+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: How Many Vaccines In Wales Today ?

Re: How Many Vaccines In Wales Today ?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Never mind the youngsters, what about the over 70's getting some first?
    Starting on the 70’s in the valleys already I hear, my mates mum who is 75 was jabbed a few days ago in RCT.
    Cardiff is way behind as has far more people to sort out

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Starting on the 70’s in the valleys already I hear, my mates mum who is 75 was jabbed a few days ago in RCT.
    Groups 3 and 4 were started a few weeks ago in CTM.

International

That must have been fun for her........ but when is she getting the vaccine?

Both my parents received theirs last week. Mother attended Merthyr Leisure Centre and my father a local surgery.

All those over 70 I know have received theirs.

Cwm Taf Morgannwg.

Everyone i know who ive asked over 70 or health or care workers either have had their jab or are booked in. After a slow start it appears to have gone really well.

Infection rate coming down as well.

International

It must just be Cardiff then.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Everyone i know who ive asked over 70 or health or care workers either have had their jab or are booked in. After a slow start it appears to have gone really well.

Infection rate coming down as well.
    Great news about the Oxford vaccine that you can’t spread it either....

It is...my mother still waiting at 88....on the district nurse list but still ridiculous as lots of people come to her flat each week

70 year old on my street had hers on Sunday, maybe it depends on what part of Cardiff?

I'd suggest anyone over 80 who hasn't heard anything to contact their GP to find out what's going on.

International

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    I'd suggest anyone over 80 who hasn't heard anything to contact their GP to find out what's going on.
    Which is the natural inclination, except that the government advice is don't contact your GP you will be called for your appointment.
    No one will be forgotten, Gethin said so.
    He also said everyone over 70 would have an invitation by last Friday. I'm still waiting.

Which is the natural inclination, except that the government advice is don't contact your GP you will be called for your appointment.
    He also said everyone over 70 would have an invitation by last Friday. I'm still waiting.
    If you live in Cardiff worth calling 02921 841234...It's the mass vaccine appointment centre for Cardiff & Vale. I'm similar age to you and got an appointment at Splott for next day.

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    If you live in Cardiff worth calling 02921 841234...It's the mass vaccine appointment centre for Cardiff & Vale. I'm similar age to you and got an appointment at Splott for next day.
    My Oldie made an appointment by phone one day at Pentwyn the day before they we due the jab at the GPS surgery. He had it but now is ringing up every day asking where his follow up letter is for the second jab as people he knows have had their letters and he hasn’t.

Total chaos and extra burden on the NHS. I think we should wait the call. I’m guessing mid-April for me but which year as they’ll need to ramp up the second jab by then.

Quote Originally Posted by Porth Pouncer View Post
    My Oldie made an appointment by phone one day at Pentwyn the day before they we due the jab at the GPS surgery. He had it but now is ringing up every day asking where his follow up letter is for the second jab as people he knows have had their letters and he hasn’t.

Total chaos and extra burden on the NHS. I think we should wait the call. I’m guessing mid-April for me but which year as they’ll need to ramp up the second jab by then.
    At time of my jab I was given a card with second appointment date. Have since had a letter confirming it

I'm in that age group and haven't heard a thing. My local GP surgery in Abergavenny are also asking people not to ring them because they haven't been told anything.

I thought that everyone over 70 would get an invite by February 15th, not the end of January? That's been the target all along hasn't it?
    In Cardiff and Vale if you're 75+ it will be from your GP, if you're 70-74 or extremely vulnerable then it will be via a MVC.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I thought that everyone over 70 would get an invite by February 15th, not the end of January? That's been the target all along hasn't it?
    In Cardiff and Vale if you're 75+ it will be from your GP, if you're 70-74 or extremely vulnerable then it will be via a MVC.
    I know 6 people who are 70 or over, they all live in Cardiff and all have had their 1st Vaccine.

Es58eWBXEAAPySf.jpgEtOnTLsXcAEKGDq.jpg

Wales continues to vaccinate at a higher overall rate than England, and IF the current rates continue (dependent greatly on supply continuing) then Wales will overtake England for the highest % of population vaccinated sometime early next week.

Given the UK is one of the quickest at rolling out the vaccine in the World, perhaps we should be more proud of the nation's efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Es58eWBXEAAPySf.jpgEtOnTLsXcAEKGDq.jpg

Wales continues to vaccinate at a higher overall rate than England, and IF the current rates continue (dependent greatly on supply continuing) then Wales will overtake England for the highest % of population vaccinated sometime early next week.

Given the UK is one of the quickest at rolling out the vaccine in the World, perhaps we should be more proud of the nation's efforts.
    Yes, Wales is doing well, despite the doubters.
    Long may it continue.

My mum had hers yesterday at CCS. Drive thru, she never got out the car.

Deleted

490570 as at yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by Porth Pouncer View Post

So basically your ‘oldie’ already had an appointment for the vaccine at the GP but rang up and had it a day early somewhere else, for some unknown and totally ridiculous reason, which could have resulted in a vaccine dose being wasted and one less person being done overall. Also chasing the second dose 10-12 weeks before it is due !! I just don't get the selfishness of some people.

Slight rise in new cases which is accounted for entirely by one of the health authorities in North Wales - all South Wales Boards are under a hundred. The plus twenty thousand a day trend continues in vaccines (the total now at 490,000) and a drop in the deaths figure to 35.

https://public.tableau.com/profile/p...eadlinesummary

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    I just don't get the selfishness of some people.
    Or they are old and have reduced capacity to understand it all.