+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: How Many Vaccines In Wales Today ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: How Many Vaccines In Wales Today ?

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    It is noticeable, even on this MB, which is generally fair minded, very little credit is being given to WG.
    I realise I am biased, but I dont think it unreasonable to say that Mark Drakeford has made a very good impression over the last 12 months, speaking with clarity and purpose (which is more than can be said for BJ), yet the one occasion when he slipped up- I think he was trying to be too honest- everyone jumps on him.
    For years of being criticised by Westminster over Welsh NHS it is great to see things going right for a change. The simple matter is Wales NHS has been starved of funds by Westminster for years, but this time money has been no object so the WG and NHS has been able to do the job properly without having one hand tied behind it's back.
    Nobody hates the Welsh more than the Welsh, some people will take any chance to complain about the "gravy train" in Cardiff Bay, but remain remarkably silent on the Westminster government handing out contract to their mates

Bit of a concern that new cases rose to over six hundred, but there were more tests than what has become the norm and the rate of infection was still less than one in ten. Vaccines figure is up to 716,000 which I think means that there were a higher than usual amount done yesterday, while twenty five deaths is in line with the downward trend of this week.

https://public.tableau.com/profile/p...eadlinesummary

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Bit of a concern that new cases rose to over six hundred, but there were more tests than what has become the norm and the rate of infection was still less than one in ten. Vaccines figure is up to 716,000 which I think means that there were a higher than usual amount done yesterday, while twenty five deaths is in line with the downward trend of this week.

I think there was a bit of catching up with test results, as the 600 odd were spread over a few days. I find it more useful to look at the graph of cases as the daily figure bounces around a lot.

Just short of 750,000 now.

Rate per 100,000 is 99.

Look, you lot.....you spend your time swanning around Wales (or at least very localised parts of it) and harping on about the rate of vaccinations and that you haven't been seen to yet (Ooh er missus). On the other hand, I had a video Skype call on Thursday from a German friend of mine who is 67 next birthday. Having parked all his teeth in a receptacle of some description he gave me a very gummy call and stated that a jab is not yet on the horizon for him.

Bask in the only thing that seems to have gone right to some degree in recent times, I say!

It's all downhill after this.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Look, you lot.....you spend your time swanning around Wales (or at least very localised parts of it) and harping on about the rate of vaccinations and that you haven't been seen to yet (Ooh er missus). On the other hand, I had a video Skype call on Thursday from a German friend of mine who is 67 next birthday. Having parked all his teeth in a receptacle of some description he gave me a very gummy call and stated that a jab is not yet on the horizon for him.

Bask in the only thing that seems to have gone right to some degree in recent times, I say!

It's all downhill after this.
    Is 'bask' your word of the week?

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Is 'bask' your word of the week?
    Try Basque instead

International

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    Try Basque instead
    What?

International

I was reading the newspapers just now and it seems the statisticians predict that hosptalisations will halve in the next month. That cannot be bad!!! That is UK wide, not just Wales.

RCT doing teachers this weekend if they teach SEN kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    RCT doing teachers this weekend if they teach SEN kids.
    Great news if I could influence one thing about vaccinations it would be around schools .

I can see at first hand how tough things are becoming for young children , there natural growth and learning instincts are being blunted from education through to natural social interactions , making friends , the joy of playing , and sporting activities .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Great news if I could influence one thing about vaccinations it would be around schools .

I can see at first hand how tough things are becoming for young children , there natural growth and learning instincts are being blunted from education through to natural social interactions , making friends , the joy of playing , and sporting activities .
    Bang on there....no team sport for almost a year will have some impact

Heard lots of cancellations in splott today, maybe the weather putting the oldies off? Random people getting a call like my neighbour who is 59.....

Down at Splott now, lots getting vaccinated this evening by the look of it.

Another set of good figures for Wales;-

I'm not sure if it pertains to those in Wales but anyone who is 65 and over can book their own appointment right now on the NHS website. My friend told me about it this morning and I went online and booked an appointment tomorrow morning!

