+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: How Many Vaccines In Wales Today ?

Re: How Many Vaccines In Wales Today ?

Quote Originally Posted by Delbert View Post
    I really hope this doesn’t turn out to be true. The JCVI set out the priority list based on the clinical risk of infection, not as a perk of the job. It is immoral for any non-frontline NHS employee to make an appointment to receive the vaccine at this time.
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rs-nurses.html

And just for a bit of balance I would rather our current government to run things then any in either Westminster or Scotland.

1 - That's the Daily Fail
    2 - Doesnt mention Wales except to say NHS staff are being vaccinated
    3 - That's the Daily Fail

Quote Originally Posted by I'll give you the Malky!! View Post
    The post I quoted was replying to my earlier post when I said that non frontline NHS staff in England were receiving the vaccine which was in response to the same happening at a hospital in Wales. The fact it is in the Daily Mail doesn't automatically say it is untrue especially as the article quotes directly from named individuals.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Slightest hint of snow and my 75 year old MiL stares out of the window for hours upon end.

They'd need Schnorbitz on stand by to get her to leave the house.

Wales is vaccinating the population per 100000 at the fastest rate of the 4 home countries

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Wales is vaccinating the population per 100000 at the fastest rate of the 4 home countries
    That's great if true. However, the rate is likely to fall over the next few days as 4 vaccination centres in Wales will close due to the weather. That's the problem with setting targets; things always get in the way but target setting is definitely the fault of the UK government virtually forcing the regional governments to follow suit.

Quote Originally Posted by I'll give you the Malky!! View Post
    I’ve got a family member in the NHS who has been vaccinated

They are a receptionist but do work in the same building as patients.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    That's great if true. However, the rate is likely to fall over the next few days as 4 vaccination centres in Wales will close due to the weather. That's the problem with setting targets; things always get in the way but target setting is definitely the fault of the UK government virtually forcing the regional governments to follow suit.
    Instead of sitting around doing nothing maybe they could send the vaccinators to the capital where it’s moving at a snails pace

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-55783042

A health board boss has criticised council staff for potentially sharing Covid vaccine invites with colleagues.

Another twenty four thousand vaccinations in Wales in today's figures and only 796 new cases - once again, apart from the Gwent valleys, all south Wales regions are under a hundred. Given that it's a weekend, the deaths figure of forty four remains high though.

https://public.tableau.com/profile/p...eadlinesummary

Had an email from the nursing home my 88 year old mother is in, Cardiff, to let me know her first jab is happening tomorrow. Bit of good news

Quote Originally Posted by bluesp View Post
    Had an email from the nursing home my 88 year old mother is in, Cardiff, to let me know her first jab is happening tomorrow. Bit of good news
    best news for you I guess after Mick appointment , its been quite a week for you

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    best news for you I guess after Mick appointment , its been quite a week for you
    Ha ha something like that yes. Hoping MM turns things around and makes every week a good week

25000 jabs yesterday . Well on course to hit mid Feb targets.
    Well done Wales NHS

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Another twenty four thousand vaccinations in Wales in today's figures and only 796 new cases - once again, apart from the Gwent valleys, all south Wales regions are under a hundred. Given that it's a weekend, the deaths figure of forty four remains high though.

Yes, Bob, better news on the jabs and infection rates. Things are moving in the right direction.

Death rates are still high and it is a massive concern. I assume it's in part due to the new, more aggressive variant, but is it linked to pockets of deprivation, poor housing, lifestyle particularly up the Valleys? I guess it will come out in the wash eventually.

International

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-55783042

A health board boss has criticised council staff for potentially sharing Covid vaccine invites with colleagues.
    Potentially? How can you potentially share something? you either share it or you don't.

My 84 year old auntie got her first jab (Oxford AZ) on Friday - but only because her 82 year old neighbour who uses the same surgery in Ely was given an appointment and she relies on my auntie to drive her there. So she asked them to see where my auntie was on the list so that they could be done at the same time.

But my auntie wasn't on the list - even though she is registered with the surgery and goes regularly for bloods and flu jabs. All turned out well in the end but she is the third elderly relative I know about who was missing from a GP list (the other two in England).

International

They said a couple of days ago that they are going to start calling in 70 year olds. I'm almost 71 and I am the youngest of 6. 2 have had to isolate because of other health problems. None of us has had an invitation to go and be vaccinated. The oldest, my sister, is almost 83 and lives with someone with chronic illness, also not vaccinated.

But I did get a letter the other day to inform me that I would be getting a letter to inform me that I can make an appointment, at some time in the future. so that's alright then.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    They said a couple of days ago that they are going to start calling in 70 year olds. I'm almost 71 and I am the youngest of 6. 2 have had to isolate because of other health problems. None of us has had an invitation to go and be vaccinated. The oldest, my sister, is almost 83 and lives with someone with chronic illness, also not vaccinated.

But I did get a letter the other day to inform me that I would be getting a letter to inform me that I can make an appointment, at some time in the future. so that's alright then.
    And I thought I was the only one to get the letter saying I would be getting a letter to say that I would be notified by letter for an appointment sometime in the next millennium.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post

Do people think this just all going to happen over night? Have some patience and stop moaning you ****ing miserable old bastards.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    And I thought I was the only one to get the letter saying I would be getting a letter to say that I would be notified by letter for an appointment sometime in the next millennium.
    That's the one. It gave me a real feeling of being cared for to know that they knew I exist. I will treasure mine.

Only four thousand vaccinations yesterday which has more than undone the good work of the previous three days - hopefully, it's just a one off though. New cases under a thousand again;-

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Only four thousand vaccinations yesterday which has more than undone the good work of the previous three days - hopefully, it's just a one off though. New cases under a thousand again;-

Centres were closed yesterday due to the weather.

I walked past a centre on Saturday, there were 3 people in hi-vis vests managing the barricades but there was absolutely no one queuing to get in.