+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: How Many Vaccines In Wales Today ?

Re: How Many Vaccines In Wales Today ?

Almost at the point of under 200 per 100000. S Wales I presume is already under. Anyone know the infection rate for the other 3 UK countries. Maybe we can have a significant decrease in restrictions by Easter if cases continue to fall and vaccination goes well.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    New cases down again slightly to 537, the running total for vaccinations is now 312,305 which I think means not as big a rise as in recent days, snow permitting, but I might be wrong there. Forty eight deaths though which is way up from yesterday, but is a more realistic figure - it's probably going to be a week or two before the fall in new cases is reflected in the deaths figures.

https://public.tableau.com/profile/p...eadlinesummary
    I was wrong about the vaccinations figure - up 22,749 on yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I was in Merthyr yesterday morning and the vulture camera crews were waiting outside the closed Vaccination centre. I spoke to the lead from the test centre opposite and the only reason anyone could think of was they were waiting for someone to turn up for a vaccination so they could interview them to show how the Welsh Government or the NHS were letting people down. Sad for them no one turned up.
    It really gets up my nose how they leech onto bad news.
    They did the same in Abercynon when they had to turn people away because they ran out of test kits. They failed to report that the centre had done over 1100 tests in 12 hours, more than any other test centre in the UK, and were waiting for an unexpected resupply.

Someone had to make the decision to open or close very early in the day so old people were going out in the snow for nothing and there was time to get it on the news and tell people. Who ever had to make the decision was in a no-win situation. If they had opened and an old lady had slipped and broken bher hip going for a jab that would have been wrong too.

They make me sick.
    Thank you Gethyn

I was wrong about the vaccinations figure - up 22,749 on yesterday.
    Wales definitely getting its act together despite the cynics:

https://twitter.com/GillibrandPeter/...184737793?s=19

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post

Seems they could hit the target of top 4 priority groups by mid feb.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Bollox they are starting on 70 year olds....they still haven’t done my 88 year old mother the useless phucks
    Maybe check she's not on the district nurse list - my 92 year old Mum was on the wrong list but was vaccinated within a couple of days once she was put back on the right, I presume surgery, list.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    Thank you Gethyn
    What's that supposed to mean?

Both my parents on their 70s getting their jabs in the surgery tomorrow.

Was going to check if anyone had posted that link and the tweets below it where more detail is given, including link to his previous tweet as seen here:

NEW: The numbers of first #COVID19 vaccines given out a day in Wales has hugely risen since the weekend.

#Wales is now *back on track* to vaccinate the top 4 priority groups by mid-February. 22,739 first jabs were given out yesterday - taking the total up to 312,305.

https://twitter.com/GillibrandPeter/...99177057447937

Just under 24,000 vaccinations in Wales yesterday, but a slight rise in new cases and deaths still very high;-

Just under 24,000 vaccinations in Wales yesterday, but a slight rise in new cases and deaths still very high;-

Numbers looking better but deaths very high. Cant quite understand why. Very sad.

Numbers looking better but deaths very high. Cant quite understand why. Very sad.
    Isn’t it a result of families who got together Christmas time? Quite a few oldies took a big risk? Was reading about one family in Derby I think it was, four of them have died in last few days after a brief meet up.

Talking to my GP's surgery it seem that they have made a change recently.

My wife is in the extremely vulnerable category as she had several lung infections in 2018 and 2019 and nearly passed away on two occasions (in November 2018 Intensive Care Doctors wouldn't ventilate her as they thought she wouldn't survive the night. She is still here!!). She very, very unlikely to survive Covid.

She is over 65 and I am now told cases such as hers are being done in the GP Surgery (She may need it at home because she is not well at present. The GP is coming out tomorrow to give her a check up and decide if she can have the vaccine at home.

As her main carer I am also entitle to a vaccination now but mine is to be done at the Mass Vaccination Centre in Splott. Cases like my wife would also have been until recently but our surgery said the rules were changed last week (not for the first time apparently).

Hopefully we will get ours done in some shape or form next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Talking to my GP's surgery it seem that they have made a change recently.

My wife is in the extremely vulnerable category as she had several lung infections in 2018 and 2019 and nearly passed away on two occasions (in November 2018 Intensive Care Doctors wouldn't ventilate her as they thought she wouldn't survive the night. She is still here!!). She very, very unlikely to survive Covid.

