+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: How Many Vaccines In Wales Today ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: How Many Vaccines In Wales Today ?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Over 20,000 vaccinations in Wales again, new cases up above a thousand again though and 27 deaths;-

https://public.tableau.com/profile/p...eadlinesummary
    28000 vaccines yesterday, 23k day before. Certainly ramping up to meet promises, despite doubters on here.
    Cases up a bit on yesterday, but overall still coming down, so fingers crossed. Death rate is still too high. I speculate that much of that is due to the levels of poverty and deprivation in the valleys.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    28000 vaccines yesterday, 23k day before. Certainly ramping up to meet promises, despite doubters on here.
    At this rate the 80+; and care home residents and workers should easily be completed by mid Feb.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    At this rate the 80+; and care home residents and workers should easily be completed by mid Feb.
    Thw only problem with that woud be that they promised that by then everyone 70 and older plus those with underlyinghealth conditions would be done.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Thw only problem with that woud be that they promised that by then everyone 70 and older plus those with underlyinghealth conditions would be done.
    And they will be if the rate for the last two days is maintained according to the BBC link I posted this morning.

Cases up a bit on yesterday, but overall still coming down, so fingers crossed. Death rate is still too high. I speculate that much of that is due to the levels of poverty and deprivation in the valleys.

I don’t believe a word of how many vaccinations they say now

Agreed. The BBC article I posted this morning said that if they could match the 23,000 figure every day they would be able to meet the mid February target which would lead to some on here having to eat some humble pie for what they've been saying recently - I'm one of those people and I will be very pleased to do so if the rates for the last two days can be maintained.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Agreed. The BBC article I posted this morning said that if they could match the 23,000 figure every day they would be able to meet the mid February target which would lead to some on here having to eat some humble pie for what they've been saying recently - I'm one of those people and I will be very pleased to do so if the rates for the last two days can be maintained.
    I'd love to see a breakdown of those 28000.

Bet the vast majority were to health care workers who should be a lot easier to get to and vaccinate en masse than the elderly.

Bet the vast majority were to health care workers who should be a lot easier to get to and vaccinate en masse than the elderly.
    Found it. Interesting that we are possibly on a par with England considering the four day lag in our reporting.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-55758774

Found it. Interesting that we are possibly on a par with England considering the four day lag in our reporting.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-55758774
    Bollocks 70% of over 80’s by the end of the weekend.....

Mate of mine was relocated to the new grange hospital in a covid ward so had his jab a few weeks ago, he was amazed to find out that office staff who never go anywhere near the wards had already secured there’s.....farcical just like boris’ dad already managed to get not only his first jab, but 2nd too.....lovely stuff to hear that

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Mate of mine was relocated to the new grange hospital in a covid ward so had his jab a few weeks ago, he was amazed to find out that office staff who never go anywhere near the wards had already secured there’s.....farcical just like boris’ dad already managed to get not only his first jab, but 2nd too.....lovely stuff to hear that
    I doubt those people are jumping the queue.

It makes sense to get all NHS employees vaccinated asap as it the place that keeps us alive when we fall ill.

I guess they will have done so many is that the staff are a captive audience.

I doubt those people are jumping the queue.

It makes sense to get all NHS employees vaccinated asap as it the place that keeps us alive when we fall ill.

I guess they will have done so many is that the staff are a captive audience.
    Before nurses who work on wards??

Before nurses who work on wards??
    Ideally no but maybe the logistics made it happen days apart.

It's the same in England. Office staff, dealing with pensions and other non medical issues, who are in completely different buildings to the hospital seem to have had their jabs.