Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
I still think Drakeford's "this is not a sprint" comment was both crass and of no use whatsoever, but I can't deny time has proved him right to the extent that he can now claim that Wales has hit targets and the fact that the Welsh Minister in the UK Government seems to be wanting to claim some of the credit for Wales hitting their targets (funny how he was nowhere to be seen or heard when the flak was flying) tells you that this story is correct;-

https://twitter.com/i/status/1360024066967670785

Therefore, as someone who was very critical of Drakeford and the WAG in the early stages of the vaccine roll out, here I am eating humble pie as I said I would if the the targets were hit - I trust those who were being so critical early in the New Year on here amid claims that the roll out was solely the responsibility of the WAG and nothing to do with the UK Government will join me in doing so.
I too was critical of Drakeford, and it seems his crass comments about it not being a sprint caused so much adverse publicity that Wales finally got going at a faster rate than the other home nations.

However, yesterday he said that things will slow down over the next few weeks because of short term lack of vaccines. He added that they are holding back the Pfizer vaccine for 2nd doses and that vaccine centres will cut opening hours.

He's missing a trick here as it's an ideal opportunity to accelerate the 2nd dosing of the Pfizer vaccine while clinics are quiet. the 2nd dose can be given three weeks after the 1st, there is no need to wait up to 12 weeks