+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Benkovic- they hardly spoke to me at Cardiff.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Benkovic- they hardly spoke to me at Cardiff.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Our current form of 25 goals conceded are not down to Benkovic. Harris needs to own that record and take responsibility as well as the rest of the squad need to own it too. Harris should have played him, eased him in, rotated - dare I say - managed him. He could have brought him on many times when he was on the bench the many times when we were losing matches. He brought Mark Harris on in the 95th minute when we were losing!

I see no point in critiquing Benkovic for not making the Leicester side either or not being PL quality. Wilson and Ojo are not PL quality players and never will be in sides like Liverpool. Celtic is an anomaly as the Scottish League is so weak. Benkovic should be a really good championship CB. In my view, Morrison should never have been allowed anywhere near our Premiere League squad and was not up to it yet he's constantly played ever since our relegation and is even captain (he also needs to step up and sort out problems on the pitch rather than just go through the motions each match). Too many players too comfortable with not enough competition and a manager who excels at mediocrity.

And Nelson? Is Nelson better than Benkovic? How can that possibly be the case? Nelson was a terrible signing IMO and is another player who is just....OK. He came from Oxford United and before that Plymouth Argyle and has played 55 matches for us. Again, Benkovic, just the 1 match and yes, it was a mare. But give the lad a break and focus on the real problems.

For me, Harris's management is a big problem as well as a whole load of under-performing players with sloppy attitudes and I'll judge him and them based on 22 matches (excluding the pathetic cup matches) not just 1 against Wycombe.
    Never read such nonsense in my life. Of all players you pick out, you pick Morrison?

Re: Benkovic- they hardly spoke to me at Cardiff.

Never read such nonsense in my life. Of all players you pick out, you pick Morrison?
    Only because he's meant to be one of our best players yet he's a shadow of the Morrison during the promotion season. He's a captain who's now getting more used to losing than winning and has experienced relegation. That concerns me.
    Last edited by Citizen's Nephew; 13-01-21 at 03:26. Reason: Quote not included