+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: How Many Vaccines In Wales Today ?

Re: How Many Vaccines In Wales Today ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Mark Drakeford defends decision to delay deployment of Pfizer vaccine supplies on #r4today: "There would be no point and certainly it would be logistically damaging to use up all our vaccines in the first week and have our vaccinators standing around with nothing to do."
    I have no idea why they're doing it, and it doesn't sound like drakeford does either. presumably a decision made for a logistical reason that hasn't been explained well enough.
    from a political point of view it would be far better frlor drakeford to burn through the vaccines as fast as possible and then moan loudly that the UK government weren't giving them enough.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-55704017

Wales' first minister has been accused of a "go-slow" vaccination strategy after he defended the speed of the Covid jab roll-out.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    What group are you in if you dont mind me asking?

I make it that they need more people answering the phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Front line social care.

I just heard that they are introducing online bookings for certain professionals to help ease the burden on the phone lines too.
    Cheers - i was just wondering if they're starting to invite anyone below 80 yet. Seems not at the moment.

I may have missed something but who are these vaccinators who would be standing around doing nothing? Surely they have their normal "day jobs" to be getting on with or has WAG somehow magically conjured up lots of unemployed people to become vaccinators?

"There would be no point and certainly it would be logistically damaging to rescue all the people from the burning building as quickly as possible and have our firemen standing around with nothing to do."

This is Drakeford's logic. It's insane.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    "There would be no point and certainly it would be logistically damaging to rescue all the people from the burning building as quickly as possible and have our firemen standing around with nothing to do."

This is Drakeford's logic. It's insane.
    maybe it has to do with the availability of the second dose, after all that's supposed to be given within 3weeks according to the trials.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    maybe it has to do with the availability of the second dose, after all that's supposed to be given within 3weeks according to the trials.
    That would mean we're ignoring the JCVI guidance, which was endorsed by the CMOs of all four countries in the UK.

That would mean we're ignoring the JCVI guidance, which was endorsed by the CMOs of all four countries in the UK.
    But not endorsed by the manufacturer or being followed by ANY other countries

But not endorsed by the manufacturer or being followed by ANY other countries
    Do you think that is the reason for the delays? Why doesn't Drakeford say so?

If Drakeford's comments were intended to clarify the matter, then I think it safe to say they haven't done so. I can't get my head around how it can be that elderly, frail and worried people should be made to wait longer for something that would make them feel far more reassured than they are now because doing that would mean that there would be "vaccinators standing around with nothing to do" - talk about wrong priorities!

For all I know, there may be valid reasons for the WAG's approach, but they are certainly making a terrible job of explaining them - just as with his "this is not a race" remark, the first Minister has spoken in a most unfortunate manner which does not help his cause at all.

Do you think that is the reason for the delays? Why doesn't Drakeford say so?
    no idea

What a clown Drakeford is. He opts to put vulnerable people's lives at risk just to keep others gainfully employed. Who the hell does he think he is ?

The focus elsewhere I believe is to use up the vaccine as soon as you get it not leave it stockpiled on a shelf.

It's about time this idiot was voted out out of office as soon as possible. If it weren't for Covid restrictions, I could see there being large-scale demonstrations outside the Assembly building.

As you can tell, I am not a happy chappie !!

He needs to go. APOLOGIES JUST SEEN THIS POSTED ABOVE

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-55704017

Don't want them standing around doing nothing?

What is that all about? Laughable.

I don't see how it's not a race either, not against England, Scotland, wherever but it must be against the virus? Surely it has to be. If there are jabs there then use them yesterday. Don't get the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    I may have missed something but who are these vaccinators who would be standing around doing nothing? Surely they have their normal "day jobs" to be getting on with or has WAG somehow magically conjured up lots of unemployed people to become vaccinators?
    No-one on the BBC Wales news coverage has asked this basic question!

International

I have no idea why they're doing it, and it doesn't sound like drakeford does either. presumably a decision made for a logistical reason that hasn't been explained well enough.
    from a political point of view it would be far better frlor drakeford to burn through the vaccines as fast as possible and then moan loudly that the UK government weren't giving them enough.
    To believe that Drakeford said something that he has no idea about is to suggest that he listens to people and takes advice. But everything we know about him suggests that he makes all the decisions and he lays down the rules and those around him just agree. He is dogmatic and believes he knows best, plus a lot of his decisions and his utterences whether right or wrong, have been politically motivated, which probably isn't the best reason for making them in such trying uncertain times..
    I think on the evidence of his previous statements we must assume he knows exactly what he is saying, and he clearly cannot see anything wrong with the policy he is employing.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    To believe that Drakeford said something that he has no idea about is to suggest that he listens to people and takes advice. But everything we know about him suggests that he makes all the decisions and he lays down the rules and those around him just agree. He is dogmatic and believes he knows best, plus a lot of his decisions and his utterences whether right or wrong, have been politically motivated, which probably isn't the best reason for making them in such trying uncertain times..
    I think on the evidence of his previous statements we must assume he knows exactly what he is saying, and he clearly cannot see anything wrong with the policy he is employing.
    The one thing about Drakeford is that his language is very clear I may be wrong but I heard he read Latin at University and possibly taught it (think I made the second bit up) and I think he speaks with real clarity as a result.

He knows what he's saying and I suspect there is a lot more behind the scenes that messageboard users are not privy to.

I have hesitated to be overly critical of any of the home leaders during this crisis though I do not see that any of them have been outstanding.

But unless I am missing something Drakeford is being really stupid here.

If Boris or Matt Hancock said this they would be crucified by the Media and Twitterati (and this messageboard)

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    No-one on the BBC Wales news coverage has asked this basic question!
    They never do ask, especially BBC journos. They’re a complete waste of space.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    I have hesitated to be overly critical of any of the home leaders during this crisis though I do not see that any of them have been outstanding.

If Boris or Matt Hancock said this they would be crucified by the Media and Twitterati (and this messageboard)
    I have to agree unless I'm completely missing something he sounds like an idiot.

Agreed. I'm a Labour Party member and this makes no sense to me whatsoever.

Totally agree with you Elwood. Like you I have not been over critical of any of the leaders as they've had a devil of a job to do in these trying times. But Drakeford has made himself look like the village idiot with this policy and the sooner he's kicked out the better.

Talk Radio found it incredulous and their expert also can't understand Drakeford's logic.

Mark “it’s not a sprint” Drakeford’s decision to deliberately delay protecting high risk individuals because he doesn’t want “vaccinators standing around with nothing to do" amounts to negligence. Hopefully the protests that have followed his remarks result in an urgent U-turn.

It appears politicians, the media and the medical establishment have decided they can no longer pretend they have confidence in the First Minister’s ability to roll out the mass vaccination programme in Wales. I am relieved people are now starting to hold him to account.