+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Benkovic- they hardly spoke to me at Cardiff.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Benkovic- they hardly spoke to me at Cardiff.

Re Citizen's Nephew, Harris made a mistake signing him. All managers do it. Ferguson signed Bebe, Kleberson, Bellion, Obertan etc. Harris clearly thinks he's awful. It's a bad signing but on the whole, he's got more right than wrong which is a lot better than can said for our previous manager. He also had to sign someone to allow Flint to leave. He was brought in out of necessity and it didn't go well. I think there's a reason he's gone to their owner's feeder club, rather than anyone else...

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Re Citizen's Nephew, Harris made a mistake signing him. All managers do it. Ferguson signed Bebe, Kleberson, Bellion, Obertan etc. Harris clearly thinks he's awful. It's a bad signing but on the whole, he's got more right than wrong which is a lot better than can said for our previous manager. He also had to sign someone to allow Flint to leave. He was brought in out of necessity and it didn't go well. I think there's a reason he's gone to their owner's feeder club, rather than anyone else...
    Yes I agree with this. Looking in to comments made by both Harris and Rodgers there seems to be an underlying issue with the player. Obviously they are not going to come out and say what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    Yes I agree with this. Looking in to comments made by both Harris and Rodgers there seems to be an underlying issue with the player. Obviously they are not going to come out and say what it is.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51638663

Yet another manager openly criticising Benkovic

However, Benkovic and Henriksen were both substituted at half-time - and Johnson was critical of his new arrivals after the game.

"I think a couple of the new players need to have a look at themselves for different reasons and quickly get into the programme," he said.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I do feel just keeping Brown would have been the easier solution if I'm honest.

I think Harris signings individually have been pretty decent. Although I'm not sure he has always spent or loaned in the correct areas.