+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: How different is Bellamy's approach from City's?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: How different is Bellamy's approach from City's?

Quote Originally Posted by billy.ronson View Post
    This almost feels like when Toshack offered his services and we rejected him!
    Whether a complete change of style is the right thing to do now is another thing as proven when OGS took over from Malky but most people seem dissatisfied one way or another so I guess the question is whether the club avoid relegation, wait till summer... RIP it all up and start again or now? ... Also being adventurous with an appointment like Bellamy and an experienced no 2 like Mark Bowen? Or going for someone already known on manager circuit?
    Reading what Bellamy said, I don't believe it would be a complete break away from the current approach if he ever took over, but he would want us to play more football and to be more confident in possession. For myself, that would be fine, there are positives to the way we play (Bellamy males a point of saying that no one would have liked playing against the City sides he was associated with and the one which reached the League Cup Final), but we've come to look laboured and uncomfortable in possession since our first relegation - having a Whitts in his pomp probably covered a multitude of sins before that though.

Yes, he did say in the article, he wasn't adverse to playing a long pass the right way not just lump it up the middle!
    The years we went up under Malky and Warnock, we outworked teams , we were hard to beat but did play some good stuff along the way. This season defensively we have been poor and have rarely pressed against teams from literally the first game.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Reading what Bellamy said, I don't believe it would be a complete break away from the current approach if he ever took over, but he would want us to play more football and to be more confident in possession. For myself, that would be fine, there are positives to the way we play (Bellamy males a point of saying that no one would have liked playing against the City sides he was associated with and the one which reached the League Cup Final), but we've come to look laboured and uncomfortable in possession since our first relegation - having a Whitts in his pomp probably covered a multitude of sins before that though.
    We're like an old couple you haven't seen for a while, and then notice how they've aged and slowed down, but they haven't really noticed it themselves..