+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: How Many Vaccines In Wales Today ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: How Many Vaccines In Wales Today ?

Quote Originally Posted by Delbert View Post
    UK data, which can be broken down to nation level, here:

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/deta...ort_date_daily

Data for Cardiff and the Vale here:

https://cavuhb.nhs.wales/covid-19/ca...ion-programme/

1443 vaccinations yesterday. Interesting to note how few vaccinations have been given to the high risk over-80s group - 265 since the vaccination programme began on 8th December (average 7 per day). Contrast this with England where over 40% of over-80s have been vaccinated. Evidently Wales has prioritised frontline health and social care workers ahead of the over-80s.
    Look like a very sensible approach by Cardiff and Vale, keeping mass vaccination centres for front line workers, and GPs for elderly, plus a mobile unit for care homes

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    Look like a very sensible approach by Cardiff and Vale, keeping mass vaccination centres for front line workers, and GPs for elderly, plus a mobile unit for care homes
    I agree, as much as I want my 88 year old mum done, she’s going nowhere like last 9 months so can wait until frontline are done, teachers too in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I agree, as much as I want my 88 year old mum done, she’s going nowhere like last 9 months so can wait until frontline are done, teachers too in my opinion.
    They are not changing the priority list, just different venues for different groups. Makes sense as elderly better done at their usual GP surgery rather than queue at mass vaccination centre.

Mention of teachers and for that matter many other key worker groups. I disagree that they should take priority. The NHS is clogged up with elderly and we know it hits them hardest. Until they are vaccinated the pressure on the NHS will remain, and normality will be delayed.

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    They are not changing the priority list, just different venues for different groups. Makes sense as elderly better done at their usual GP surgery rather than queue at mass vaccination centre.

Mention of teachers and for that matter many other key worker groups. I disagree that they should take priority. The NHS is clogged up with elderly and we know it hits them hardest. Until they are vaccinated the pressure on the NHS will remain, and normality will be delayed.
    Average age in icu currently is 57 apparently, I wonder what the average age of those dying from covid is?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Average age in icu currently is 57 apparently, I wonder what the average age of those dying from covid is?
    PHW data shows about 75% deaths 70 years or older

Had a letter this morning, giving a list of categories in order of vaccination.

I reckon with Duckford still in charge, they’ll have to dig me and the Mrs up for ours

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Had a letter this morning, giving a list of categories in order of vaccination.

I reckon with Duckford still in charge, they’ll have to dig me and the Mrs up for ours
    Cardiff GP surgery’s starting this week I believe, Whitchurch and Radyr anyway