+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A fiver's worth of food for £30.

Re: A fiver's worth of food for £30.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Om PM on BBC they have clarified this, saying the box was not supposed to constitute 2 weeks food or £30. The company providing have isssued a staement that the value of the "Hamper" was £10 and have accepted that "in this instance" the quality and quantity were not up to standard and this will not be repeated So let's see if it is?
    Their statement was more interesting actually. They said the total cost was £10.50 including 'distribution and packaging'. Since we know they likely bough the food for less than £5, that means they are attributing more than the cost of the food itself for distribution and packaging, which is clearly daylight robbery.

The point to take from this is that it is privatisation working as intended. The company gets their obscene profit margin and the government gets to act appalled and shocked when your taxes are spent badly, despite being the ones taking them out of your pockets.

But but Jeremy Corbyn would have been worse.

Hope those all in the 'red wall' are happy with what they have voted for.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post

They are receiving their jabs first. North East and Yorkshire have raced ahead of other parts of England in distributing/administering the vaccine. From personal experience, the Midlands hasn't done too badly, either. Meanwhile, Wales is to England as Palestine is to Israel (almost) when it comes to receiving vaccines. The superhubs in England are to be prioritised for receiving vaccines. Easier to distribute to, politically it looks good, hides the shambles that were the Covid wards at Nightingale hospitals and takes pressure off GP surgeries to administer vaccines. Meanwhile, companies benefit from providing paltry food parcels. What happened to Healthy Eating initiatives?

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post

If they'd only listened to me.......

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    If they'd only listened to me.......
    To be fair 'you'were part of the problem but would have been better than these clowns.

The Labour issues started by electing the wrong Milliband brother then made possibly the worse mistake in its history by electing Corbyn.

I can only listen to Morgan in small doses but fair do's Hancock is squirming on his seat here....

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I can only listen to Morgan in small doses but fair do's Hancock is squirming on his seat here....

Hancock the latest in a long line of Tories to fail upwards. How on earth he is still health sec is mind blowing.

This country is full of stupid twats who have voted for this bunch of tossers and they are going to get it right up the arse

The rich will be fine and vote tory as they always have

Don't say you were not warned

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Hancock the latest in a long line of Tories to fail upwards. How on earth he is still health sec is mind blowing.
    Gove, ****

Patel , ****

Hancock , ****

Boris ? Fecking hell he's off his head

He's there because we have a media that predominantly attacks the poorest and most vulnerable, attacks social policy and anyone who promotes a caring attitude towards state run social provision. It simply isn't in the interests of the Tories (and now Labour) to throw public money at marginalised groups if they can't make a quick buck along the way. It seems to have transcended into the psyche of a large portion of the great british voting public, many of them can't seem to stomach the fact that getting people out of poverty is going to cost money, everyone's money, and that we have a moral duty to help those less fortunate.

I really dont like using the word, but I absolutely 'hate' what the Tories are doing to our people.
    The fact that these food parcel contracts are organised by Local Education Authorities, quite a few of which are Labour controlled, has nothing to do with it I suppose, in your world.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    He's there because we have a media that predominantly attacks the poorest and most vulnerable, attacks social policy and anyone who promotes a caring attitude towards state run social provision. It simply isn't in the interests of the Tories (and now Labour) to throw public money at marginalised groups if they can't make a quick buck along the way. It seems to have transcended into the psyche of a large portion of the great british voting public, many of them can't seem to stomach the fact that getting people out of poverty is going to cost money, everyone's money, and that we have a moral duty to help those less fortunate.
    Top of the class

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    The fact that these food parcel contracts are organised by Local Education Authorities, quite a few of which are Labour controlled, has nothing to do with it I suppose, in your world.
    what is your position on matt Hancock making an utter **** of himself and conservative government policy regarding food parcels in the clip above ?

Is this the sort of utter **** you are defending ?

Tell me you , in your world , are not serious ?

He's also happy to sit there like a nodding dog and take criticism. Too many of our media are concerned about access rather than telling the truth. The government have got everyone blaming themselves over the covid deaths rather than their complete and utter inaction causing tens of thousands of deaths. In this instance however, I have no idea why people are happy to blame "scroungers" when this billion pound company is openly stealing from the tax payer in broad daylight. Whatever people's thoughts are on people on benefits, this company was given that money to do a job, and they've not come close to fulfilling it and they're just profiteering. It is a disgrace.

Still, the Tories have told us that Brexit will solve all our issues, so glad we've sorted that out and I'm sure after they've lead us into record levels of poverty that more austerity will fix all our problems.

He's also happy to sit there like a nodding dog and take criticism. Too many of our media are concerned about access rather than telling the truth. The government have got everyone blaming themselves over the covid deaths rather than their complete and utter inaction causing tens of thousands of deaths. In this instance however, I have no idea why people are happy to blame "scroungers" when this billion pound company is openly stealing from the tax payer in broad daylight. Whatever people's thoughts are on people on benefits, this company was given that money to do a job, and they've not come close to fulfilling it and they're just profiteering. It is a disgrace.

Still, the Tories have told us that Brexit will solve all our issues, so glad we've sorted that out and I'm sure after they've lead us into record levels of poverty that more austerity will fix all our problems.
    There are people close to me who have little sympathy for the people who have free school dinners and food vouchers. Their argument is that they struggle to work to pay for their child's meal, yet they get nothing off the state.
    I have sympathy for what they feel, but they have no understanding of the plight many poor families are in, through no fault of their own.
    As has always been the case the companies and directors who are really the ones to blame and criticise are too remote and intangible for the average man in the street to lay a glove on, so it is much easier to condemn the woman next door for claiming benefits they are entitled to.

And dont get me started on Brexit! The biggest self inflicted disaster ever inflicted by a country by its own citizens.

And don’t forget the new insult for suggesting a humane way forward - virtue signaling.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Not defending the company in the slightest, but one photograph of 1 in possibly 100,000's of deliveries. Would suggest some less over-reaction and perspective before the rants go over the Richter scale, but then again this is CCMB..
    Doesn’t matter one iota if it’s one photograph or a hundred it’s just plain SCANDALOUS. How you can actually defend this is mind boggling.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Doesn’t matter one iota if it’s one photograph or a hundred it’s just plain SCANDALOUS. How you can actually defend this is mind boggling.
    and it seems to be hundreds

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    And don’t forget the new insult for suggesting a humane way forward - virtue signaling.
    Snowflake etc

There are people close to me who have little sympathy for the people who have free school dinners and food vouchers. Their argument is that they struggle to work to pay for their child's meal, yet they get nothing off the state.
    I have sympathy for what they feel, but they have no understanding of the plight many poor families are in, through no fault of their own.
    As has always been the case the companies and directors who are really the ones to blame and criticise are too remote and intangible for the average man in the street to lay a glove on, so it is much easier to condemn the woman next door for claiming benefits they are entitled to.

And dont get me started on Brexit! The biggest self inflicted disaster ever inflicted by a country by its own citizens.
    brexit , feck all this well its happened now bollocks

What the **** have you done you idiots !

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Snowflake etc
    Big, posh sod with plums in their mouths

Quote Originally Posted by waynekerr55 View Post
    Big, posh sod with plums in their mouths
    You feed beefburgers to swans

100% agree. Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    and it seems to be hundreds
    Jack Monroe has 600 examples alone.