+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Firestick advice

Firestick advice

Should you use a vpn with an amazon firestick?
    Got one for first time today and all set up on my mates TV.
    However after installing it he had a message to say vpn not advised?
    Told my Mate that using a vpn could get you banned for using one as it could compromise us all whatever that means? They run one at that end?

Re: Firestick advice

Be careful I got cautioned for showing my Visible Panty Line ( VPN)

i use a vpn on a firestick. no issues at all

Isn't it impossible to run a vpn at their end?
    Don't sound right. 😂

I can see an option in the top right if I go onto the firestick.
    It offers to allow you to put in a vpn and your password but when I said this to some guy in a message who my mate bought it from online, he said no Vpn allowed or he will be banned from using the service.
    It could compromise us all?
    I've advised not to use it to my mate. Has anyone got one of these firestick and not used a vpn for a while and got away with it?
    Would he even know my mates using a vpn.?
    Sounds to me like he has scammed the scammers that are running the site?
    Can anyone that uses one of these advise in private message. Cheers if you can

Quote Originally Posted by uncle bob View Post
    I can see an option in the top right if I go onto the firestick.
    It offers to allow you to put in a vpn and your password but when I said this to some guy in a message who my mate bought it from online, he said no Vpn allowed or he will be banned from using the service.
    It could compromise us all?
    I've advised not to use it to my mate. Has anyone got one of these firestick and not used a vpn for a while and got away with it?
    Would he even know my mates using a vpn.?
    Sounds to me like he has scammed the scammers that are running the site?

Can anyone that uses one of these advise in private message. Cheers if you can
    if you are using the firestick for normal use - watching iPlayer, ITV hub, amazon prime with a paid up account then you don't need a vpn.

if you have subscribed to an iptv provider then you may be able to watch the streams they make available without a vpn but when premier league games are on you might find you can only watch with a vpn.

usually you add a vpn app, there are many to choose from and can be quite cheap if you sign up for a long term contract (12 / 24 months)

i can see a provider asking to use a vpn for anonymity, odd they would insist you don't use one (unless i'm missing something)

He's got the football and films iptv and the guy who supplied it said this