+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: How Many Vaccines In Wales Today ?

Re: How Many Vaccines In Wales Today ?

Mass vaccination centre opened in Pentwyn

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Mass vaccination centre opened in Pentwyn
    Yes they have closed the Heath one which was doing the Health workers , it will ramp up now hopefully ??? .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Yes they have closed the Heath one which was doing the Health workers , it will ramp up now hopefully ??? .
    All depends on supply I suppose, people on my street in their 70s are starting to get vaccinated

Gething 'Earlier lockdown in Wales could have saved more lives'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-55890782

Generally, I think he's been pretty honest there, but Governments, Welsh or UK, should not be allowed to get away with crap like "he believes decisions were correct based on the information available at the time" - there were stacks of people and Governments who acted and organisations that strongly urged action while the WAG and Uk Government did nothing. The UK should have had an advantage over mainland Europe because Covid took a bit longer really take a hold here, but it was wasted as Johnson, especially, dithered.

New cases remaining around the 5 to 6 hundred mark in Wales and I think we're up over 20,000 vaccinations again after a dip (caused by Sundays weather?) yesterday. Tuesday seems to be the day for lower death figures now - only 7.

https://public.tableau.com/profile/p...eadlinesummary

International

I was in Merthyr this mornign and I was watching the vaccination centre for about 10 minutes. i know that doesn't seem ;long but nromally ther is a queue of people outside waiting their turn to get the jab.
    This morning, all the time I was there, there was no queue no one went in and no one came out?It seemed odd.

I was temptedto go over and say "If you're not busy........" but I do wonder why there was nothing happening.

Drakeford won't be happy, people standing around getting paid with nothing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    New cases remaining around the 5 to 6 hundred mark in Wales and I think we're up over 20,000 vaccinations again after a dip (caused by Sundays weather?) yesterday. Tuesday seems to be the day for lower death figures now - only 7.

Cardiff will soon be under 100 per 100k.....not been that low since last September. I’m all for getting it as low as possible and to vaccinate as many possible but it’s got to give a bit soon else we are going to see a huge problem with mental health. I know a good few people who weren’t so bad last June but are suffering now. Get primary kids back in school and gyms/sports courts open asap

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I was in Merthyr this mornign and I was watching the vaccination centre for about 10 minutes. i know that doesn't seem ;long but nromally ther is a queue of people outside waiting their turn to get the jab.
    This morning, all the time I was there, there was no queue no one went in and no one came out?It seemed odd.

I was temptedto go over and say "If you're not busy........" but I do wonder why there was nothing happening.

Drakeford won't be happy, people standing around getting paid with nothing to do.
    Snow?

International

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Snow?
    Good answer.... but not right!!

What's Mr Chips doing? Say what you see! "Feck all".

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post

Maybe all the oldies of Merthyr failed to turn up for their scheduled appointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    Maybe all the oldies of Merthyr failed to turn up for their scheduled appointment.
    I think that the average life expectancy in Merthyr is about Fifty Two. Those having the Vaccine in their 70's would've been done in a morning

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I think that the average life expectancy in Merthyr is about Fifty Two. Those having the Vaccine in their 70's would've been done in a morning
    **** me, i shouldn't Jest. Average life expectancy on the Gurnos estate is fifty eight-To compare, Kabul is sixty four!

**** me, i shouldn't Jest. Average life expectancy on the Gurnos estate is fifty eight-To compare, Kabul is sixty four!
    no that was a widely reported error a few years ago, the actual life expectancy in the guernos Is over 70

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    no that was a widely reported error a few years ago, the actual life expectancy in the guernos Is over 70
    Fair enough, i stand corrected

Fair enough, i stand corrected
    How dare you stand corrected.
    This is the Internet, you are supposed to insist you are right repeatedly until one of us dies

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    How dare you stand corrected.
    This is the Internet, you are supposed to insist you are right repeatedly until one of us dies
    I read a little more, Fifty eight is the average healthy lifespan, apparently, after that it's medication and what not

Had my first Pfizer jab an hour ago in Splott Leisure Centre. Brilliantly organised, all volunteers, health workers, and RAF really fab and helpful. Someone even came out with a load of umbrellas during a downpour when we were in a long queue outside getting soaked. Been told the next one will be around 12 weeks time. Was really impressed with the set-up and the speed with which we were in and out.
    Last edited by Citizen's Nephew; 02-02-21 at 17:07. Reason: Spelling

Is Kabul up Dowlais way?

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Is Kabul up Dowlais way?
    Turn right at the Top of the khyber pass

International

Good point, I didn't consider that.
    I did think it might have been so if the pubs and clubs were open ------ - but of course they're not.. Or are they?

Any areas in Wales doing the 65 to 70 age group yet ?

Down under 500 new cases today with all of the Boards in South Wales having less than a hundred. The running total is now 462k for vaccines and, at present rates, that will mean it will go past half a million on Friday - deaths have jumped a lot from the previous day, as they always do on a Wednesday for some reason, to fifty from seven.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    two mates of mine under 65 with underlying conditions have had the jab, one in caerphilly and one RCT

The local surgery I belong to has vaccinated its 80 and over patients in house and has now started on the 75 and over patients with the Oxford vaccine. They have told everyone in the age groups below that they will be summoned in due course by the powers that be to one of the mass vaccination centres.

International

Never mind the youngsters, what about the over 70's getting some first?