+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Benkovic- they hardly spoke to me at Cardiff.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Benkovic- they hardly spoke to me at Cardiff.

Celtic opinion piece on them missing out on Benkovic last month:

https://celtic.vitalfootball.co.uk/r...itless-gamble/

Benkovic eventually chose Leuven and cited that “Here I want to make a fresh start and find my best form.”. Fast forward a month and four fixtures later and Benkovic has not featured in a single fixture for the Belgian mid table side who have won only one fixture in their last four.

It was a gamble and Benkovic probably felt he would have waltzed right into the Belgian side, but unfortunately for him, he has struggled to earn a place in the starting eleven. It is reminiscent of his days at Cardiff City where he only managed one appearance during his ill fated loan spell.

This also begs the question. Did Celtic dodge a bullet in not signing the big Croat as he appears to struggle to break into any side since his £12m move from Dinamo Zagreb to Leicester City?

More evidence, if it is needed, that Filip was not the answer!

Re: Benkovic- they hardly spoke to me at Cardiff.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Celtic opinion piece on them missing out on Benkovic last month:

https://celtic.vitalfootball.co.uk/r...itless-gamble/

Benkovic eventually chose Leuven and cited that “Here I want to make a fresh start and find my best form.”. Fast forward a month and four fixtures later and Benkovic has not featured in a single fixture for the Belgian mid table side who have won only one fixture in their last four.

It was a gamble and Benkovic probably felt he would have waltzed right into the Belgian side, but unfortunately for him, he has struggled to earn a place in the starting eleven. It is reminiscent of his days at Cardiff City where he only managed one appearance during his ill fated loan spell.

This also begs the question. Did Celtic dodge a bullet in not signing the big Croat as he appears to struggle to break into any side since his £12m move from Dinamo Zagreb to Leicester City?

More evidence, if it is needed, that Filip was not the answer!
    Odd that he's not even playing there, I think they're owned by Leicester. I wonder what's next for him? If him not getting near our side was a wake up call, this certainly needs to be one!