+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Benkovic- they hardly spoke to me at Cardiff.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Benkovic- they hardly spoke to me at Cardiff.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Harris has hardly covered himself in glory but neither has Benkovic. He hardly played at Bristol City either, so that's 4 managers who think he's not up to it (Holden, Johnson, Harris and Rodgers). I don't think Harris can turn round to him and say "you're not good enough" when he might need him (like he did at Wycombe) but he can't promise him game time or starts if he doesn't think he's any good.
    Attitude at play perhaps , underachiever ?

I find it hard to understand if Harris or the "they " he refers to is correct if we are in need of quality why would we not speak to him ??

“(At Cardiff) they didn't speak much to me there. When I asked why I barely played, I was told they were quite happy with me. But in the end, the coach opted again for the guys who were there last season. It made no sense to stay there.”

I wonder if the Covid rulings have also adversely effected contact , were there language barriers ? at least we have chatted with Wilson ??

Re: Benkovic- they hardly spoke to me at Cardiff.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Attitude at play perhaps , underachiever ?

I find it hard to understand if Harris or the "they " he refers to is correct if we are in need of quality why would we not speak to him ??

“(At Cardiff) they didn't speak much to me there. When I asked why I barely played, I was told they were quite happy with me. But in the end, the coach opted again for the guys who were there last season. It made no sense to stay there.”

I wonder if the Covid rulings have also adversely effected contact , were there language barriers ? at least we have chatted with Wilson ??
    I think Harris made a judgement and decided he couldn't play him. COVID will definitely have affected things though, he can't take him in his office and discuss things.

Benkovic isn't going to make it at PL level, they signed him 3 and a half years ago and he's no closer to breaking into the side. I can see why they like(d) him, but he switches off and as delmbox says, he's 23 for crying out loud. He's 6 months away from being 24! I don't think there's going to be a massive improvement coming.

He hardly played at Bristol City and he flopped here, I think he's got to wake up and smell the coffee, and buckle down. I think he's probably on his last chance at Leicester, I don't know where his career goes if this move doesn't work out.