+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Second protest march in Cardiff

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Second protest march in Cardiff

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    The thing that puzzles me is if he was so bad when he was released why didn't they call a doctor or take him to hospital? If his death wasn't the result of any injuries, which I have not yet seen stated, should'nt we wait for the autopy before demonstrating/

My concern with these things is that if an enquiry finds fault with the police it will cause more demonstrations and if they are exonerated it will be labelled a cover up. They are in a no win situation. I cannot believe that he was seriously inured in the police staion and two shift of police officers covered up what happened and then released him in that condition not considering someone would know he wasn't in that condition when he went in. . Thats a lot of policemen. And being a friday night, even with covid, I'd imagine ther would be more than 1 person in the cell. If he was injured during the arrst and was in such a bad state then when he got to the cells the sergeant would normally call for a medical examination to certify him fit to be detained.
    I agree with much of what you are saying and I hope that the bloke has died from natural causes

But it seems a bit odd 🤔

If the police have done nothing wrong then that will be it but there have been tensions between the police and the black community for many years since the murder of lynette White and the framing of those men

If I was from Butetown and this happened to someone I knew would I be looking for answers ? I think I probably would

International

Re: Second protest march in Cardiff

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I agree with much of what you are saying and I hope that the bloke has died from natural causes

But it seems a bit odd ��

If the police have done nothing wrong then that will be it but there have been tensions between the police and the black community for many years since the murder of lynette White and the framing of those men

If I was from Butetown and this happened to someone I knew would I be looking for answers ? I think I probably would
    My thought is that the guy was (apparently) released on the morning without charge. That usually means the person was under the influence of drik/drugs and he was banged up to sleep it off, hanging been enough of a nuicance to be arrested in the first place.
    Under those circumstances if he had been abused inthe cells the police would have found reason to charge him and further detain him to explain any injuries. But if they just let him go they must have been unconcerned about his condition and/or what he might say or do. The comments elsewhere that he was allegedly tasered twice would suggest he was at least less than peaceable at the time of his arrest. Bad as they might be the police don't as a rule go around the countryside tasering innocent people for the fun of it.