+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Your top 5 things you want post pandemic.....

Re: Your top 5 things you want post pandemic.....

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Jesus, you sound just like me I hate work, it's a load of piss and i don't want to be there. I don't want to be reminded of it when it's over Same with school re-unions, last time i saw any of them i was 16 years old-what's there to talk about?
    In school it was crap the last two years. Basically one big stab in the back fest, and being reminded by dickheads that I will struggle to get a decent career. I've done alright.

I'm in, I do a good job, then I leave. On the 15th they pay me money and I spend it doing stuff I like. Last time I went to the Christmas do was 2004 when I was in my early 20s. The boss did this big countdown in front of the doors before allowing us in - I just turned away and walked back to the station and got a train home.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Haha far from it mate, the opposite in fact. I just find everything easier in person staring at a screen all day is depressing. In a busy work environment I miss those of the cuff chats and discussions that really clarify things or aid learning.
    Some jobs probably need that. Not mine though. I work in IT, running and designing reports. Last thing I want is someone coming up to my desk with a last minute change that ****s up my work of art.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    To mix freely with people. For school to start. To travel. To visit and be visited.

Last week I noticed myself being conscious of people in old films and TV shows being too close to one another. I hope that goes away.
    Yeah I found myself clocking things on Tv with people hanging out etc thinking that looks strange, not good really.......even seeing old football matches in packed grounds

Haha far from it mate, the opposite in fact. I just find everything easier in person staring at a screen all day is depressing. In a busy work environment I miss those of the cuff chats and discussions that really clarify things or aid learning.
    I work for the local authority, construction, i've got about 3 managers, i don't answer the phone when the call, don't reply to their E mails or go to meetings and book jobs in for myself even when it needs another pair of hands. It works very well for me!

I work for the local authority, construction, i've got about 3 managers, i don't answer the phone when the call, don't reply to their E mails or go to meetings and book jobs in for myself even when it needs another pair of hands. It works very well for me!
    I had a boss who used to watch cricket when working from home. He'd just come online at lunch and tea. I said to him "Look, I don't mind that you do it, it's the hypocrisy I hate".

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Allez Allez View Post
    In school it was crap the last two years. Basically one big stab in the back fest, and being reminded by dickheads that I will struggle to get a decent career. I've done alright.

I'm in, I do a good job, then I leave. On the 15th they pay me money and I spend it doing stuff I like. Last time I went to the Christmas do was 2004 when I was in my early 20s. The boss did this big countdown in front of the doors before allowing us in - I just turned away and walked back to the station and got a train home.
    Fair play to you, massive respect! I've never been on a christmas do. Pay me and **** off

Fair play to you, massive respect! I've never been on a christmas do. Pay me and **** off
    I went to one Christmas do before that, and one guy was having a right go at a manager. I asked him why he doesn't say this when he's sober and in the office. I only went because there was a girl there who had just had her clit pierced and said she would show me when she was drunk. She did to be fair.

I went to one Christmas do before that, and one guy was having a right go at a manager. I asked him why he doesn't say this when he's sober and in the office. I only went because there was a girl there who had just had her clit pierced and said she would show me when she was drunk. She did to be fair.
    That's a good reason to go to a works do. My lot are special, they end up fighting with each other or with bouncers etc. I even try and bail out of family do's. My side are fine, quiet, polite etc, the in laws just get wankered, dance to tom jones and elvis songs, start crying and usually get a bit racist

1. Travelling the world
    2. Live gigs
    3. Watching City
    4. Parties
    5. Leading walks again (as well as continuing on the SW Coast Path).

That's a good reason to go to a works do. My lot are special, they end up fighting with each other or with bouncers etc. I even try and bail out of family do's. My side are fine, quiet, polite etc, the in laws just get wankered, dance to tom jones and elvis songs, start crying and usually get a bit racist

I missed a school friends wedding to watch City at Sheff U. Didn't bother RSVP and he was not happy. I was though, even though we lost 2-1. Harris scored I think. They're divorced now.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    1. Travelling the world
    2. Live gigs
    3. Watching City
    4. Parties
    5. Leading walks again (as well as continuing on the SW Coast Path).
    There's this bloke on youtube who is travelling the coast of the UK in a 1980's speed boat, stopping off along the way. Absolutely brilliant, he takes a different person on each leg of the journey. The filming is fantastic. Harry Dwyer is his name, better than anything i've seen on TV.

Some jobs probably need that. Not mine though. I work in IT, running and designing reports. Last thing I want is someone coming up to my desk with a last minute change that ****s up my work of art.
    🤣🤣🤣🤣 Appreciate that mate

I missed a school friends wedding to watch City at Sheff U. Didn't bother RSVP and he was not happy. I was though, even though we lost 2-1. Harris scored I think. They're divorced now.
    Weddings, go on far to long in this country. Someone on here said that in Vietnam they last about 2 hours, food an' all. Sounds perfect!

Weddings, go on far to long in this country. Someone on here said that in Vietnam they last about 2 hours, food an' all. Sounds perfect!
    Have to agree with that, especially as I don't drink anymore. The free wine made it bearable 🤣

Have to agree with that, especially as I don't drink anymore. The free wine made it bearable ��
    Yeah, i'm not a drinker. I don't care what anyone says, you need alcohol in order to get through a wedding.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I know there won’t be an exact, right it’s over time, as many need to get vaccinated yet and the virus will no doubt be around for a few years.....

1. Kids to stay with the grandparents (for so many reasons but mainly they both miss it so much)
    2. Go to the pub with mates
    3. Go to see a live band or football
    4. Go abroad on holiday
    5. Take my mum out for lunch
    1. Family holiday abroad - We have ambitiously booked one for August (fingers crossed)
    2. Visit some family we haven't seen for a while
    3. Sunday session with the boys
    4. Night away with the missus, meal, gig and some drinks afterward
    5. Going back to an office - not full time but I started this job in April and was due to be in Dublin 1-2 days a week, am looking forward to that

Cinema
    Theatre
    Watching football
    Going to the pub
    Taking the grandkids out.

1. A less f*cked up world.
    2. As said above, wages which reflect the job done by those who have been on the frontline over the past ten months.
    3. Less me,me,me and more we,we,we.
    4. Another one mentioned already, more opportunities for people to work from home if they want to.
    5. On a personal level, a return of “proper” sport.

Going out and getting drunk with the women from Allez Allez Allez’s place.

Why didn’t you RSVP?

In no particular order.

1: Pubs open
    2: Stadiums open
    3: Being able to drive twenty miles to walk in the Beacons
    4: Watching games being played on TV in front crowded stadiums
    5: No muzzles.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    A beer
    Another beer
    Another beer
    Another beer
    Sleep.
    I haven't had a beer for soooo long. The third most comsumed drink in the world and I want some!!!
    It's time you started homebrewing.

1) Going to the football
    2) Going to the pub
    3)Going to gigs
    4) Going for walks/cycle rides away from home
    5) Going on holiday

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I know there won’t be an exact, right it’s over time, as many need to get vaccinated yet and the virus will no doubt be around for a few years.....

1. Kids to stay with the grandparents (for so many reasons but mainly they both miss it so much)
    2. Go to the pub with mates
    3. Go to see a live band or football
    4. Go abroad on holiday
    5. Take my mum out for lunch
    1. Visit my dad in Scotland
    2. Rehearse and perform music with friends and colleagues
    3. Meet lots of friends
    4. Go on a random train journey with my boy
    5. Go dogging without wearing a mask

International

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    It's time you started homebrewing.
    The reason it's so long since I had one is that I don't drink at home. so home brewing would be rather pointless. So I'll just have to wait. I'll survive. lol