+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I Hope This Isn't True

Re: I Hope This Isn't True

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    on the other hand, Blackburn are also going to be without both of their current first team left backs come the summer, and are looking to sign a really talented youngster instead.
    if he ends up costing them 600k ish then we could easily save the majority of that in the difference between his and Bennett and Cunningham's wages, if not all of it.
    Not sure our relations with Crewe are good enough to pull that deal off

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    I agree with your assessment of both players. It was said earlier in this thread that Bennett is a "solid defender" - no, he's not! 'Solid defenders' don't make the number of mistakes that he does.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I think Hoillet will look to move on anyway.
    He should go to the USA or China. Earn some decent money while he still can.

Been a great player for us.

I have always wondered why he's never been tried as a no. 10 for us.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Warnock has gone so hopefully we won't
    not so sure after listening to him on radio wales this morning

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Why does everyone keep saying that Hoilett's legs are gone? I have seen nothing to suggest this.
    Did Junior ever have pace?

I don't remember him being quick for us at any time. Maybe he is a deceptive runner, but he rarely if ever skinned a full back to get a cross in - he used his brain and his ball skills to get into position for a cross or shot.

He has been less consistent than before in the last calendar year, but I think that is more down to mental and physical tiredness after continuous action for club and country. He is still one of the three most skilful players in the squad (with Tomlin and Wilson) and should be able to carry on performing at a very high level for years.

I would be very happy to see him sign a new contract - up to 2 years with a dose of post-Covid wage realism.

Guessing Cunningham and Bennett are on close to 20k per week each, that's 2 million a year in wages between them.

I'd be tempted to offer Crewe £1 millon for the pair of fullbacks (Ng and Pickering), and assuming their wages would be less than 10k each then the deal pays for itself, we have 2 positions sorted, and some young players who might actually increase in value

Guessing Cunningham and Bennett are on close to 20k per week each, that's 2 million a year in wages between them.

I'd be tempted to offer Crewe £1 millon for the pair of fullbacks (Ng and Pickering), and assuming their wages would be less than 10k each then the deal pays for itself, we have 2 positions sorted, and some young players who might actually increase in value
    Not a bad shout that.

Its not going to work that way unfortunately.

Those wages will be off the books and will go to the cost cutting we badly need with the loss of the parachute payments.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Its not going to work that way unfortunately.

Those wages will be off the books and will go to the cost cutting we badly need with the loss of the parachute payments.
    You're probably right - although from the sound of things, at least one of those wages is going right back on the books if we re-sign bennett, as I doubt we will negotiate much of a reduction (if any)

Hoilett will probably be one of our bigger earners too