+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: How Many Vaccines In Wales Today ?

Re: How Many Vaccines In Wales Today ?

According to the letter we received, these are the numbers in Wales:---------

1) Older adults resident in a care home and care home workers (40,000)

2) Those 80 years of age and over (174,000)

3) health and social care workers (152,000)

4) Those aged 75-79 (127,ooo)

5) Those aged 70-74 (253,000)

6) Those aged 65-69 (166,000)

7) Moderate-risk adults under 65 (338,000)

8) Those aged 60-64 (126,000)

9) Those aged 55-59 (151,ooo)

10) those aged 50-54 (163,000)

11) Rest (1,092, 000)

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    There's probably around 75k people over 70 in cardiff and vale health board area, which would require each of their GP practices immunizing 60 people a day (mon-fri) until the middle of february.
    that doesn't seem unreasonable, thats a vaccine every 8 minutes or so.
    When I had my flu jab at my GPs surgery the nurse told me she had a fairly easy afternoon with just 40 to do. So 60 in a day seems reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    When I had my flu jab at my GPs surgery the nurse told me she had a fairly easy afternoon with just 40 to do. So 60 in a day seems reasonable.
    We've been told, that Thornhill Surgery has 50 vaccinations in TOTAL.

112973 vaccinations as at yesterday 11602 more than the day before.
    So ramping up, may get to Thornhill in next couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    To be fair Thornhill's quite small isn't it?

International

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    There's probably around 75k people over 70 in cardiff and vale health board area, which would require each of their GP practices immunizing 60 people a day (mon-fri) until the middle of february.
    that doesn't seem unreasonable, thats a vaccine every 8 minutes or so.
    But it isn't just over 70s. Its people in the other groups to regardless of age

It's a big surgery so maybe has more. I don't go there so not sure

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    PLANK

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    I'd imagine its because they cant work out the logistics of administering all 900+ doses from one box at one time. In Scotland theyve worked with Pfizer to work out how to safely work with smaller batches.

PLANK
    Come on, it’s not a race, it’s not like people are dying or anything

International

That is a stunningly stupid thing to say publicly, even if they have to do it for logistical or any other reason.

Also why do that have to have a "Trail" of Pharmasies giving injections, and why is it only starting today or later? It should be up and running.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I'd imagine its because they cant work out the logistics of administering all 900+ doses from one box at one time. In Scotland theyve worked with Pfizer to work out how to safely work with smaller batches.
    If that is the reason, it would have been good if he’d said so because, as it is stands, it’s hard to see any sense in the decision.

I’ve lost track of the vaccines figure lately, but I think it might be around 15,000.

International

I cannot find the live vid of he speaking. Does anyone have a link. It seems he was only talking about use of the pfiser vaccine not the oxford one, but if that is so andso many people can misinterpret what he said it is still stupid

I think the confidence of the Welsh public in Drakeford’s ability to roll out the vaccine is dwindling by the minute.

“We won’t get another delivery of the Pfizer vaccine until the very end of January or maybe the beginning of February, so that 250,000 doses of vaccine has got to last us six weeks”.

What on earth is he saying here? If you’ve got a quarter of a million doses of vaccine then what you do is stick them in the arms of high risk Welsh people as soon as humanly possible 24/7 and if you’ve used them all up in a few days then that is a very good thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Delbert View Post
    I think the confidence of the Welsh public in Drakeford’s ability to roll out the vaccine is dwindling by the minute.

“We won’t get another delivery of the Pfizer vaccine until the very end of January or maybe the beginning of February, so that 250,000 doses of vaccine has got to last us six weeks”.

What on earth is he saying here? If you’ve got a quarter of a million doses of vaccine then what you do is stick them in the arms of high risk Welsh people as soon as humanly possible 24/7 and if you’ve used them all up in a few days then that is a very good thing!
    Woah, hang on. You have to remember that there were people vaccinated on December 8th who had their second doses cancelled. These people will need a second vaccine within a few weeks and the Welsh Government has decided not to play the lottery by mixing vaccines. So, this has to be managed. It's all well and good to say "give 250,000 doses as quick as possible", but in 12 weeks time have people whose immunity has expired because they have not had a second dose because of shortages.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    If that is the reason, it would have been good if he’d said so because, as it is stands, it’s hard to see any sense in the decision.

