+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: How Many Vaccines In Wales Today ?

International

Re: How Many Vaccines In Wales Today ?

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    Have you seen how many have refused a vaccine?

I can't imagine they'll get to 100% as some won't want it.
    I think they use the phrase 'offered the vaccine'. That covers them for the numbers and means the people who said no had their chance and declined.

Only around 14,000 vaccinations yesterday and 610 cases is a jump on Saturday's figure. Deaths down to 12, but that was enough to take the figure to just over 5,000 in Wales - an awful figure.

https://public.tableau.com/profile/p...eadlinesummary

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Could be that those that have had the Astra Zeneca jab have to go for a third jab in September if the current reports about the South African variant are correct

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    Could be that those that have had the Astra Zeneca jab have to go for a third jab in September if the current reports about the South African variant are correct
    Maybe, as long as it protects against getting seriously ill that’s the main thing surely. I’m not quite sure what they mean about it doesn’t protect you from mild symptoms, who cares about mild symptoms anyway? A regular jab every sept/Oct will no doubt be the norm for many years to come like the flu jab as they have already alluded to. I’m sure they are tweaking the vaccine right now to cater for this variant, they have been saying this would be the case for months I believe......

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Only around 14,000 vaccinations yesterday and 610 cases is a jump on Saturday's figure. Deaths down to 12, but that was enough to take the figure to just over 5,000 in Wales - an awful figure.

Finally, my 88 year old mother got the jab too.....

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Maybe, as long as it protects against getting seriously ill that’s the main thing surely. I’m not quite sure what they mean about it doesn’t protect you from mild symptoms, who cares about mild symptoms anyway? A regular jab every sept/Oct will no doubt be the norm for many years to come like the flu jab as they have already alluded to. I’m sure they are tweaking the vaccine right now to cater for this variant, they have been saying this would be the case for months I believe......
    its like every vaccine or virus you can even die from Flu and other risky winter diseases especially if your old and vulnerable or ones immune system is not at this best , this virus will mutate every year as does the flue ,at some point we will have to live with this virus or more death will come form lock-down through mental depression , poverty due to a huge economic slump ,children whose education being stunted .

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post

Absolutely

I see on Cardiff and Vale health board have opened up their vaccination booking lines to anybody over the age of 70

https://cavuhb.nhs.wales/covid-19/ca...ion-programme/

The message also says that groups 5,6 and 7 will start to be processed from 15th February

Can’t come quick enough to save the lives of as many as possible

International

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    I see on Cardiff and Vale health board have opened up their vaccination booking lines to anybody over the age of 70

https://cavuhb.nhs.wales/covid-19/ca...ion-programme/

The message also says that groups 5,6 and 7 will start to be processed from 15th February

Can’t come quick enough to save the lives of as many as possible
    Where did you see Cardiff opening up? I looked on he covid update and it still says wait for an invite. I want mine.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Where did you see Cardiff opening up? I looked on he covid update and it still says wait for an invite. I want mine.
    Its on the link hes provided with a telephone number.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Its on the link hes provided with a telephone number.
    well spotted. Just checking you're paying attention.

Vaccines figures below 20,000 in Wales for a second successive day which is a bit of a concern with the deadline coming up a few days time. The good news is that the new cases figure is as low as I can remember it being since well before Christmas, just 351 with many of the regions in south Wales being down below fifty - deaths figure low as well, but it always is on a Tuesday.

It may slow down a bit as we get into the last batch of people. Not many to go now(comparatively speaking as they try to get the ones that have been missed).
    No of new cases definitely coming down, mortalities as well so better signs there.
    I would be very surprised if any further relaxation is announced before mid March, after youngsters go back to school in a fortnight.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    It may slow down a bit as we get into the last batch of people. Not many to go now(comparatively speaking as they try to get the ones that have been missed).
    No of new cases definitely coming down, mortalities as well so better signs there.
    I would be very surprised if any further relaxation is announced before mid March, after youngsters go back to school in a fortnight.
    There may be some kind of plan announced after the next review, or what we expect coming forward etc. I don't think there'll be big changes before late March/early April and nor should there be

Higher vaccine figure today I believe, but another drop in new cases to 323 with all Welsh boards below the hundred mark - hopefully evidence of a gradual decline in deaths figures as well.

Folks over 60 getting invites soooon

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Folks over 60 getting invites soooon
    👍

International

Or maybe its slowing down because places like Merthry innoculation centre have been close for the last 4 days. Maybe!

👍
    Seen someone's invite letter for next week and he was only 65

Some lovely anti-Welsh xenophobia in the comments there, Twitter is a cesspit

Looks like Wales will be going past the 700,000 vaccinations figure tomorrow. A slight rise in new cases to just over four hundred, but, once again, none of the south Wales regions are above a hundred and, for the third day in a row, deaths are running at around half the level they were not too long ago;-

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Looks like Wales will be going past the 700,000 vaccinations figure tomorrow. A slight rise in new cases to just over four hundred, but, once again, none of the south Wales regions are above a hundred and, for the third day in a row, deaths are running at around half the level they were not too long ago;-

Over 25% of Welsh adults partially vaccinated, we'll be in the pub before you know it!

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Over 25% of Welsh adults partially vaccinated, we'll be in the pub before you know it!
    Will there be any still in business?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Will there be any still in business?
    I really doubt it, a few big chains maybe.....at least the Vulcan will be open soon at st fagans museum so we can all experience a pub again.....