+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: How Many Vaccines In Wales Today ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: How Many Vaccines In Wales Today ?

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    "There would be no point and certainly it would be logistically damaging to rescue all the people from the burning building as quickly as possible and have our firemen standing around with nothing to do."

This is Drakeford's logic. It's insane.
    maybe it has to do with the availability of the second dose, after all that's supposed to be given within 3weeks according to the trials.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    maybe it has to do with the availability of the second dose, after all that's supposed to be given within 3weeks according to the trials.
    That would mean we're ignoring the JCVI guidance, which was endorsed by the CMOs of all four countries in the UK.

That would mean we're ignoring the JCVI guidance, which was endorsed by the CMOs of all four countries in the UK.
    But not endorsed by the manufacturer or being followed by ANY other countries

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    But not endorsed by the manufacturer or being followed by ANY other countries
    Do you think that is the reason for the delays? Why doesn't Drakeford say so?

Do you think that is the reason for the delays? Why doesn't Drakeford say so?
    no idea

If Drakeford's comments were intended to clarify the matter, then I think it safe to say they haven't done so. I can't get my head around how it can be that elderly, frail and worried people should be made to wait longer for something that would make them feel far more reassured than they are now because doing that would mean that there would be "vaccinators standing around with nothing to do" - talk about wrong priorities!

For all I know, there may be valid reasons for the WAG's approach, but they are certainly making a terrible job of explaining them - just as with his "this is not a race" remark, the first Minister has spoken in a most unfortunate manner which does not help his cause at all.

What a clown Drakeford is. He opts to put vulnerable people's lives at risk just to keep others gainfully employed. Who the hell does he think he is ?

The focus elsewhere I believe is to use up the vaccine as soon as you get it not leave it stockpiled on a shelf.

It's about time this idiot was voted out out of office as soon as possible. If it weren't for Covid restrictions, I could see there being large-scale demonstrations outside the Assembly building.

As you can tell, I am not a happy chappie !!

He needs to go. APOLOGIES JUST SEEN THIS POSTED ABOVE

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-55704017

Don't want them standing around doing nothing?

What is that all about? Laughable.

I don't see how it's not a race either, not against England, Scotland, wherever but it must be against the virus? Surely it has to be. If there are jabs there then use them yesterday. Don't get the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    I have hesitated to be overly critical of any of the home leaders during this crisis though I do not see that any of them have been outstanding.

But unless I am missing something Drakeford is being really stupid here.

If Boris or Matt Hancock said this they would be crucified by the Media and Twitterati (and this messageboard)
    Totally agree with you Elwood. Like you I have not been over critical of any of the leaders as they've had a devil of a job to do in these trying times. But Drakeford has made himself look like the village idiot with this policy and the sooner he's kicked out the better.

Talk Radio found it incredulous and their expert also can't understand Drakeford's logic.

Mark “it’s not a sprint” Drakeford’s decision to deliberately delay protecting high risk individuals because he doesn’t want “vaccinators standing around with nothing to do" amounts to negligence. Hopefully the protests that have followed his remarks result in an urgent U-turn.

It appears politicians, the media and the medical establishment have decided they can no longer pretend they have confidence in the First Minister’s ability to roll out the mass vaccination programme in Wales. I am relieved people are now starting to hold him to account.

About standing still, one of the first rules of employment, "NEVER STAND STILL", there's always a brush to use.

PS:------ yes stand still, if you're on the pointy end of a knife throwing act

International

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    About standing still, one of the first rules of employment, "NEVER STAND STILL", there's always a brush to use.

PS:------ yes stand still, if you're on the pointy end of a knife throwing act
    Yeah, always "appear" to be doing something?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-55715903

Wales' health minister has insisted there is an "increasing urgency and an increasing pace of delivery" of vaccinations in the country.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-55715903

Wales' health minister has insisted there is an "increasing urgency and an increasing pace of delivery" of vaccinations in the country.
    Drakeford's comments from yesterday have been "clarified" - still baffled as to what he meant.

Not sure it's the NHS that are the source of concern about letting people down, more the politicians.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Drakeford's comments from yesterday have been "clarified" - still baffled as to what he meant.

Not sure it's the NHS that are the source of concern about letting people down, more the politicians.
    I think its something like rushing it out will lead to more of the vaccines being wasted or something

Both the UK and Welsh governments urgently need better PR people, the communication throughout has been abysmal.

There has evidently been a policy u-turn since Drakeford’s car crash interview. Welsh Ministers have been falling over themselves to try to convince the people of Wales they understand time is of the essence and that vaccines belong in the arms of high risk individuals and not left lying on a shelf so vaccinators have got something to do in a couple of weeks time.

But who was advising Drakeford when he came up with such a crackpot policy? Where were Public Health Wales, NHS Wales and the Chief Medical Officer? Baffling and deeply concerning.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    The one thing about Drakeford is that his language is very clear I may be wrong but I heard he read Latin at University and possibly taught it (think I made the second bit up) and I think he speaks with real clarity as a result.

He knows what he's saying and I suspect there is a lot more behind the scenes that messageboard users are not privy to.
    A one dimension attitude to a lot of things pre or post Covid , very little challenge comes his way which is unhealthy.

Bit of a potted history

https://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/news/17281558.everything-need-know-mark-drakeford/

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-55750297

Just under a quarter of over 80s in Wales have been given their first dose of coronavirus vaccine, according to figures from Public Health Wales.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-55750297

Just under a quarter of over 80s in Wales have been given their first dose of coronavirus vaccine, according to figures from Public Health Wales.
    Vaughan Gething said in his TV update yesterday that 70% of over 80's would be vaccinated by the weekend. He better get a move on

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    Vaughan Gething said in his TV update yesterday that 70% of over 80's would be vaccinated by the weekend. He better get a move on
    Drakeford's idea that he didn't want vaccinators being idle coming home to roost eh! Wales will surely slip further behind the other nations and he will be found out.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Drakeford's idea that he didn't want vaccinators being idle coming home to roost eh! Wales will surely slip further behind the other nations and he will be found out.
    For sure...and we've done hardly any 2nd jabs, much less than any of the other home nations.