+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Solskjaer top of the Premier League

Re: Solskjaer top of the Premier League

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    How about the corruption allegations? Want to address them? Cardiff won 3, drew 3 and lost 12 games in the PL under OGS. So yes, I can pretty safely say, he was naive, out of his depth and he didn't have a clue what he was doing. He tried to play football with a team that was built to be solid, compact and hard to beat and any idiot could have seen that was never going to work.
    Corruption? 😂 It had nothing to do with Ole, and was never on the cards with the signings we made. Had nothing to do with either the manager or club. Now, try that exact exercise with Warnock, and see where it brings you. Clueless! Try adding up where the players we had in that premier season ended up, and keep banging that 7,5 million war chest transfer kitty on him. Clueless...

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfmother View Post
    Corruption? �� It had nothing to do with Ole, and was never on the cards with the signings we made. Had nothing to do with either the manager or club. Now, try that exact exercise with Warnock, and see where it brings you. Clueless! Try adding up where the players we had in that premier season ended up, and keep banging that 7,5 million war chest transfer kitty on him. Clueless...
    Ok, Eikrem, Berget, Daehli. All signed by Ole, all shared his agent, all absolute garbage. FIFA even opened an investigation into their relationship. To add insult to it all, he barely played them as he knew they were garbage. Want me to draw you a ****ing picture?

Ok, Eikrem, Berget, Daehli. All signed by Ole, all shared his agent, all absolute garbage. FIFA even opened an investigation into their relationship. To add insult to it all, he barely played them as he knew they were garbage. Want me to draw you a ****ing picture?
    Sure. It’s on record in Wales online that neither was signed as an upgrade. All was future an value for money. Berger was a 100k signing. You where saying? FIFA opened an investigation on the agent. Not Ole, and not the club. Read that interview from Ben Turner yet? No need.. If you could choose, you would rather bring back Slade over Ole... It’s a bitch admitting you are this clueless, I get it. But the proof is in the pudding.

Sure. It’s on record in Wales online that neither was signed as an upgrade. All was future an value for money. Berger was a 100k signing. You where saying? FIFA opened an investigation on the agent. Not Ole, and not the club. Read that interview from Ben Turner yet? No need.. If you could choose, you would rather bring back Slade over Ole... It’s a bitch admitting you are this clueless, I get it. But the proof is in the pudding.
    I would bring back neither, although Slade had to sort the mess that OGS left. We had 44 senior pros under that tosser. Slade was a better Cardiff City manager than OGS. OGS is a better manager now than he was when he was here but I still think his players have an awful lot to do with that. Let's see what he wins at Man Utd. I bet he wins sod all.

It was widely reported that all the Norwegians cost upwards of 2m each. And their relationship was investigated, they are bent. He had a stake in his mate's company, too.

You dont think that first half of football we lost 2-4 was probably our best fotball post Dave Jones? Wow. I’m sure you are one of them thinking fotball is best in straight lines over the top. Warnock style.. And you might want to include how many players he have faced out, loaned out and how many players he has brought up from his own ranks at Man Utd. Completely new team, and Top manager stuff. we brought in Russel fecking Slade after seven games.
    Also. Fans like yourself and Annie Abraham is a thing of the past! The club need a new owner and kids through the ranks. Potential is still there... Enjoy today’s match!

I clearly pointed out how its not a new team, but its nice to see you still care about the club enough to post here Mr Solskjaer

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post

I clearly pointed out how its not a new team, but its nice to see you still care about the club enough to post here Mr Solskjaer
    Slade was appointed because they wanted someone they could trust after Mackay AND OGS taking the club for a ride.

I would bring back neither, although Slade had to sort the mess that OGS left. We had 44 senior pros under that tosser. Slade was a better Cardiff City manager than OGS. OGS is a better manager now than he was when he was here but I still think his players have an awful lot to do with that. Let's see what he wins at Man Utd. I bet he wins sod all.

It was widely reported that all the Norwegians cost upwards of 2m each. And their relationship was investigated, they are bent. He had a stake in his mate's company, too.
    To be fair, 24 year olds Jo Inge Berget and Magnus Wolff Eikrem were undeniable hot prospects, just look at what they've achieved since leaving!

No you didn’t.. Didn’t address the transformation at all. Neither the players on loan or the ones in the hole. Not the ones he brought through the ranks, neither the fringe ones he made footballers. Just a bunch of nothing, really.