She is over 65 and I am now told cases such as hers are being done in the GP Surgery (She may need it at home because she is not well at present. The GP is coming out tomorrow to give her a check up and decide if she can have the vaccine at home.

As her main carer I am also entitle to a vaccination now but mine is to be done at the Mass Vaccination Centre in Splott. Cases like my wife would also have been until recently but our surgery said the rules were changed last week (not for the first time apparently).

Hopefully we will get ours done in some shape or form next week.
    I guess extremely vulnerable should get a home visit, makes sense maybe? Incredibly my 44 year old wife is getting the Pfizer jab tomorrow, before my 88 year old mother, who I’ve just found out today is in the home visit list.....

Wales have been very steady from the looks of that, why has there been so much whinging on here? Wales seem to have been more or less in line with England and Scotland other than one bad week.

My grandparents got their jabs yesterday which is a big relief. I know it isn't completely safe but it does seem to at least stop it being such a bad illness.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Thanks for posting that. It’s all about what things look like in mid February of course, but doubters from a fortnight or so ago, myself included, surely have to admit that Wales has recovered impressively from a poor start. What’s going on in Northern Ireland I wonder?

Slow and steady wins the race by the looks of it.
    Drakeford and Gethyn obviously had a plan to keep the Oxford vaccines for the GPs for the older groups, as it can be stored in smaller batches, and the Pfizer for the mass centres. It seems to be working and ticking over at a decent steady rate.
    An earlier lockdown than England seems to be benefiting the transmission rates aswell, so looks like schools will be able to open a bit earlier aswell.
    Just a shame that there's still plenty of idiots around who still think that getting their roots done or having a tan, is more important.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Wales have been very steady from the looks of that, why has there been so much whinging on here? Wales seem to have been more or less in line with England and Scotland other than one bad week.

My grandparents got their jabs yesterday which is a big relief. I know it isn't completely safe but it does seem to at least stop it being such a bad illness.
    I think what people were complaining about was Drakeford's crass remark about holding back the virus "so people aren't standing around with nothing to do" rather than the actual numbers being vaccinated. And there was such an uproar about the remark that the spotlight was put on numbers so it became a focal point of everyone's anxiety.

I still don't understand what he was saying there, that was a big cock up.

But the numbers look fine on that graph other than one dip, and people on here have definitely been whinging about it.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I still don't understand what he was saying there, that was a big cock up.

But the numbers look fine on that graph other than one dip, and people on here have definitely been whinging about it.
    I agree the number are OK. The whinging is like threads on here, they start about one thing and slowly morph into something else. Once people start interrogating the numbers (In this case as a result of his statement) they will pick up on any little shortfall or error. And that gets ,agnified out of all proportion to its importance. It's human nature.

That Tory boy in here yesterday called the roll out shambolic. Its not perfect , slow to start but far from shambolic.

I think it's around 26,000 vaccinations in Wales in today's figures - the total is 362,253. Deaths still high at twenty nine but well down on yesterday and, for the third day in four, new cases in the 500s, with only the Betsi Cadwaldr Bpard in North Wales being over a hundred.

26.2k doses administered yesterday
    seems to be rising each day.

Second jabs to commence in Wales from 22 February and there has been some minor relaxing of lockdown rules;-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-wales-55847927

'Don't exploit' lockdown rule changes, says Drakeford
    First Minister Mark Drakeford called on people in Wales not to "exploit" slight changes to lockdown rules, which include allowing two people from different households to exercise outdoors together.

He said it had prompted a "very lively debate" among ministers and chief advisors discussing the scope to relax the Level Four restrictions.

"There will be some people who once they can do one thing, want to push that, want to lean on the rules, game the system," he said.

"In the end, our conclusion was that, where we could, to make very minor easements but easements which can be very important to some people, we should do that.

"If you think this is an excuse to push the rules, to do more than is allowed, all you do is delay the day when we can lift other restrictions for us all.

"I've referred previously to small acts of selfishness, and it would be a small act of selfishness to try and exploit the very modest steps that we are able to provide today.

"When people do that, they let themselves down and they let other people down as well."