+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: How Many Vaccines In Wales Today ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: How Many Vaccines In Wales Today ?

Quote Originally Posted by bluesp View Post
    Had an email from the nursing home my 88 year old mother is in, Cardiff, to let me know her first jab is happening tomorrow. Bit of good news
    best news for you I guess after Mick appointment , its been quite a week for you

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    best news for you I guess after Mick appointment , its been quite a week for you
    Ha ha something like that yes. Hoping MM turns things around and makes every week a good week

25000 jabs yesterday . Well on course to hit mid Feb targets.
    Well done Wales NHS

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Another twenty four thousand vaccinations in Wales in today's figures and only 796 new cases - once again, apart from the Gwent valleys, all south Wales regions are under a hundred. Given that it's a weekend, the deaths figure of forty four remains high though.

https://public.tableau.com/profile/p...eadlinesummary
    Yes, Bob, better news on the jabs and infection rates. Things are moving in the right direction.

Death rates are still high and it is a massive concern. I assume it's in part due to the new, more aggressive variant, but is it linked to pockets of deprivation, poor housing, lifestyle particularly up the Valleys? I guess it will come out in the wash eventually.

My 84 year old auntie got her first jab (Oxford AZ) on Friday - but only because her 82 year old neighbour who uses the same surgery in Ely was given an appointment and she relies on my auntie to drive her there. So she asked them to see where my auntie was on the list so that they could be done at the same time.

But my auntie wasn't on the list - even though she is registered with the surgery and goes regularly for bloods and flu jabs. All turned out well in the end but she is the third elderly relative I know about who was missing from a GP list (the other two in England).

International

They said a couple of days ago that they are going to start calling in 70 year olds. I'm almost 71 and I am the youngest of 6. 2 have had to isolate because of other health problems. None of us has had an invitation to go and be vaccinated. The oldest, my sister, is almost 83 and lives with someone with chronic illness, also not vaccinated.

But I did get a letter the other day to inform me that I would be getting a letter to inform me that I can make an appointment, at some time in the future. so that's alright then.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    They said a couple of days ago that they are going to start calling in 70 year olds. I'm almost 71 and I am the youngest of 6. 2 have had to isolate because of other health problems. None of us has had an invitation to go and be vaccinated. The oldest, my sister, is almost 83 and lives with someone with chronic illness, also not vaccinated.

But I did get a letter the other day to inform me that I would be getting a letter to inform me that I can make an appointment, at some time in the future. so that's alright then.
    And I thought I was the only one to get the letter saying I would be getting a letter to say that I would be notified by letter for an appointment sometime in the next millennium.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    And I thought I was the only one to get the letter saying I would be getting a letter to say that I would be notified by letter for an appointment sometime in the next millennium.
    That's the one. It gave me a real feeling of being cared for to know that they knew I exist. I will treasure mine.

That's the one. It gave me a real feeling of being cared for to know that they knew I exist. I will treasure mine.

You are lucky mine was addressed to The Occupier!

According to the tossers down the bay, "computers don't work on the weekend", so they can't verify numbers.

Bollox they are starting on 70 year olds....they still haven’t done my 88 year old mother the useless phucks

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Bollox they are starting on 70 year olds....they still haven’t done my 88 year old mother the useless phucks
    Surely as they come towards the end of vaccinating the over 80's they have to start the programme of vaccinating other tranches in order to avoid vaccine wastage.

But they still have a while until they fail to meet their target of getting all the first cohort completed.

So until they go past that date, sit back, stay safe and wait for the call.

Some of the quotes in this thread make me despair - you have no idea what work they are putting I'm and what they are up against.

International

Quote Originally Posted by I'll give you the Malky!! View Post
    Some of the quotes in this thread make me despair - you have no idea what work they are putting I'm and what they are up against.
    Yeah we do. The virus and the clock!!

Quote Originally Posted by I'll give you the Malky!! View Post
    You almost make out as if its easy to vaccinate an entire country against a virus previously unknown, with fluctuating vaccine supplies in a matter of months.

I mean is it really too much to ask that everyone and his mother is number one in the queue.

Maybe check she's not on the district nurse list - my 92 year old Mum was on the wrong list but was vaccinated within a couple of days once she was put back on the right, I presume surgery, list.

Your 71!! I had yiu down for a chopsy 33 year old I’m a good judge eh

International

Your 71!! I had yiu down for a chopsy 33 year old I’m a good judge eh
    I'm just a very old chopsy 33 yr old. amended . doh!

Do people think this just all going to happen over night? Have some patience and stop moaning you ****ing miserable old bastards.

Only four thousand vaccinations yesterday which has more than undone the good work of the previous three days - hopefully, it's just a one off though. New cases under a thousand again;-

Only four thousand vaccinations yesterday which has more than undone the good work of the previous three days - hopefully, it's just a one off though. New cases under a thousand again;-

Centres were closed yesterday due to the weather.

I walked past a centre on Saturday, there were 3 people in hi-vis vests managing the barricades but there was absolutely no one queuing to get in.

International

I was in Merthyr yesterday morning and the vulture camera crews were waiting outside the closed Vaccination centre. I spoke to the lead from the test centre opposite and the only reason anyone could think of was they were waiting for someone to turn up for a vaccination so they could interview them to show how the Welsh Government or the NHS were letting people down. Sad for them no one turned up.
    It really gets up my nose how they leech onto bad news.
    They did the same in Abercynon when they had to turn people away because they ran out of test kits. They failed to report that the centre had done over 1100 tests in 12 hours, more than any other test centre in the UK, and were waiting for an unexpected resupply.

Someone had to make the decision to open or close very early in the day so old people were going out in the snow for nothing and there was time to get it on the news and tell people. Who ever had to make the decision was in a no-win situation. If they had opened and an old lady had slipped and broken bher hip going for a jab that would have been wrong too.

They make me sick.

I was in Merthyr yesterday morning and the vulture camera crews were waiting outside the closed Vaccination centre. I spoke to the lead from the test centre opposite and the only reason anyone could think of was they were waiting for someone to turn up for a vaccination so they could interview them to show how the Welsh Government or the NHS were letting people down. Sad for them no one turned up.
    It really gets up my nose how they leech onto bad news.
    They did the same in Abercynon when they had to turn people away because they ran out of test kits. They failed to report that the centre had done over 1100 tests in 12 hours, more than any other test centre in the UK, and were waiting for an unexpected resupply.

Someone had to make the decision to open or close very early in the day so old people were going out in the snow for nothing and there was time to get it on the news and tell people. Who ever had to make the decision was in a no-win situation. If they had opened and an old lady had slipped and broken bher hip going for a jab that would have been wrong too.

They make me sick.
    Thank you Gethyn

International

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    Thank you Gethyn
    What's that supposed to mean?