+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FT: Marine 0 - 5 Spurs

FT: Marine 0 - 5 Spurs

Such a shame what was a great Third Round draw all round couldn’t have crowds watching the games, especially this one.

Still, it’s great to see Spurs at a ground like this and the home side are doing fine so far, just hit the crossbar with a great shot.

Re: Marine v Spurs

Didn’t Marine sell virtual tickets for the game and raise more money than a full crowd would have?

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    Didn’t Marine sell virtual tickets for the game and raise more money than a full crowd would have?
    You’re right - wasn’t aware of that. Spurs just gone 1-0 up.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...a-cup-19598821

Can Bale get a game against these?

3-0, I remember Marine being beaten 11-2 by Shrewsbury in the Cup a few years back, I hope it doesn’t end up something similar here.

0 - 4 now

could someone go and shove that airhorn up the twits arse who's blowing it. if this is what it sounds like with crowds then i hope we never go back

How come there are a few fans in that stand behind the goal? I thought it was totally behind closed doors, can’t see that they’re press or are they the subs? I wonder if there’s anyone in the 30,000 seater stand where the tv cameras are?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    0 - 4 now

could someone go and shove that airhorn up the twits arse who's blowing it. if this is what it sounds like with crowds then i hope we never go back
    Could be worse. Could be vuvuzelas. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKCI...=SW17ChelseaSG

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    How come there are a few fans in that stand behind the goal? I thought it was totally behind closed doors, can’t see that they’re press or are they the subs? I wonder if there’s anyone in the 30,000 seater stand where the tv cameras are?
    seemed to be quite a few people in the main stand at crawley earlier as well.

I'd love to see the xG for the opening goal

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    Can Bale get a game against these?
    Can't see much point bringing him on.
    Spurs have it won and the pitch is awful.
    He could also get injured again!

Josč just brought on a 16 year old at h/t.

Edit:
    He's warming up!

The sixteen year olds just scored- 5-0.

Bale coming on.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Bale coming on.
    Great for the Marine players just sharing a pitch with him.

Don't twist anything FFS!

Some plumber's gonna two foot him

Players coming on for Marine who have been transferred in just for this one game

Thank God we're out. Tan would have wanted a place on the bench in the 4th round!

Marine playing a better standard of football than some Championship teams!

Re: FT: Marine 0 - 5 Spurs

Enjoyed that. Shows what the spirit of the FA cup is all about. Marine had a lumper up front who reminded me a bit of Jon Parkin!! They’ve made some good coin, 20k virtual tickets sold at a tenner each I think and the people in their gardens watching, having beers and wine would have had a great afternoon.

Re: FT: Marine 0 - 5 Spurs

Quote Originally Posted by Monster munch View Post
    Enjoyed that. Shows what the spirit of the FA cup is all about. Marine had a lumper up front who reminded me a bit of Jon Parkin!! They’ve made some good coin, 20k virtual tickets sold at a tenner each I think and the people in their gardens watching, having beers and wine would have had a great afternoon.
    Brilliant for the club yes.
    Crazy to think that the money they made, the Spurs' second half substitute earns in a week!

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post

Thank God we're out. Tan would have wanted a place on the bench in the 4th round!
    Perhaps he could slot in at full back?