To be fair, 24 year olds Jo Inge Berget and Magnus Wolff Eikrem were undeniable hot prospects, just look at what they've achieved since leaving!
    Agree. Berget, who was a highly regarded prospect achieved nothing. Henche his 100k fee. Would have made the club a profit though, if not run by idiots. Eikrem? Well, he achieved a lot more than any Cardiff player the next couple of years. But not living up to his Ferguson tag. Would still make the club profit, if not run, and supported by idiots.
    Dæhli? 16 highest ranked talent in the world at his time at Cardiff? Got his career ruined by injuries. But he payed the bill from all of them signings and leaving the club going steven. You point being? Clutching at straws?

Slade was appointed because they wanted someone they could trust after Mackay AND OGS taking the club for a ride.
    He was appointed being a yes man. If you did your homework, you would know Ole was to, in the premiership. But refused to the next season, and got sacked for it.

Agree. Berget, who was a highly regarded prospect achieved nothing. Henche his 100k fee. Would have made the club a profit though, if not run by idiots. Eikrem? Well, he achieved a lot more than any Cardiff player the next couple of years. But not living up to his Ferguson tag. Would still make the club profit, if not run, and supported by idiots.
    Dæhli? 16 highest ranked talent in the world at his time at Cardiff? Got his career ruined by injuries. But he payed the bill from all of them signings and leaving the club going steven. You point being? Clutching at straws?
    You're joking right?

You'll notice I didn't actually mention Daehli, I thought he was a good signing at the time and still do, he was just unlucky with injuries.

The other two though, come on. Berget went back to Sweden, went to America, back to Sweden. Eikrem the same but he ended up back in Norway. They were poor signings. Solskjaer made some good signings, Morrison, Pilkington & Manga were all good buys, but surely even you have to accept he made some shit signings?

He seems to be doing a decent job there at Utd now but for me, it was terrible to watch here. It’s one of the few times (and there’s been plenty of opportunities) where I stopped looking forward to going down. Came across as a nice guy and all that but the team looked clueless.

IMO the difference is he’s dealing with a totally different level of squad to play the style he wants, and the players here weren’t good enough to work with it.

Still think they’ll fall well short for the league this year but wish him all the best

You're joking right?

You'll notice I didn't actually mention Daehli, I thought he was a good signing at the time and still do, he was just unlucky with injuries.

The other two though, come on. Berget went back to Sweden, went to America, back to Sweden. Eikrem the same but he ended up back in Norway. They were poor signings. Solskjaer made some good signings, Morrison, Pilkington & Manga were all good buys, but surely even you have to accept he made some shit signings?
    No Im not. Berget was a value signing, and didn’t do his rep anything. Eikrem did. I followed him the next two years. He was way above what ever went on at City. Malmö was at the time both a better and bigger club.

Reading what Ben Turner said, I’m not sure what was his signings or not. What I do know is he put his own players out on the pitch, finally. And got sacked for it seven games in. He is now, at least for one more day, on top of the world. Here we are in the same pot hole we where when he left. That’s facts.

No Im not. Berget was a value signing, and didn’t do his rep anything. Eikrem did. I followed him the next two years. He was way above what ever went on at City. Malmö was at the time both a better and bigger club.

Reading what Ben Turner said, I’m not sure what was his signings or not. What I do know is he put his own players out on the pitch, finally. And got sacked for it seven games in. He is now, at least for one more day, on top of the world. Here we are in the same pot hole we where when he left. That’s facts.
    Sure, whatever you say. If they were the great players you say they are we wouldn't have had to terminate their deals because we'd have found a buyer and they wouldn't have spent the rest of their careers in Scandinavia and the MLS.

Yeah he is top of the Premier League, but let's not pretend he got the United job based on his managerial career

Sure, whatever you say. If they were the great players you say they are we wouldn't have had to terminate their deals because we'd have found a buyer and they wouldn't have spent the rest of their careers in Scandinavia and the MLS.

Yeah he is top of the Premier League, but let's not pretend he got the United job based on his managerial career
    Terminating their deals was pure stupidity! The fans demanded Daelihe on the pitch, Slade put him on as a target man against Millwall. Some fools even bought into it, and still do, by the looks of it. Terminating Burgstaller. Cala. And even Guerra. Pure stupidity, and having the nerve complaining about finance later.

No, he got the job because the hirarchy of Man Utd knew what you should now know, and acknowledge.

Terminating their deals was pure stupidity! The fans demanded Daelihe on the pitch, Slade put him on as a target man against Millwall. Some fools even bought into it, and still do, by the looks of it. Terminating Burgstaller. Cala. And even Guerra. Pure stupidity, and having the nerve complaining about finance later.

