+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Watching the Jacks yesterday

Watching the Jacks yesterday

Basically their 2nd side but passed the ball around on the ground and seemed well drilled. Not much hoof ball and gave an air of confidence.

In contrast

Re: Watching the Jacks yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    Basically their 2nd side but passed the ball around on the ground and seemed well drilled. Not much hoof ball and gave an air of confidence.

In contrast
    Just what I wanted to hear :-/

In contrast
    I must have watched over a dozen teams over the last 24 hours and I don't think I've seen one as bad as us. Bristol Rovers who are near the bottom of League One looked better than us. A lot better.

To be fair Stevenage missed a penalty and the Swans keeper made 3-4 excellent saves. The shoreline did not reflect the game at all. Swansea were never comfortable

Let's be brutally honest here, if we were playing at Stevenage yesterday we would have lost.

Many of our fans would have gladly thrown a cup game in Swansea’s position. Hate to say it but credit to them for going for a win. I have grown to hate cup week. Seeing us go out so tamely year after year then seeing other clubs busting a gut to get through.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    To be fair Stevenage missed a penalty and the Swans keeper made 3-4 excellent saves. The shoreline did not reflect the game at all. Swansea were never comfortable
    Stevenage played some good stuff, they weren't looking to knock long balls and hope for the second ball. We are miles behind.

Sadly our style or rather lack of is why Harris needs to go. Nobody seems to know what's going on, lack of motivation and players not delivering.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    I thought they coasted it.

In contrast
    As a club they're light years ahead of us in terms of footballing 'nous'. Joe Rodon came through their ranks and was sold for £9m. Swansea then brought in Ryan Bennett for £2m to replace him.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I must have watched over a dozen teams over the last 24 hours and I don't think I've seen one as bad as us. Bristol Rovers who are near the bottom of League One looked better than us. A lot better.
    At least we can say that we were knocked out by another Championship side. Just as well we weren't drawn against Crawley!

Sadly our style or rather lack of is why Harris needs to go. Nobody seems to know what's going on, lack of motivation and players not delivering.
    And laughably lots of people have been placated by a few wins, and completely ignored the underlying fact that the football has been absolutely dreadful.

(Even last season there were lots of games where we were just terrible but saved, more often than not, by a moment of Tomlin magic. It was a clear as day, but plenty of people chose to ignore the fact)

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I thought they coasted it.
    Yeah it wasn't as if they faced wave after wave of attacks.