?

Re: Could Padraig Amond do better for us than Robert Glatzel

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    ?
    No

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    No

Agreed. Pádraig Amond is 33 before end of the season. He’s played league of Ireland or league 2 his whole career. If he was championship capable why hasn’t anyone taken a punt?

Glatzel isn't good but the isn't the main problem.

Before people say Kieffer Moore is proving strikers can play in this system, I'd say Kieffer Moore is performing in spite of the system which is testament to how good he is.

Never heard of him.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

Agreed. Pádraig Amond is 33 before end of the season. He’s played league of Ireland or league 2 his whole career. If he was championship capable why hasn’t anyone taken a punt?
    I agree with you, my initial question wasn't me making a suggestion.

I will say, though, that Amond showed more in an hour tonight than we've seen from Glatzel in weeks.

I agree with you, my initial question wasn't me making a suggestion.

I will say, though, that Amond showed more in an hour tonight than we've seen from Glatzel in weeks.
    How many did he bang in the net?

Glatzel should be played as a 10 behind Moore in a 4411 formation, not upfront on his own.
    Will never get the best out of him as a main striker.

Just seen he plays for Newport.

Ive thoughts now of Slade and Revell.

Flynn and this bloke couldnt happen could it?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Glatzel should be played as a 10 behind Moore in a 4411 formation, not upfront on his own.
    Will never get the best out of him as a main striker.
    He won't run in behind and he's not creative enough as a 10. He's fine but that's it. We should be looking to cut our losses. He can't play as a target man, he hasn't got the pace to run in behind and he's not got the ability to play people in. He's hardly ripped it up when he's partnered Moore. He's good when he gets the ball at his feet in shooting range, he's lethal. Unfortunately, that doest happen very often but when it does, and he gets his tail up, he's a good player.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Just seen he plays for Newport.

Ive thoughts now of Slade and Revell.

Flynn and this bloke couldnt happen could it?
    Flynn has done a cracking job at Newport. I struggle to see how he'd get less out of our squad than Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Flynn has done a cracking job at Newport. I struggle to see how he'd get less out of our squad than Harris.
    I don't understand why people are so disparaging toward Flynn. He's done a brilliant job at Newport, I'd take him ahead of someone like Pulis

He won't run in behind and he's not creative enough as a 10. He's fine but that's it. We should be looking to cut our losses. He can't play as a target man, he hasn't got the pace to run in behind and he's not got the ability to play people in. He's hardly ripped it up when he's partnered Moore. He's good when he gets the ball at his feet in shooting range, he's lethal. Unfortunately, that doest happen very often but when it does, and he gets his tail up, he's a good player.
    I always think he looks best when dropping back a bit to pick the ball up. As you say with the ball at his feet he looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I don't understand why people are so disparaging toward Flynn. He's done a brilliant job at Newport, I'd take him ahead of someone like Pulis
    Would he be a cheap option? Absolutely but he might uncover a few gems, could take a gamble on someone like Scott Twine. Let's be honest, I think anyone not named Neil Harris would be better right now, I think they've just given up on him.

Would he be a cheap option? Absolutely but he might uncover a few gems, could take a gamble on someone like Scott Twine. Let's be honest, I think anyone not named Neil Harris would be better right now, I think they've just given up on him.
    We could get a new manager bounce, but I doubt that anyone gets much more out of this group of players while Moore, Morrison, and Tomlin are injured. Look at the spine of the team that we put out yesterday. It's crap and we don't have any better options.

I’ve only seen two county games recently (tonight and against Newcastle in the cup last season) and to be fair to them, they try and pass it around when they can.

Think Flynn has done a tremendous job for a few seasons now with what I imagine must be one of the lowest resources in the division.

Whether that would translate down the city or at a higher level, I don’t know. Whether it’s Harris or someone else it’ll be a big job on whoever’s hands here the next few years.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    We could get a new manager bounce, but I doubt that anyone gets much more out of this group of players while Moore, Morrison, and Tomlin are injured. Look at the spine of the team that we put out yesterday. It's crap and we don't have any better options.
    I think the team is better than they're performing. They're not special but they dominated possession and they need some moves and ideas in the final third. The worst thing about Harris is we keep losing to the poorest teams in the division.

Glatzel isn't good but the isn't the main problem.

Before people say Kieffer Moore is proving strikers can play in this system, I'd say Kieffer Moore is performing in spite of the system which is testament to how good he is.
    To be fair our style of play is right up his street. Balls high into the box, which is why we are a team that scores the majority of our goals from corners and set pieces

?
    Marc Almond could do better than Glazel at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

end of any argument as far as I'm concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I agree, last season was a poor one for Newport by the standards they've set for themselves lately, but those standards have only risen since Flynn took over.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    That made me giggle, unfortunately it’s probably true

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    An Almond duel perhaps. Sounds like a German prog rock band from the 70s.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    An Almond duel perhaps. Sounds like a German prog rock band from the 70s.
    I think it sounds like a chocolate bar

No

Our problems are much deeper than Robert Glatzel not scoring.

The way we play is embarrassing.

We have played poorly for years, I hated the way Warnock got us playing, but at least we got results. This is like a Warnock team without results.