+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: How Many Vaccines In Wales Today ?

Re: How Many Vaccines In Wales Today ?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Looks like Wales will be going past the 700,000 vaccinations figure tomorrow. A slight rise in new cases to just over four hundred, but, once again, none of the south Wales regions are above a hundred and, for the third day in a row, deaths are running at around half the level they were not too long ago;-

https://public.tableau.com/profile/p...eadlinesummary
    I wonder how bad deaths from other things are at the moment, particularly suicide. My mates a support worker, he just told me on his last shift two of his kids in the house tried to kill themselves, both now sectioned. It’s brutal at the moment.

International

I still haven't been called for a test and the info from Cardiff and Vale is only 75 and over should contact them. I have some days off next week and want to get it done.

Me and the Mrs had our phone call this afternoon.

69 and 67.

Jabs next wednesday in Gabalfa surgery

International

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Me and the Mrs had our phone call this afternoon.

69 and 67.

Jabs next wednesday in Gabalfa surgery
    grrrrrrr!

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I still haven't been called for a test and the info from Cardiff and Vale is only 75 and over should contact them. I have some days off next week and want to get it done.
    Someone posted a link the other day with the number to call if you're over 70. You replied to the post.

To save you looking again, it said:

'Age 70-74: contact the booking centre on 029 2184 1234 '

Good luck

????

You were given the link with it saying 70 and over and with the number to ring.!

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Someone posted a link the other day with the number to call if you're over 70. You replied to the post.

To save you looking again, it said:

'Age 70-74: contact the booking centre on 029 2184 1234 '

Good luck
    👍

International

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    ????

You were given the link with it saying 70 and over and with the number to ring.!
    Yes I was and it was noted bit----- in Cardiff and the /vale they say people over 75, not 70. The BBC published the local area rules yesterday as they were informed by the relavent authorities. And if people under 70 are getting calls and appointments why aren't people over 70?

Heisenberg

I give up.

Yes I was and it was noted bit----- in Cardiff and the /vale they say people over 75, not 70. The BBC published the local area rules yesterday as they were informed by the relavent authorities. And if people under 70 are getting calls and appointments why aren't people over 70?
    Over 75s who havent had an appointment ring your GP.

Over 70s the booking centre.

Over 70s with no appointments have been urged to ring.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

My brother in law lives in canton aged 67 and several of his similarly aged group of friends have been contacted by phone today by the GP surgeries and have vaccination appointments next Tuesday at CCS

If this is happening then if you’re over 70 I suggest you should contact the number on the CAV health board site above.

I still think Drakeford's "this is not a sprint" comment was both crass and of no use whatsoever, but I can't deny time has proved him right to the extent that he can now claim that Wales has hit targets and the fact that the Welsh Minister in the UK Government seems to be wanting to claim some of the credit for Wales hitting their targets (funny how he was nowhere to be seen or heard when the flak was flying) tells you that this story is correct;-

https://twitter.com/i/status/1360024066967670785

Therefore, as someone who was very critical of Drakeford and the WAG in the early stages of the vaccine roll out, here I am eating humble pie as I said I would if the the targets were hit - I trust those who were being so critical early in the New Year on here amid claims that the roll out was solely the responsibility of the WAG and nothing to do with the UK Government will join me in doing so.

I still think Drakeford's "this is not a sprint" comment was both crass and of no use whatsoever, but I can't deny time has proved him right to the extent that he can now claim that Wales has hit targets and the fact that the Welsh Minister in the UK Government seems to be wanting to claim some of the credit for Wales hitting their targets (funny how he was nowhere to be seen or heard when the flak was flying) tells you that this story is correct;-

Therefore, as someone who was very critical of Drakeford and the WAG in the early stages of the vaccine roll out, here I am eating humble pie as I said I would if the the targets were hit - I trust those who were being so critical early in the New Year on here amid claims that the roll out was solely the responsibility of the WAG and nothing to do with the UK Government will join me in doing so.
    I too was critical of Drakeford, and it seems his crass comments about it not being a sprint caused so much adverse publicity that Wales finally got going at a faster rate than the other home nations.

