+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A fiver's worth of food for £30.

A fiver's worth of food for £30.

Re: A fiver's worth of food for £30.

I really dont like using the word, but I absolutely 'hate' what the Tories are doing to our people.

The company responsible for providing the catering in Concept House (BSO in Newport) when I worked there was called Compass who are part of the group of companies owned by the rip off merchants supplying those food parcels. Compass took over the contract at BSO after I’d been there a couple of years and used a lot of the staff who were there with the previous contractors- they all used to say that Compass was a much worse company to work for and no one I knew out of the office workers had a good word to say about them - prices went up within a month or so of them taking over.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The company responsible for providing the catering in Concept House (BSO in Newport) when I worked there was called Compass who are part of the group of companies owned by the rip off merchants supplying those food parcels. Compass took over the contract at BSO after I’d been there a couple of years and used a lot of the staff who were there with the previous contractors- they all used to say that Compass was a much worse company to work for and no one I knew out of the office workers had a good word to say about them - prices went up within a month or so of them taking over.
    Don't they also run the food stands at our stadium?

Nice work if you can get it. No doubt Feedback will be on here to show how well the private sector is doing so well to provide that amount for the price.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Yes, although I think their ten year contract has probably run out now - my previous experience of them was one of a few reasons why I decided I wouldn’t be using the bars or food stalls in the new ground.

Certainly used to. I seem to recall Ridsdale arranged a contract with them. 🙄

My daughter worked for them for a while years ago. Wages were minimum, food portion control fierce!

Not defending the company in the slightest, but one photograph of 1 in possibly 100,000's of deliveries. Would suggest some less over-reaction and perspective before the rants go over the Richter scale, but then again this is CCMB..

Politicians, and Marcus Rashford, getting involved now;-

https://www.theguardian.com/educatio...-meal-packages

I think she wanted the £30 in vouchers so she could get some beer & fags!

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Not defending the company in the slightest, but one photograph of 1 in possibly 100,000's of deliveries. Would suggest some less over-reaction and perspective before the rants go over the Richter scale, but then again this is CCMB..
    Mods please delete what I'm about to post.

Quote Originally Posted by blueblade View Post
    I think she wanted the £30 in vouchers so she could get some beer & fags!
    The twitter page Lardy has posted above includes this snippet:

"The vouchers were a good idea. They were BLOCKED from being spent on age restricted products, like alcohol, lottery tickets, cigarettes."

Of course, this isn't happening. Neither is the pandemic. Is it?

The twitter page Lardy has posted above includes this snippet:

"The vouchers were a good idea. They were BLOCKED from being spent on age restricted products, like alcohol, lottery tickets, cigarettes."
    The Salvation Army did great work at Christmas giving out vouchers to needy families but they were restricted to certain shops and couldn't be used to buy tobacco or alcohol. Don't see anything wrong with that.

looks like it is pretty widespread

https://twitter.com/YesCymru/status/...192597504?s=19

doesn't look as bad in Caerphilly though

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post

Yes, well done to Wales Government for funding kids meals properly, and not waiting for Marcus Rashford to tell them to.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post

As FLL says, the Welsh gov are doing it through the public sector, England is it privatised, and surprise surprise, it has gone to a Tory donor who is trying to make a quick buck. They are absolute scum.

International

Om PM on BBC they have clarified this, saying the box was not supposed to constitute 2 weeks food or £30. The company providing have isssued a staement that the value of the "Hamper" was £10 and have accepted that "in this instance" the quality and quantity were not up to standard and this will not be repeated So let's see if it is?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Om PM on BBC they have clarified this, saying the box was not supposed to constitute 2 weeks food or £30. The company providing have isssued a staement that the value of the "Hamper" was £10 and have accepted that "in this instance" the quality and quantity were not up to standard and this will not be repeated So let's see if it is?
    Jack Monroe has 600 examples from all over England. It is not an isolated instance, it is widespread. They are scum.

https://twitter.com/BootstrapCook/st...56034506158080

Some shocking pics flying about but unless I’ve misunderstood there isn’t a national “FSM contract” for England that has been won through tender?

I was under the impression that individual schools administered FSM and ultimately have discretion around how it’s administered, either through a local voucher system or whatever they have in place through their canteen contract arrangements.

Doesn’t detract from how disdainful some of these parcels are but unless I’m mistaken they reflect individual school arrangements, which doesn’t reflect well on the companies that have been feeding our children in the school canteen before the pandemic...

International

I think it is sourced and arranged by local councils, who are responisble for the schools in their area. But the funding, or part of it, comes from central government

Yet another scandal against the British people by the Tories.