+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Could Padraig Amond do better for us than Robert Glatzel

Re: Could Padraig Amond do better for us than Robert Glatzel

The Moore injury has just highlighted the weakness in the squad.

Its not just up front thats the issue.

But Im pretty certain that if Moore was in an attacking position outside the box he wouldnt be knocked off the ball on the floor and the ball in the back of our net seconds later.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    No

Our problems are much deeper than Robert Glatzel not scoring.

The way we play is embarrassing.

We have played poorly for years, I hated the way Warnock got us playing, but at least we got results. This is like a Warnock team without results.
    like warnocks team of last year you mean?

Just watched the highlights from Saturday and got to feel for Bobby tbh. He made some lovely runs peeling off the defender but our midfielders and wingers are just not finding him. There was one occasion 1st half Harry Wilson takes a shot from 30 yards when Glatzel had peeled off the defender and just needed to be slid through on goal. 2nd half the same Wilson took an extra touch instead of playing Bobby in for a sitter.

As someone said above our problems run much deeper than Bobby G.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    like warnocks team of last year you mean?
    This side play more football than Warnocks team of last year. 100%. It might not be tiki-taka but its not aimless hoofball either.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    This side play more football than Warnocks team of last year. 100%. It might not be tiki-taka but its not aimless hoofball either.
    Without Moore, it's aimless in a different way.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Glatzel should be played as a 10 behind Moore in a 4411 formation, not upfront on his own.
    Will never get the best out of him as a main striker.
    Agree with this

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I don't understand why people are so disparaging toward Flynn. He's done a brilliant job at Newport, I'd take him ahead of someone like Pulis
    With you all the way one .

One day someone will take a punt on Flynn , we will then either say , thank god we dodged that bullet , or god why don't we grab him when we had a chance , no one on this board has the expertise to know how good he is at our level.

What we do know about Flynn he's been a revelation with County, he has set up his sides well tactically with limited recourses, and delivered the goods against very good premiership opposition .

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I don't understand why people are so disparaging toward Flynn. He's done a brilliant job at Newport, I'd take him ahead of someone like Pulis
    He's done wonders there but my worry with Flynn is that it's a perfect fit for him at Newport - right man at the right club at the right time, which is why he's doing so well, and that it wouldn't translate to another job, let alone one a couple of leagues above with Tan breathing down his neck.

I'd love to be proven wrong if it were ever to happen though

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    With you all the way one .

One day someone will take a punt on Flynn , we will then either say , thank god we dodged that bullet , or god why don't we grab him when we had a chance , no one on this board has the expertise to know how good he is at our level.

What we do know about Flynn he's been a revelation with County, he has set up his sides well tactically with limited recourses, and delivered the goods against very good premiership opposition .
    I'd argue that he's been tactically superior to Warnock when it comes to facing Premier League teams.