+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: How Many Vaccines In Wales Today ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: How Many Vaccines In Wales Today ?

About 14,000 cases today to be added to this story featuring yesterday's figures, so Wales has dropped further behind its target.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...virus-19663725

Yay, my mum (85 in a few weeks time) got hers yesterday. This is West Wales. Does smack of some ad hoc planning as people were being 'phoned in the morning to come by the surgery in the afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjoe View Post
    Yay, my mum (85 in a few weeks time) got hers yesterday. This is West Wales. Does smack of some ad hoc planning as people were being 'phoned in the morning to come by the surgery in the afternoon.
    Is that because of the adhoc delivery of the vaccines to GP practices?
    Yesterday my own gp said they had received another 100 vaccines and will be contacting patients accordingly. I think now that all GPs are now vaccinating which will help speed up the process (as long as they receive the vaccines in a timely fashion)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-55750297

The health minister has been accused of "misleading" people after claiming the majority of over 80s had been vaccinated against Covid-19.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-55750297

The health minister has been accused of "misleading" people after claiming the majority of over 80s had been vaccinated against Covid-19.

I had to turn the tele off, otherwise I would have kicked the F ucker in. The lying toad.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    I had to turn the tele off, otherwise I would have kicked the F ucker in. The lying toad.
    Well my 88 year old mother is still waiting in Birchgrove, she can see the surgery from her flat window too.....

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Well my 88 year old mother is still waiting in Birchgrove, she can see the surgery from her flat window too.....

We had to contact the Thornhill surgery to get our 94 year old neighbour an appointment.

They were oblivious of her being a patient.

We had to contact the Thornhill surgery to get our 94 year old neighbour an appointment.

They were oblivious of her being a patient.
    She’s rung twice already....I told her to keep nagging them

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    crazy

People re soon going to lose complete faith in anything he says if they keep lying about whose been vaccinated

I wish they'd give a daily figure for vaccinations rather than a running total, but I think it may be 22,000 today which would be a step in the right direction. Unfortunately, deaths are still high with sixty seven, but, for the first time in a while, the new cases figure is below a thousand and, the Gwent valleys apart, all of the south Wales regions are down below a hundred.

https://public.tableau.com/profile/p...eadlinesummary

I don't think that the rate of vaccination is the same for all areas.
    I'm 74 and live in the Bridgend area. I have no underlying health conditions and I'm having my jab on Wednesday of next week.
    The only reason I can think that I've been contacted is that I spent a few days in Hospital early in the year for a fairly minor problem.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    That article gives a very good explanation into why the figures are different and what approaches Wales is taking to ensure everyone is seen. Obviously hands were tied by the requirements regarding the Pfizer Vaccine but things look to be moving in the right direction.

Over 20,000 vaccinations in Wales again, new cases up above a thousand again though and 27 deaths;-

Over 20,000 vaccinations in Wales again, new cases up above a thousand again though and 27 deaths;-

28000 vaccines yesterday, 23k day before. Certainly ramping up to meet promises, despite doubters on here.
    Cases up a bit on yesterday, but overall still coming down, so fingers crossed. Death rate is still too high. I speculate that much of that is due to the levels of poverty and deprivation in the valleys.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    28000 vaccines yesterday, 23k day before. Certainly ramping up to meet promises, despite doubters on here.
    At this rate the 80+; and care home residents and workers should easily be completed by mid Feb.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    At this rate the 80+; and care home residents and workers should easily be completed by mid Feb.
    Thw only problem with that woud be that they promised that by then everyone 70 and older plus those with underlyinghealth conditions would be done.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Thw only problem with that woud be that they promised that by then everyone 70 and older plus those with underlyinghealth conditions would be done.
    And they will be if the rate for the last two days is maintained according to the BBC link I posted this morning.

Cases up a bit on yesterday, but overall still coming down, so fingers crossed. Death rate is still too high. I speculate that much of that is due to the levels of poverty and deprivation in the valleys.

I don’t believe a word of how many vaccinations they say now

Agreed. The BBC article I posted this morning said that if they could match the 23,000 figure every day they would be able to meet the mid February target which would lead to some on here having to eat some humble pie for what they've been saying recently - I'm one of those people and I will be very pleased to do so if the rates for the last two days can be maintained.

Agreed. The BBC article I posted this morning said that if they could match the 23,000 figure every day they would be able to meet the mid February target which would lead to some on here having to eat some humble pie for what they've been saying recently - I'm one of those people and I will be very pleased to do so if the rates for the last two days can be maintained.
    I'd love to see a breakdown of those 28000.

Bet the vast majority were to health care workers who should be a lot easier to get to and vaccinate en masse than the elderly.

Bet the vast majority were to health care workers who should be a lot easier to get to and vaccinate en masse than the elderly.
    Found it. Interesting that we are possibly on a par with England considering the four day lag in our reporting.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-55758774

Found it. Interesting that we are possibly on a par with England considering the four day lag in our reporting.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-55758774
    Bollocks 70% of over 80’s by the end of the weekend.....

Mate of mine was relocated to the new grange hospital in a covid ward so had his jab a few weeks ago, he was amazed to find out that office staff who never go anywhere near the wards had already secured there’s.....farcical just like boris’ dad already managed to get not only his first jab, but 2nd too.....lovely stuff to hear that