No, he got the job because the hirarchy of Man Utd knew what you should now know, and acknowledge.
    Aye, nothing to do with being a former player

Aye, nothing to do with being a former player
    Some. But I think it has more to do with his studies and stint as under 23 manager. Remember, they didn’t want him to touch Cardiff.

Terminating their deals because nobody wanted to touch them and they were disruptive influences at the club. Ask McNaughton what he thought about some of their attitudes? We signed these players on massive wages and we couldn't shift them. It's OK, he's definitely not done the same deal with Ighalo at Man Utd, wonder who his agent is?

Terminating their deals because nobody wanted to touch them and they were disruptive influences at the club. Ask McNaughton what he thought about some of their attitudes? We signed these players on massive wages and we couldn't shift them. It's OK, he's definitely not done the same deal with Ighalo at Man Utd, wonder who his agent is?
    Yes, that was it! The brilliance of father Slade not being able to dismantle a team in two weeks.. With fans like you buying into it. Ask McNaughton about the attitude of the players we had in the premier league! Ask Cala and And a few others what they where told once Father Slade came in. Ask Eikrem what was told when Scott Young came into the picture. Nobody wanted to touch Burgstaller? Really? Embarrassing...

Yes, that was it! The brilliance of father Slade not being able to dismantle a team in two weeks.. With fans like you buying into it. Ask McNaughton about the attitude of the players we had in the premier league! Ask Cala and And a few others what they where told once Father Slade came in. Ask Eikrem what was told when Scott Young came into the picture. Nobody wanted to touch Burgstaller? Really? Embarrassing...
    I know what they were told, Wolfie baby. I know what they acted like. Tan might be a lot of things but he isn't thick. He isn't going to pay up someone's contract if people want to buy them. That's not even thick, it's basic. People didn't want to know as they were on far too much money here and were giving it the big I am.

I know what they were told, Wolfie baby. I know what they acted like. Tan might be a lot of things but he isn't thick. He isn't going to pay up someone's contract if people want to buy them. That's not even thick, it's basic. People didn't want to know as they were on far too much money here and were giving it the big I am.
    There we differ. If Tan is anything, it is thick! They signed the deals and brokered the salaries. All within the budget they all set themselves. It has nothing to do with the manager. If anything, going into the season with that squad, dismantling it after seven games, it is if anything thick! And you’d have to be even thicker to support it. And here we are. Status quo. While Ole is not.

Tan is so thick he didn’t even want to invest being in the premier league the second time he stroke the luck. Imagine..

There we differ. If Tan is anything, it is thick! They signed the deals and brokered the salaries. All within the budget they all set themselves. It has nothing to do with the manager. If anything, going into the season with that squad, dismantling it after seven games, it is if anything thick! And you’d have to be even thicker to support it. And here we are. Status quo. While Ole is not.

Tan is so thick he didn’t even want to invest being in the premier league the second time he stroke the luck. Imagine..
    Tan did invest and you don’t become a Billionaire if your thick!
    Dalman has stated that Warnock spent £100 million on players in his three years and most turned out to be crap, great motivator but wasted a fortune!

Two extreme takes when I think the reality is somewhere in the middle.

He clearly wasn't a success, but I think everyone should read that Ben Turner interview before fully passing judgment on his time here. For me, his big problem was trying to switch immediately to an attacking style with a team that was drilled to do the opposite. Everything that came after was a bit shambolic (massively oversized squad, reports of players not fit etc) and it was always going to end in disaster. There were some good signings, in his defence. There were some terrible ones, too, unfortunately.

I think he's learnt a lot since then, though. I think it's unfair to say that it's "easy" to manage Utd, but at that level you have quality tools at your disposal and the emphasis is more on how you can handle egos and personalities than if you can develop footballers. I think that's probably what he's good at. That said, even if you're driving a Ferrari badly, you're still going to win more races than the guy in a Peugeot 106.

For me, the real issue is - as usual - at board level. In many ways, Harris now is doing the role Slade did (ie cleaning up the last guys mess), which proves that, unlike Solksjaer, they haven't learned anything since then. I honestly believe that a lot of our problems over the last 10 years would have been avoided with a sporting director / DoF to ensure a consistent playing style, to ensure that players weren't signed on shady deals to line the managers pockets (as has happened with several managers I think, not just OGS), and to ensure that there was some semblance of continuity between managerial hires.

I don't think he's the next Klopp or Ancelotti as Wolf seems to think, but one thing is for sure - he's progressed far more since his time here than we as a club have.

Pogba's goal tonight was pretty special.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Pogba's goal tonight was pretty special.
    Watch Ole play it down. That’s special!