+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: How Many Vaccines In Wales Today ?

Re: How Many Vaccines In Wales Today ?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    We had to contact the Thornhill surgery to get our 94 year old neighbour an appointment.

They were oblivious of her being a patient.
    Good on you BT for looking out for your neighbour. There will, I guess, always be some who slip through the net.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    28000 vaccines yesterday, 23k day before. Certainly ramping up to meet promises, despite doubters on here.
    At this rate the 80+; and care home residents and workers should easily be completed by mid Feb.

28000 vaccines yesterday, 23k day before. Certainly ramping up to meet promises, despite doubters on here.
    Cases up a bit on yesterday, but overall still coming down, so fingers crossed. Death rate is still too high. I speculate that much of that is due to the levels of poverty and deprivation in the valleys.

I don’t believe a word of how many vaccinations they say now

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    We had to contact the Thornhill surgery to get our 94 year old neighbour an appointment.

They were oblivious of her being a patient.
    She’s rung twice already....I told her to keep nagging them

Cases up a bit on yesterday, but overall still coming down, so fingers crossed. Death rate is still too high. I speculate that much of that is due to the levels of poverty and deprivation in the valleys.
    Agreed. The BBC article I posted this morning said that if they could match the 23,000 figure every day they would be able to meet the mid February target which would lead to some on here having to eat some humble pie for what they've been saying recently - I'm one of those people and I will be very pleased to do so if the rates for the last two days can be maintained.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Agreed. The BBC article I posted this morning said that if they could match the 23,000 figure every day they would be able to meet the mid February target which would lead to some on here having to eat some humble pie for what they've been saying recently - I'm one of those people and I will be very pleased to do so if the rates for the last two days can be maintained.
    I'd love to see a breakdown of those 28000.

Bet the vast majority were to health care workers who should be a lot easier to get to and vaccinate en masse than the elderly.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post

Bet the vast majority were to health care workers who should be a lot easier to get to and vaccinate en masse than the elderly.
    Found it. Interesting that we are possibly on a par with England considering the four day lag in our reporting.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-55758774

I'm amazed there hasn't been a drive in the last year to ensure patient details are accurate and up to date.

That article gives a very good explanation into why the figures are different and what approaches Wales is taking to ensure everyone is seen. Obviously hands were tied by the requirements regarding the Pfizer Vaccine but things look to be moving in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Well my 88 year old mother is still waiting in Birchgrove, she can see the surgery from her flat window too.....
    crazy

Mate of mine was relocated to the new grange hospital in a covid ward so had his jab a few weeks ago, he was amazed to find out that office staff who never go anywhere near the wards had already secured there’s.....farcical just like boris’ dad already managed to get not only his first jab, but 2nd too.....lovely stuff to hear that

Found it. Interesting that we are possibly on a par with England considering the four day lag in our reporting.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-55758774
    Bollocks 70% of over 80’s by the end of the weekend.....

International

At this rate the 80+; and care home residents and workers should easily be completed by mid Feb.
    Thw only problem with that woud be that they promised that by then everyone 70 and older plus those with underlyinghealth conditions would be done.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Thw only problem with that woud be that they promised that by then everyone 70 and older plus those with underlyinghealth conditions would be done.
    And they will be if the rate for the last two days is maintained according to the BBC link I posted this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Had a kick up the arse and Drakeford needs room to recover after his stupid comments, see with a bit of effort we can get things done quicker, to protect lives .

And they will be if the rate for the last two days is maintained according to the BBC link I posted this morning.
    Yes Bob. I sense a real ramping up last couple of days after a sluggish start and I am pretty sure they will come close to hitting targets. Which will disappoint some on here.
    I am prepared to eat humble pie if I am wrong

Yes Bob. I sense a real ramping up last couple of days after a sluggish start and I am pretty sure they will come close to hitting targets. Which will disappoint some on here.
    I am prepared to eat humble pie if I am wrong
    I won’t be disappointed if they hit the targets I will be delighted. My issue is the ****wittery of their public announcements.

I've been told tonight by a local GP that Cwm Taf Morgannwg(Bridgend area) are contacting the over 70's for their vaccinations. As I mentioned earlier I'm 74 and I will be receiving my first vaccination next Wednesday.
    It seems bloody unfair that some over 80's in other areas haven't been contacted yet!

Mate of mine was relocated to the new grange hospital in a covid ward so had his jab a few weeks ago, he was amazed to find out that office staff who never go anywhere near the wards had already secured there’s.....farcical just like boris’ dad already managed to get not only his first jab, but 2nd too.....lovely stuff to hear that
    I doubt those people are jumping the queue.

It makes sense to get all NHS employees vaccinated asap as it the place that keeps us alive when we fall ill.

I guess they will have done so many is that the staff are a captive audience.

It's the same in England. Office staff, dealing with pensions and other non medical issues, who are in completely different buildings to the hospital seem to have had their jabs.

I doubt those people are jumping the queue.

It makes sense to get all NHS employees vaccinated asap as it the place that keeps us alive when we fall ill.

I guess they will have done so many is that the staff are a captive audience.
    Before nurses who work on wards??

6pm last night there was still a lot of people waiting outside Cwmbran stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    It's the same in England. Office staff, dealing with pensions and other non medical issues, who are in completely different buildings to the hospital seem to have had their jabs.
    I really hope this doesn’t turn out to be true. The JCVI set out the priority list based on the clinical risk of infection, not as a perk of the job. It is immoral for any non-frontline NHS employee to make an appointment to receive the vaccine at this time.

Before nurses who work on wards??
    Ideally no but maybe the logistics made it happen days apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Delbert View Post
    I really hope this doesn’t turn out to be true. The JCVI set out the priority list based on the clinical risk of infection, not as a perk of the job. It is immoral for any non-frontline NHS employee to make an appointment to receive the vaccine at this time.
    Be aware office staff are also covering or in reserve to cover front line duties...they are not getting vaccinated as a rule (yet)