I’ve lost track of the vaccines figure lately, but I think it might be around 15,000.
    The reporter on Wales Today pointed out that we need to average about 19,000 a day from here to meet the February target. Drakeford needs to get all of the centres, GPs and mobile units 100% operational pretty quick.
    Next weeks a massive week for him.

He couldn't inspire an alcoholic to drink a glass of whiskey, and he'd probably have to have another bloody meeting to do that
    It's a very true old saying but when all is said and done, there's a lot more said than done
    That sums up this bloody idiot

If you are over 90 you might well have got the jab today in cardiff....

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Allez Allez View Post
    Woah, hang on. You have to remember that there were people vaccinated on December 8th who had their second doses cancelled. These people will need a second vaccine within a few weeks and the Welsh Government has decided not to play the lottery by mixing vaccines. So, this has to be managed. It's all well and good to say "give 250,000 doses as quick as possible", but in 12 weeks time have people whose immunity has expired because they have not had a second dose because of shortages.
    No-ones immunity will have expired in 12 weeks.

The next delivery of Pfizer vaccine is due in late January or early February.

There are only a tiny number of people who received vaccination in the 1st half of December and they won’t be due their second vaccination until potentially the 1st half of March.

Meanwhile somewhere in Wales 250,000 doses of vaccine sit on a shelf.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    The reporter on Wales Today pointed out that we need to average about 19,000 a day from here to meet the February target. Drakeford needs to get all of the centres, GPs and mobile units 100% operational pretty quick.
    Next weeks a massive week for him.
    We're up to about 11,000 a day already and I imagine that will only increase as more centres are opened

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    He couldn't inspire an alcoholic to drink a glass of whiskey, and he'd probably have to have another bloody meeting to do that
    It's a very true old saying but when all is said and done, there's a lot more said than done
    That sums up this bloody idiot
    I for one as a non labour voter thinks he's performed well throughout the crisis.

The next delivery of Pfizer vaccine is due in late January or early February.

There are only a tiny number of people who received vaccination in the 1st half of December and they won’t be due their second vaccination until potentially the 1st half of March.

Meanwhile somewhere in Wales 250,000 doses of vaccine sit on a shelf.
    They have made a decision to use the Oxford vaccine in GP surgeries etc whilst using the Pfizer jab at mass vaccination centres. Seems there aren't enough of these to use up the Pfizer vaccine so unbelievably it sits on the shelf. People who have already had a jab will in reality be in the queue for a second from around Mid Feb ( around 10 weeks as they can't leave it all to the last minute). So from then on an increasing volume of patients will be repeats, around 10,000 a week.

They have missed the opportunity to get as many vaccinated as soon as possible which was the logic in delaying the second dose.

As for immunity at 12 weeks, who knows? Pfizer have said that they cannot be responsible for the efficacy of their vaccine unless a repeat is given three weeks after the first dose.

As far as pharmacies are concerned, unless they can do a significant number of injections a day forget them. These vaccines have a 6 hour life once a dose has been taken from a vial, and the Oxford jab has 10 doses per vial and comes as a 10 vial box. The press compares it to the flu campaigns but it is nothing like the flu vaccine which comes as a ready to use single dose syringe, and they can do a couple a day.

Apologies, I didn't realise there were clinical trials that showed that. What is the efficacy of the Pfizer vaccine after 12 weeks? And the Oxford one?

Lots of speculation in the last few posts, but, with vaccines running behind schedule for the mid February target and now the WAG announcing it’s slowing down delivery of the Pfizer jab, the people of Wales deserve better than yesterday’s non explanation from the First Minister - maYbe I’m missing something, but what was said by Drakeford appears to run contrary to what we’ve been told previously.