+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Second protest march in Cardiff

International

Re: Second protest march in Cardiff

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    It is a bit odd that a guy arrested by the police then released without charge is found dead in the evening

Maybe they were with him , he was covered in blood , they cleaned him up and then he collapsed and died ?

If I had been arrested by the police , was possibly assaulted ......which is what seems to be the suggestion .......then released I would want to be with my family and maybe thats where he was , and that's when he died

However it could be that his involvement with the police had nothing to do with his death at all
    Yes but its this possibly assaulted bit I don't get. If he told his friends/family he had been assualted by the police why would they have waited until he was dead before making a fuss, specially with all the atention BLM is getting. And there is nothing beind said about the intial disturbance and the reason for his arrest. As i m,entioned before if someone isw nicked and releasedc in the morning itis usually the case that the police kept them because they weren't safe to be left or because they were being a nuicance, then whe nthey had sobered up/ come dwon, they are just told to go home. If thepolice had seriously assaulted hi min the cells they would not have just let him go in the morning. There is alo the question of him being tasered. There must have been good cause as these thing shave to be rcorded and logged.

Aren't the police fitted with body cameras as well as there being cameras in cells? The truth will come out soon enough. If he has been mistreated whilst in custody the officers responsible should be jailed

However I don't really understand what the goals of the protests are, the police seemed to act quite quickly in committing to an investigation so I don't really see what they're looking to achieve by parking themselves outside a police station?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Yes but its this possibly assaulted bit I don't get. If he told his friends/family he had been assualted by the police why would they have waited until he was dead before making a fuss, specially with all the atention BLM is getting. And there is nothing beind said about the intial disturbance and the reason for his arrest. As i m,entioned before if someone isw nicked and releasedc in the morning itis usually the case that the police kept them because they weren't safe to be left or because they were being a nuicance, then whe nthey had sobered up/ come dwon, they are just told to go home. If thepolice had seriously assaulted hi min the cells they would not have just let him go in the morning. There is alo the question of him being tasered. There must have been good cause as these thing shave to be rcorded and logged.
    I agree with you it does all sound odd and in some ways far fetched . At the end of the day if people involved with this guy have made stuff up then they should face prosecution in the same way that if police officers are involved in the death of this guy then clearly they need a knock on the door .

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Aren't the police fitted with body cameras as well as there being cameras in cells? The truth will come out soon enough

I don't really understand what the goal of the protests are, the police seemed to act quite quickly in committing to an investigation, so I don't really see what they're looking to achieve by parking themselves outside a police station
    Did they act in committing themselves to an investigation before or after the protests ?

We like to think we have the best police force in the world but even with body cameras and cctv in cells that is no guarantee that people are safe in custody

Safer than in Mexico or Angola , of course but are there bad eggs in the police ? Yes there are but thankfully not many .

Did they act in committing themselves to an investigation before or after the protests ?

We like to think we have the best police force in the world but even with body cameras and cctv in cells that is no guarantee that people are safe in custody

Safer than in Mexico or Angola , of course but are there bad eggs in the police ? Yes there are but thankfully not many .
    Mr Hassan died on the 9th and the first protest was on the 12th, which is the same day the IOPC said the investigation was underway following South Wales Police referring themselves to the IOPC on the 11th.

I'm no fan of the police, but it does seem to be a pretty prompt response in fairness to them, which is why I'm questioning what the actual goal of the protest is

As I said if Mr Hassan was mistreated in custody then the officers responsible should be jailed, I just don't really know what more the protestors expect from SWP at the moment?

Mr Hassan died on the 9th and the first protest was on the 12th, which is the same day the IOPC said the investigation was underway following South Wales Police referring themselves to the IOPC on the 11th.

I'm no fan of the police, but it does seem to be a pretty prompt response in fairness to them, which is why I'm questioning what the actual goal of the protest is

As I said if Mr Hassan was mistreated in custody then the officers responsible should be jailed, I just don't really know what more the protestors expect from SWP at the moment?
    I think they are saying that they want answers now which is understandable whilst Alan Micheal the police top wig is saying they are investigating after referring themselves to the so called independent commission

I think they are saying that they want answers now which is understandable whilst Alan Micheal the police top wig is saying they are investigating after referring themselves to the so called independent commission
    Surely any answer prior to an investigation is insufficient?

International

I think I'll have to stop posting, my spelling is getting worse ad I just can't be bothered to check it. too boring.

The family members should face a jail sentence if found out to be lying about his injuries. It works both ways. Or it should.

International

I just read a report that stated he was arrested at his home on friday morning for breach of the peace, taken into custody and then released on Saturday.
    It also says he did not die of physical injuries.

Its in the advanced search section
    You said that before. At 5.51pm on May 5th 2017, if I remember rightly.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    You said that before. At 5.51pm on May 5th 2017, if I remember rightly.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    The family members should face a jail sentence if found out to be lying about his injuries. It works both ways. Or it should.
    I totally agree with that 👍