+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Second protest march in Cardiff

Second protest march in Cardiff

second march today following the death of Muhammad hassan from Butetown in police custody

EDIT - He did NOT die in custody. As per updates below

Re: Death In Custody Cardiff March

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    second march today following the death of Muhammad hassan from Butetown in police custody
    I've not followed this one, sludge, did he actually die in custody or after release?

I believe he died aftr release.

International

Not a very pleasant thing, but lets be clear, he did not die in custody, he died in the night after his release at 8.30 in the morning.

My mistake , he was arrested and died after release , the protestors are saying he was injured in custody

Just read the report, he died at home, apparently with injuries to his body which the family say, weren't present at the time of arrest.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Just read the report, he died at home, apparently with injuries to his body which the family say, weren't present at the time of arrest.
    But they weren't there at the time of his arrrsst were they? He was arrested after a brawl in Friday night.
    if he had been out of poloice custody all day, even if he was injured in the brawl or subsequently they had more than enough time to get him medical assistance if he needed it.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    But they weren't there at the time of his arrrsst were they? He was arrested after a brawl in Friday night.
    if he had been out of poloice custody all day, even if he was injured in the brawl or subsequently they had more than enough time to get him medical assistance if he needed it.
    well a pathologists report should show what injury happened at what time and which one led to the blokes death , he could have been injured during the brawl which led to brain bleeding , injured during the arrest , injured being taken into custody etc and the injury that caused his death should show to a medical expert

well a pathologists report should show what injury happened at what time and which one led to the blokes death , he could have been injured during the brawl which led to brain bleeding , injured during the arrest , injured being taken into custody etc and the injury that caused his death should show to a medical expert
    The Independent Office for Police Conduct said initial tests showed Mr Hassan did not die from physical injuries.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-55647699

It's a bit early to be protesting and speculating. Let's wait for the inquest and the result of the enquiry by the IOPC

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    The Independent Office for Police Conduct said initial tests showed Mr Hassan did not die from physical injuries.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-55647699

It's a bit early to be protesting and speculating. Let's wait for the inquest and the result of the enquiry by the IOPC
    Well the sort of injury this man had and when he got it and what led to his death is exactly what the inquest into his death will hope to uncover . In terms of the protests they seemed peaceful .

Well the sort of injury this man had and when he got it and what led to his death is exactly what the inquest into his death will hope to uncover . In terms of the protests they seemed peaceful .
    Yes, they weren't violent, but my point was they are protesting and making assumptions about the cause of death when there might be nothing to protest about.

Yes, they weren't violent, but my point was they are protesting and making assumptions about the cause of death when there might be nothing to protest about.
    I understand that but these sort of things inevitably lead to rumours and sometimes those rumours end up leading to facts . I sincerely hope that its decided one way or another as open verdicts just lead to mistrust .

Apparently he told his family he was tasered twice and kicked in the head

I’ve been assaulted by South Wales police, it doesn’t surprise me

I understand that but these sort of things inevitably lead to rumours and sometimes those rumours end up leading to facts . I sincerely hope that its decided one way or another as open verdicts just lead to mistrust .
    Dont know why the protesters were holding placards about racism and Black lives matter, when, like others have said no conclusions should be drawn until the investigation is concluded.
    Time will tell what happened whilst he was in custody and what happened after his release.

Can the moderators change the thread title and OP please it is clearly not true.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Apparently he told his family he was tasered twice and kicked in the head

I’ve been assaulted by South Wales police, it doesn’t surprise me
    What's your source? When the family's spokesperson was interviewed on TV she didn't mention that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Dont know why the protesters were holding placards about racism and Black lives matter, when, like others have said no conclusions should be drawn until the investigation is concluded.
    Time will tell what happened whilst he was in custody and what happened after his release.
    Exactly. Sludge is a moron for his daft thread title too, no idea where he got the idea of it being a custody death from.

Re: Second protest march in Cardiff

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    Exactly. Sludge is a moron for his daft thread title too, no idea where he got the idea of it being a custody death from.
    Not like Sludge to exaggerate to make his point

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    well most of them were black and maybe they felt it was due to racism

Time will tell

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    it was on the news reel , it was posted in error as I said

I am sure the truth will come out and hopefully nothing sinister will have happened

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Not like Sludge to exaggerate to make his point
    Chinese

it was on the news reel , it was posted in error as I said

I am sure the truth will come out and hopefully nothing sinister will have happened
    Hope so too. We'll just have to wait and see

What's your source? When the family's spokesperson was interviewed on TV she didn't mention that.
    It was on a news report I watched but I can’t find it. Also says in this article:

https://www.voice.wales/release-moha...outrage-grows/

Mohamed’s sister yesterday told voice.wales to visit the Go Fund Me page - set up to pay for family legal fees - for more information on what happened to her brother. There, it describes him being tasered and kicked in the head.

For the record, I don’t agree with the protests until the investigation is complete. But i think people have lost trust in the authorities and want to see the evidence to make their own mind up.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    It was on a news report I watched but I can’t find it. Also says in this article:

https://www.voice.wales/release-moha...outrage-grows/

Mohamed’s sister yesterday told voice.wales to visit the Go Fund Me page - set up to pay for family legal fees - for more information on what happened to her brother. There, it describes him being tasered and kicked in the head.

For the record, I don’t agree with the protests until the investigation is complete. But i think people have lost trust in the authorities and want to see the evidence to make their own mind up.
    Fair enough

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I've read several articles which include the police reports and none of them use the word "brawl". I've seen "disturbance" and "breach of the peace" but nothing about a supposed brawl.

Care to share where you got your news from?