+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Blackburn after a left back

Blackburn after a left back

we could use another come the summer....

https://twitter.com/WhoScored/status...680379394?s=19

Re: Blackburn after a left back

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post

500k, apparently. Give them 750k for both.

in the clips that are on Twitter he looks very handy indeed

That would require forward planning

To be fair, I think the club feel they have more pressing issues than left back. I assume they're thinking it'll be one of Bennett/Cunningham and Joel Bagan next season

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    That would require forward planning

To be fair, I think the club feel they have more pressing issues than left back. I assume they're thinking it'll be one of Bennett/Cunningham and Joel Bagan next season
    for 500k though, I'm sure his wages would be a lot lower than Bennett or Cunningham who were both in the premier League with us

The last position we need is a new left back.

Apparently he's able to play for Wales.

Looks like Stoke were interested but have turned to Rhys Norrington-Davies instead. Michael O'Neil clearly fell in love with Wales at those Euros.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    The last position we need is a new left back.
    Not the first position granted, but certainly not the last position.

We have 3 left backs at the club, Bennett and Cunningham are both out of contract in the summer, are the wrong side of 30 and probably on large wages, as they were both with us in the premier league.
    Bagan has played about 3 senior games.

So we are either going to have to sign another left back between now and the start of next season or offer another contract to Bennett or Cunningham - they are both only going to get worse from here, and would want large wages and probably a 2 year contract - which would again leave us in a position in a years time where our wage budget is being used up by declining players who will be becoming increasingly injury prone.

Not the first position granted, but certainly not the last position.

We have 3 left backs at the club, Bennett and Cunningham are both out of contract in the summer, are the wrong side of 30 and probably on large wages, as they were both with us in the premier league.
    Bagan has played about 3 senior games.

So we are either going to have to sign another left back between now and the start of next season or offer another contract to Bennett or Cunningham - they are both only going to get worse from here, and would want large wages and probably a 2 year contract - which would again leave us in a position in a years time where our wage budget is being used up by declining players who will be becoming increasingly injury prone.
    Yeah fair enough. We have no right back though.

Id offer Bennett a new deal on reduced wages. If he doesnt then look at left back.

This will be in the summer though.

If no one goes and Harris signs a left back in this window then I think id agree hes lost it.