+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Could Padraig Amond do better for us than Robert Glatzel

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Could Padraig Amond do better for us than Robert Glatzel

Just seen he plays for Newport.

Ive thoughts now of Slade and Revell.

Flynn and this bloke couldnt happen could it?

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Just seen he plays for Newport.

Ive thoughts now of Slade and Revell.

Flynn and this bloke couldnt happen could it?
    Flynn has done a cracking job at Newport. I struggle to see how he'd get less out of our squad than Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Flynn has done a cracking job at Newport. I struggle to see how he'd get less out of our squad than Harris.
    I don't understand why people are so disparaging toward Flynn. He's done a brilliant job at Newport, I'd take him ahead of someone like Pulis

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I don't understand why people are so disparaging toward Flynn. He's done a brilliant job at Newport, I'd take him ahead of someone like Pulis
    Would he be a cheap option? Absolutely but he might uncover a few gems, could take a gamble on someone like Scott Twine. Let's be honest, I think anyone not named Neil Harris would be better right now, I think they've just given up on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Would he be a cheap option? Absolutely but he might uncover a few gems, could take a gamble on someone like Scott Twine. Let's be honest, I think anyone not named Neil Harris would be better right now, I think they've just given up on him.
    We could get a new manager bounce, but I doubt that anyone gets much more out of this group of players while Moore, Morrison, and Tomlin are injured. Look at the spine of the team that we put out yesterday. It's crap and we don't have any better options.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    We could get a new manager bounce, but I doubt that anyone gets much more out of this group of players while Moore, Morrison, and Tomlin are injured. Look at the spine of the team that we put out yesterday. It's crap and we don't have any better options.
    I think the team is better than they're performing. They're not special but they dominated possession and they need some moves and ideas in the final third. The worst thing about Harris is we keep losing to the poorest teams in the division.

I agree, last season was a poor one for Newport by the standards they've set for themselves lately, but those standards have only risen since Flynn took over.

He's done wonders there but my worry with Flynn is that it's a perfect fit for him at Newport - right man at the right club at the right time, which is why he's doing so well, and that it wouldn't translate to another job, let alone one a couple of leagues above with Tan breathing down his neck.

I'd love to be proven wrong if it were ever to happen though