good Marlon Pack
    He was often criticised for not being adventurous, doing his 2 pirouettes before passing it square etc. Sometimes we don't realise how good a player is until he's gone.

He was often criticised for not being adventurous, doing his 2 pirouettes before passing it square etc. Sometimes we don't realise how good a player is until he's gone.
    Or sometimes we look back with rose tinted specs.

Anyway we have no money Harris needs to start clearing out the players nowhere near good enough and those we can afford to release.

Tan will see a significant loss on recent signings though.

Early on, yes. I don't think anyone doubted McPhail by the end of his time here.

Early on, yes. I don't think anyone doubted McPhail by the end of his time here.
    Absolutely. Never worked for him with Malky, which was a shame.

Sign about 10 new players.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    You think the players we have are playing at their absolute best of ability and the manager is getting the best out of them?

Ideally squad wise thats not far off.

Its almost a complete rebuild Malky style.

Malky didnt have the issue of contracted players out of their depth.

You think the players we have are playing at their absolute best of ability and the manager is getting the best out of them?
    I don't but the squad needs major surgery.

I don't but the squad needs major surgery.
    Agreed. A squad that finishes 5th doesn't become relegation material overnight, especially after a decent summer transfer window. I don't buy into the argument that we have shit players, though if we're changing direction, some don't fit any more so we need major changes.

No, but professional footballers rarely play at the absolute best of their ability. It's their average level of performance over many games that matters and most of our players have been consistently poor all season. Bad performances have become the norm and good performances are the outliers. Too many of our players have clear shortcomings that won't be improved by changing the manager.

Learn how to coach players. Our football is appalling, I have backed him long enough but I'm so tired of this shit football we've served up for years and Harris isn't the guy to change it. He tried to change, it didn't work (either our players aren't very good or he's a bad coach,) now we're back to this long ball stuff and it's not working again. There aren't patterns in our football, players look clueless and lacking in confidence when it comes to progressing the ball, that's on Harris.

How anyone can go through the trouble of obtaining their badges and think Joe Ralls can play as a no.10 is baffling. I am also convinced if you put Harry Wilson in Brentford or Swansea's team he'd be flying, Harris doesn't know how to get the best out of him

No, but professional footballers rarely play at the absolute best of their ability. It's their average level of performance over many games that matters and most of our players have been consistently poor all season.
    Why is this?

Agreed. A squad that finishes 5th doesn't become relegation material overnight, especially after a decent summer transfer window. I don't buy into the argument that we have shit players, though if we're changing direction, some don't fit any more so we need major changes.
    We have a few good players, a lot of mediocre ones, and a few shit ones. We're missing most of our good players at the moment due to injury and their replacements haven't stepped up.

Harris was doing a terrific job. He now is doing a terrible job.

He's gone tomorrow.

We have a few good players, a lot of mediocre ones, and a few shit ones. We're missing most of our good players at the moment due to injury and their replacements haven't stepped up.
    I think thats fair. I think Ralls and Nelson are also good players not having the best of seasons. Add in injuries to good players and its no wonder we are in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    He's gone tomorrow.
    I wouldnt believe threads elsewhere.

Why is this?
    Because they aren't very good. We've conceded so many goals this season like the one Forest scored yesterday. Do you blame the manager for that or do you have to conclude that the players just aren't up to scratch?

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    He's gone tomorrow.
    I didn't realise that Vincent cared so much about the FA Cup.

Because they aren't very good. We've conceded so many goals this season like the one Forest scored yesterday. Do you blame the manager for that or do you have to conclude that the players just aren't up to scratch?
    So why have they gone from playoff contenders to relegation contenders in 6 months?