+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: How Many Vaccines In Wales Today ?

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Re: How Many Vaccines In Wales Today ?

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-...909?inApp=true

Every UK adult could be vaccinated by mid-July - if these figures are anything to go by

For ordinary citizens with all the lack of clarity about which story if any is the correct one it’s no wonder people are losing faith in the pronouncements of the politicians

Mid July 2022 in Wales if we’re lucky!

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    I for one as a non labour voter thinks he's performed well throughout the crisis.
    Now I know where the saying "There's always one" comes from

Its a pity Wales didn't have some time to plan and prepare for this moment .

All this work on the vaccine just appeared from nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Delbert View Post
    I think the confidence of the Welsh public in Drakeford’s ability to roll out the vaccine is dwindling by the minute.

“We won’t get another delivery of the Pfizer vaccine until the very end of January or maybe the beginning of February, so that 250,000 doses of vaccine has got to last us six weeks”.

What on earth is he saying here? If you’ve got a quarter of a million doses of vaccine then what you do is stick them in the arms of high risk Welsh people as soon as humanly possible 24/7 and if you’ve used them all up in a few days then that is a very good thing!
    Folk have conveniently forgot Wales poor NHS before all this and then chuck in transport and education performance it suggests were okay putting up with it as long as we have a particular political party in power , no opposition , no challenges to under performance is unhealthy , same in Scotland , no one talks about their methadone and drug problems which are appalling.

International

In all fairness although I have looked I cannot find any direct reference to Drakeford actually saying this., other than the twitter comment on here by a third person attached to a still of him in a briefing.

Can anyone actually find the clip of him if it was said on air or give a link to the the written statment?
    Or is it deliberate fake news?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    In all fairness although I have looked I cannot find any direct reference to Drakeford actually saying this., other than the twitter comment on here by a third person attached to a still of him in a briefing.

Can anyone actually find the clip of him if it was said on air or give a link to the the written statment?
    Or is it deliberate fake news?

International

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Thanks, wouldn't like to try to beat anyone without a stick!!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-55684894

GPs in north Wales are being advised to consider delaying Covid-19 vaccine appointments early next week due to a hold-up affecting about 26,000 doses.

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Allez Allez View Post
    Apologies, I didn't realise there were clinical trials that showed that. What is the efficacy of the Pfizer vaccine after 12 weeks? And the Oxford one?
    The Joint Committee on Vaccinations and Immunisations (JCVI) believe both vaccines are likely to offer good enough protection with a 12 week interval between doses.

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...rt-term-impact

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Now I know where the saying "There's always one" comes from
    Well when you compare him to our neighbour he's run at Boris, dropped the shoulder, skinned him and smashed it into the roof of the net.

But then moron's like you find it easier to bark at the moon.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    Well when you compare him to our neighbour he's run at Boris, dropped the shoulder, skinned him and smashed it into the roof of the net.

But then moron's like you find it easier to bark at the moon.

Tidy, I see I’ve won

Heisenberg

Got my first jab booked in for Tuesday and my follow-up booked in for April.

It took 3 days of ringing to get through to the booking team due to the volume of calls that they were receiving... Make of that what you will.

Quote Originally Posted by Delbert View Post
    The Joint Committee on Vaccinations and Immunisations (JCVI) believe both vaccines are likely to offer good enough protection with a 12 week interval between doses.

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...rt-term-impact

A maximum of 12 weeks between doses is what the JCVI say. Pfizer still say second at 3 weeks. MHRA say no sooner than 3 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Tidy, I see I’ve won
    I didn't realise there was a competition but congratulations.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Got my first jab booked in for Tuesday and my follow-up booked in for April.

It took 3 days of ringing to get through to the booking team due to the volume of calls that they were receiving... Make of that what you will.
    What group are you in if you dont mind me asking?

I make it that they need more people answering the phones.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    this seems like cherry picking data.
    I've been comparing England and Wales throughout the pandemic, and for most of it England has been higher than Wales . and I think if you look at deaths overall since the start England's rate is higher.
    for a short period in December and the start of January Wales were higher

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    this seems like cherry picking data.
    I've been comparing England and Wales throughout the pandemic, and for most of it England has been higher than Wales . and I think if you look at deaths overall since the start England's rate is higher.
    for a short period in December and the start of January Wales were higher
    I thought it was pertinent to juxtapose those figures with Drakeford's comments that the deployment of the Pfizer vaccine in Wales is being delayed to prevent vaccinators having nothing to do if all the existing supply is used up.

So they vaccinate for half a day, stand around the rest of it so they can vaccinate the next half day and stand around the rest of the day ad infinitum. A friggin’ joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    So they vaccinate for half a day, stand around the rest of it so they can vaccinate the next half day and stand around the rest of the day ad infinitum. A friggin’ joke.
    they aren't going to be standing around though are they as they'll just switch onto the Astra Zeneca vaccine.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    What group are you in if you dont mind me asking?

I make it that they need more people answering the phones.
    Front line social care.

I just heard that they are introducing online bookings for certain professionals to help ease the burden on the phone lines too.

they aren't going to be standing around though are they as they'll just switch onto the Astra Zeneca vaccine.
    Mark Drakeford defends decision to delay deployment of Pfizer vaccine supplies on #r4today: "There would be no point and certainly it would be logistically damaging to use up all our vaccines in the first week and have our vaccinators standing around with nothing to do."

Not said a word about Astra Zeneca vaccine.

So what is Drakeford talking about?