+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: How Many Vaccines In Wales Today ?

Re: How Many Vaccines In Wales Today ?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    That's the one. It gave me a real feeling of being cared for to know that they knew I exist. I will treasure mine.

You are lucky mine was addressed to The Occupier!

According to the tossers down the bay, "computers don't work on the weekend", so they can't verify numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I take it that report was written by Drakeford Gething.

Anecdotal ,and all Cardiff based, but all of my family\friends who either work in healthcare or are over 85 have had their first jabs now and a person on the shielding list for a serious underlying condition has got one scheduled at the end of this week.
    Has been a lot quicker than expected for all of those.

They said a couple of days ago that they are going to start calling in 70 year olds. I'm almost 71 and I am the youngest of 6. 2 have had to isolate because of other health problems. None of us has had an invitation to go and be vaccinated. The oldest, my sister, is almost 83 and lives with someone with chronic illness, also not vaccinated.

But I did get a letter the other day to inform me that I would be getting a letter to inform me that I can make an appointment, at some time in the future. so that's alright then.
    Bollox they are starting on 70 year olds....they still haven’t done my 88 year old mother the useless phucks

They said a couple of days ago that they are going to start calling in 70 year olds. I'm almost 71 and I am the youngest of 6. 2 have had to isolate because of other health problems. None of us has had an invitation to go and be vaccinated. The oldest, my sister, is almost 83 and lives with someone with chronic illness, also not vaccinated.

But I did get a letter the other day to inform me that I would be getting a letter to inform me that I can make an appointment, at some time in the future. so that's alright then.

Your 71!! I had yiu down for a chopsy 33 year old I’m a good judge eh

My mother and my father in law both booked in for next week

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Bollox they are starting on 70 year olds....they still haven’t done my 88 year old mother the useless phucks
    Surely as they come towards the end of vaccinating the over 80's they have to start the programme of vaccinating other tranches in order to avoid vaccine wastage.

Every person I know in the 1st group have had their vaccinations.

Interesting to see when the next get called. My parents are in their 70s so should be by mid Feb.

Good upward trajectory in those figure which shows Wales is moving in the right direction, even the Welsh Tories were complimentary, considering the over 80s are possibly the hardest group to reach as a significant number will rely on District Nurses and GP Home Visits for their vaccine. As younger age groups start to get appointments the rate of vaccinations should improve.

However there will be a natural slowing of the first jabs as second jabs become due for the early adopters unless there is another increase in vaccination capacity and supply.

International

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Only four thousand vaccinations yesterday which has more than undone the good work of the previous three days - hopefully, it's just a one off though. New cases under a thousand again;-

https://public.tableau.com/profile/p...eadlinesummary
    I was in Merthyr yesterday morning and the vulture camera crews were waiting outside the closed Vaccination centre. I spoke to the lead from the test centre opposite and the only reason anyone could think of was they were waiting for someone to turn up for a vaccination so they could interview them to show how the Welsh Government or the NHS were letting people down. Sad for them no one turned up.
    It really gets up my nose how they leech onto bad news.
    They did the same in Abercynon when they had to turn people away because they ran out of test kits. They failed to report that the centre had done over 1100 tests in 12 hours, more than any other test centre in the UK, and were waiting for an unexpected resupply.

Someone had to make the decision to open or close very early in the day so old people were going out in the snow for nothing and there was time to get it on the news and tell people. Who ever had to make the decision was in a no-win situation. If they had opened and an old lady had slipped and broken bher hip going for a jab that would have been wrong too.

They make me sick.

But they still have a while until they fail to meet their target of getting all the first cohort completed.

So until they go past that date, sit back, stay safe and wait for the call.

Some of the quotes in this thread make me despair - you have no idea what work they are putting I'm and what they are up against.

International

Your 71!! I had yiu down for a chopsy 33 year old I’m a good judge eh
    I'm just a very old chopsy 33 yr old. amended . doh!

International

Quote Originally Posted by I'll give you the Malky!! View Post
    Some of the quotes in this thread make me despair - you have no idea what work they are putting I'm and what they are up against.
    Yeah we do. The virus and the clock!!

Quote Originally Posted by I'll give you the Malky!! View Post
    You almost make out as if its easy to vaccinate an entire country against a virus previously unknown, with fluctuating vaccine supplies in a matter of months.

I mean is it really too much to ask that everyone and his mother is number one in the queue.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Every person I know in the 1st group have had their vaccinations.

Interesting to see when the next get called. My parents are in their 70s so should be by mid Feb.
    Im similar age group to your parents. Yesterday a neighbour gave me a number to call for the Cardiff and Vale appointments centre. They were very efficient and wife and having first jab today at the Star Leisure Centre, Cardiff.

I read the other day that in Cardiff and Vale the 70 year olds and vulnerable are being vaccinated at the larger hubs (getting the Pfizer jab), whilst the older groups are being done at GPs (gettingthe Oxford version). Its easier to manage smaller batches at GP level and older people may have more transport issues getting to the hubs.
    That would explain why some 70 year olds are getting done. Just because one group hasn't been completed it shouldn't stop the roll out to younger groups.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

My sister, 70, lives in canton, was given a phone number last Sunday which she called and was given an appointment on Monday, the next day at Llandough. She’s had her jab.

Fk knows how this happened. It doesn’t give me any confidence in the system in as much as how on earth can phone numbers be passed around social groups to access a vaccination.

Good for her even so

Jabs 25000 yesterday.
    Infection rates coming down quickly
    Keep safe everyone

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    Im similar age group to your parents. Yesterday a neighbour gave me a number to call for the Cardiff and Vale appointments centre. They were very efficient and wife and having first jab today at the Star Leisure Centre, Cardiff.
    My in-laws did the same yesterday and they’re having their jabs this afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Jabs 25000 yesterday.
    Infection rates coming down quickly
    Keep safe everyone
    Yes, just 570 new cases and although it's clearly awful for the bereaved, only eight deaths, so something of a good news day by the standards of Covid.

Just had a call and have booked to have my first jab at Splott on Thursday. I'm 52 but in the extremely vulnerable group.
    Happy days.

New cases down again slightly to 537, the running total for vaccinations is now 312,305 which I think means not as big a rise as in recent days, snow permitting, but I might be wrong there. Forty eight deaths though which is way up from yesterday, but is a more realistic figure - it's probably going to be a week or two before the fall in new cases is reflected in the deaths figures.