However, yesterday he said that things will slow down over the next few weeks because of short term lack of vaccines. He added that they are holding back the Pfizer vaccine for 2nd doses and that vaccine centres will cut opening hours.

He's missing a trick here as it's an ideal opportunity to accelerate the 2nd dosing of the Pfizer vaccine while clinics are quiet. the 2nd dose can be given three weeks after the 1st, there is no need to wait up to 12 weeks

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Could Wales have achieved more % vaccinations if the program had started at the same time as the rest of the U.K.?

I cant help but feel that the public were not informed of the reasons why there was such a delay and I can’t help but feel the reasons were political.

Other than that, Good Job WAG oh and the NHS vaccination delivery teams

Apologies for the wrong link, this is the one I meant it to be;-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-56025773

I would say it's a great effort by the NHS, Army and volunteers.
    Well done to all

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    I would say it's a great effort by the NHS, Army and volunteers.
    Well done to all
    Yes to the mgt of all the various health bodies around Wales.....stepped up

Nope, no one joining me in eating humble pie yet, just a marked reluctance to give the WAG any credit it seems.

Let's give credit where it is due, not to the people who want to bask in the glory off others hard work and effort

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    Let's give credit where it is due, not to the people who want to bask in the glory off others hard work and effort
    That line would be more justified if the WAG hadn’t been held solely to blame by many when it looked like things were going badly wrong on the vaccine front. It should go without saying that great credit goes to the NHS and all of the other parties that have helped to ensure the target was reached, but it’s hypocritical to hold a body responsible for something looking like going wrong and then not give it credit when everything turns out to be okay.

International

That line would be more justified if the WAG hadn’t been held solely to blame by many when it looked like things were going badly wrong on the vaccine front. It should go without saying that great credit goes to the NHS and all of the other parties that have helped to ensure the target was reached, but it’s hypocritical to hold a body responsible for something looking like going wrong and then not give it credit when everything turns out to be okay.
    To be fair I think they have done very well. But what caused the outcry was not what was actually happening but Drakeford's stupid comment regarding people standing about doing nothing.
    If he had nor made such a silly remark I don't think there would have been any complaint in the first place, people would have just accepted the vaccination roll out takes time.

To be fair I think they have done very well. But what caused the outcry was not what was actually happening but Drakeford's stupid comment regarding people standing about doing nothing.
    If he had nor made such a silly remark I don't think there would have been any complaint in the first place, people would have just accepted the vaccination roll out takes time.
    I'm afraid not, some people have been looking for any opportunity to criticize the Welsh government, you only have to see how quickly people have pivoted from complaining about the numbers and the roll out if the vaccine to now questioning why the economy isn't opening up yet.

you can say the same about people criticising the Tory government too, although most people are happy to acknowledge they at least got the vaccines right

Nope, no one joining me in eating humble pie yet, just a marked reluctance to give the WAG any credit it seems.
    Your buddy has done well, think the real work was done behind the scenes mind

It is noticeable, even on this MB, which is generally fair minded, very little credit is being given to WG.
    I realise I am biased, but I dont think it unreasonable to say that Mark Drakeford has made a very good impression over the last 12 months, speaking with clarity and purpose (which is more than can be said for BJ), yet the one occasion when he slipped up- I think he was trying to be too honest- everyone jumps on him.
    For years of being criticised by Westminster over Welsh NHS it is great to see things going right for a change. The simple matter is Wales NHS has been starved of funds by Westminster for years, but this time money has been no object so the WG and NHS has been able to do the job properly without having one hand tied behind it's back.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    It is noticeable, even on this MB, which is generally fair minded, very little credit is being given to WG.
    I realise I am biased, but I dont think it unreasonable to say that Mark Drakeford has made a very good impression over the last 12 months, speaking with clarity and purpose (which is more than can be said for BJ), yet the one occasion when he slipped up- I think he was trying to be too honest- everyone jumps on him.
    For years of being criticised by Westminster over Welsh NHS it is great to see things going right for a change. The simple matter is Wales NHS has been starved of funds by Westminster for years, but this time money has been no object so the WG and NHS has been able to do the job properly without having one hand tied behind it's back.
    +1