+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: How Many Vaccines In Wales Today ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: How Many Vaccines In Wales Today ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Thanks for posting that. It’s all about what things look like in mid February of course, but doubters from a fortnight or so ago, myself included, surely have to admit that Wales has recovered impressively from a poor start. What’s going on in Northern Ireland I wonder?

Wales have been very steady from the looks of that, why has there been so much whinging on here? Wales seem to have been more or less in line with England and Scotland other than one bad week.

My grandparents got their jabs yesterday which is a big relief. I know it isn't completely safe but it does seem to at least stop it being such a bad illness.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Wales have been very steady from the looks of that, why has there been so much whinging on here? Wales seem to have been more or less in line with England and Scotland other than one bad week.

My grandparents got their jabs yesterday which is a big relief. I know it isn't completely safe but it does seem to at least stop it being such a bad illness.
    I think what people were complaining about was Drakeford's crass remark about holding back the virus "so people aren't standing around with nothing to do" rather than the actual numbers being vaccinated. And there was such an uproar about the remark that the spotlight was put on numbers so it became a focal point of everyone's anxiety.

Slow and steady wins the race by the looks of it.
    Drakeford and Gethyn obviously had a plan to keep the Oxford vaccines for the GPs for the older groups, as it can be stored in smaller batches, and the Pfizer for the mass centres. It seems to be working and ticking over at a decent steady rate.
    An earlier lockdown than England seems to be benefiting the transmission rates aswell, so looks like schools will be able to open a bit earlier aswell.
    Just a shame that there's still plenty of idiots around who still think that getting their roots done or having a tan, is more important.

I still don't understand what he was saying there, that was a big cock up.

But the numbers look fine on that graph other than one dip, and people on here have definitely been whinging about it.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I still don't understand what he was saying there, that was a big cock up.

But the numbers look fine on that graph other than one dip, and people on here have definitely been whinging about it.
    I agree the number are OK. The whinging is like threads on here, they start about one thing and slowly morph into something else. Once people start interrogating the numbers (In this case as a result of his statement) they will pick up on any little shortfall or error. And that gets ,agnified out of all proportion to its importance. It's human nature.

That Tory boy in here yesterday called the roll out shambolic. Its not perfect , slow to start but far from shambolic.

I think it's around 26,000 vaccinations in Wales in today's figures - the total is 362,253. Deaths still high at twenty nine but well down on yesterday and, for the third day in four, new cases in the 500s, with only the Betsi Cadwaldr Bpard in North Wales being over a hundred.

https://public.tableau.com/profile/p...eadlinesummary

26.2k doses administered yesterday
    seems to be rising each day.

Second jabs to commence in Wales from 22 February and there has been some minor relaxing of lockdown rules;-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-wales-55847927

'Don't exploit' lockdown rule changes, says Drakeford
    First Minister Mark Drakeford called on people in Wales not to "exploit" slight changes to lockdown rules, which include allowing two people from different households to exercise outdoors together.

He said it had prompted a "very lively debate" among ministers and chief advisors discussing the scope to relax the Level Four restrictions.

"There will be some people who once they can do one thing, want to push that, want to lean on the rules, game the system," he said.

"In the end, our conclusion was that, where we could, to make very minor easements but easements which can be very important to some people, we should do that.

"If you think this is an excuse to push the rules, to do more than is allowed, all you do is delay the day when we can lift other restrictions for us all.

"I've referred previously to small acts of selfishness, and it would be a small act of selfishness to try and exploit the very modest steps that we are able to provide today.

"When people do that, they let themselves down and they let other people down as well."

Only 16’000 vaccines today I make it and new cases up to 737, there were 25 deaths.

Edit, just saw there’s an explanatory note about the lower vaccines figure.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Only 16’000 vaccines today I make it and new cases up to 737, there were 25 deaths.

Edit, just saw there’s an explanatory note about the lower vaccines figure.
    Was it the system going down in the Heath? My wife went over yesterday, said computers were down so didn’t know who was who, didn’t even show her passport ID....anyone could have rocked up

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Was it the system going down in the Heath? My wife went over yesterday, said computers were down so didn’t know who was who, didn’t even show her passport ID....anyone could have rocked up
    It doesn’t stipulate what went wrong (technical issues) but I wouldn’t be surprised if that was it.

International

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It doesn’t stipulate what went wrong (technical issues) but I wouldn’t be surprised if that was it.
    As long as they keep going the way they are they won't be far off target, EU shananagins permitting.

Vaccine centres closed for snow.

No snow though........

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Vaccine centres closed for snow.

No snow though........
    Hoping a few more die off to save a bit more off the state pension bill

International

Hoping a few more die off to save a bit more off the state pension bill
    They're not bloody saving on my state pension bill. I'll even die standing up so they don't notice!!!!!

International

I see that Mr Gethin promised that every person over 70 would get an invitation to go for a vaccine injection by the end of this week. Well he failed on that one too.
    I know of at least 6 who haven't had one and they are all in my immediate family!

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I see that Mr Gethin promised that every person over 70 would get an invitation to go for a vaccine injection by the end of this week. Well he failed on that one too.
    I know of at least 6 who haven't had one and they are all in my immediate family!
    They are still struggling to do the over 80’s nevermind over 70.....

International

They are still struggling to do the over 80’s nevermind over 70.....
    I know that, you know that, but apparently he doesn't. He promised a guy he had not been forgotten and said everyone over 70 would be offered a vaccine by the end of this week.
    I don't expect to get vaccinated before the middle of February as orinignally stated. I just cannot imagine what possessed him to say it. He must be on the same sauce as Drakeford was the other day.

my mum had her done today, she is over 80 and had it done in her surgery in Barry

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    my mum had her done today, she is over 80 and had it done in her surgery in Barry
    Good news....most in their 80’s will have had it by now, a further ramp up as they get used to sorting it no reason why everyone over 70 will have it done by end of Feb...

Good news....most in their 80’s will have had it by now, a further ramp up as they get used to sorting it no reason why everyone over 70 will have it done by end of Feb...
    my mums friends have mostly had them done, even people without health issues, though they have gone out to splott and she had hers done in her surgery ( i guess they feel thats safer for her )

its a start for her, something positive

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Numbers looking better but deaths very high. Cant quite understand why. Very sad.
    It is sad indeed .

I do wonder after the enquiry how the lockdowns and thier effectiveness will be seen, there are reports that non covid deaths will also be high as a result of how we have managed this now and in the future , as the economic and long term health impacts will sadly bring even more misery .