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I'm not sure if it pertains to those in Wales but anyone who is 65 and over can book their own appointment right now on the NHS website. My friend told me about it this morning and I went online and booked an appointment tomorrow morning!
    Not heard anything to that effect in Wales, I thought we were supposed to wait until they got in touch with us?

Not heard anything to that effect in Wales, I thought we were supposed to wait until they got in touch with us?
    No my mate has had hid done today at the Star centre Tremorfa,he just phoned on Thursday had an appointment today he is 62.
    the phone number is02921 841234

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    No my mate has had hid done today at the Star centre Tremorfa,he just phoned on Thursday had an appointment today he is 62.
    the phone number is02921 841234
    Have they opened the Star up just as a vaccine centre? I'm sure it was all closed up previously.

I thought the same until this morning. The notifications are being sent out this week and next but you can book via this page (in England at least):
    https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/corona...s-vaccination/

There's no online solution for Wales yet only processes to ask them to contact you (if you are in the top 4 groups and haven't had an appointment).

International

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    There's no online solution for Wales yet only processes to ask them to contact you (if you are in the top 4 groups and haven't had an appointment).
    Not according to some of the ITK people on here.

International

I have now got my appointment, next Wednesday in Pentwyn, but had a very surreal conversation to get it.
    I called the number advised here and after 20 minutes of hearing, "You are in a queue, time to an answer is 9 seconds" I spoke to someone.
    I gave my name and asked him about getting the jab as I'm over 70 and the WG had said everyone over 70 had been offered one.
    He asked me if I had received a letter, email or text. When I told him no he said, "Well where did you get this number from?" like I'd hacked it or something.
    The he asked me my date of birth. He couldn't find me so asked for my address.
    Then he asked me my date of birth. He still couldn't find me so asked me to confirm my post code.
    Then he asked me my date of birth. Then he asked me my surname and said he had no one of that name registered. I told him I had 4 brothers and a sister all waiting for a jab.
    Then he asked me my date of birth. He asked me for my sister's details and I gave them to him. (She is almost 83) He said he had no record of her.
    Then he asked me my date of birth. Then he asked me for the details of one of my brothers. I gave him them. (That brother is 74) He said he had no record of him.
    Then he asked me my date of birth. The he asked me to spell my name.
    Then he found me. Magic!!
    I got the impression he kept asking me my date of birth because he didn't believe my age and thought I'd slip up and change the dates.

I can't wait to find out what they ask me next wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I have now got my appointment, next Wednesday in Pentwyn, but had a very surreal conversation to get it.
    I called the number advised here and after 20 minutes of hearing, "You are in a queue, time to an answer is 9 seconds" I spoke to someone.
    I gave my name and asked him about getting the jab as I'm over 70 and the WG had said everyone over 70 had been offered one.
    He asked me if I had received a letter, email or text. When I told him no he said, "Well where did you get this number from?" like I'd hacked it or something.
    The he asked me my date of birth. He couldn't find me so asked for my address.
    Then he asked me my date of birth. He still couldn't find me so asked me to confirm my post code.
    Then he asked me my date of birth. Then he asked me my surname and said he had no one of that name registered. I told him I had 4 brothers and a sister all waiting for a jab.
    Then he asked me my date of birth. He asked me for my sister's details and I gave them to him. (She is almost 83) He said he had no record of her.
    Then he asked me my date of birth. Then he asked me for the details of one of my brothers. I gave him them. (That brother is 74) He said he had no record of him.
    Then he asked me my date of birth. The he asked me to spell my name.
    Then he found me. Magic!!
    I got the impression he kept asking me my date of birth because he didn't believe my age and thought I'd slip up and change the dates.

I can't wait to find out what they ask me next wednesday.
    Never had that at all ,straight questions no probs

International

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Never had that at all ,straight questions no probs
    You must have sounded older than me