+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Director of football ?

Director of football ?

I love Neil Harris, but the fact is that he's not much good as a tactician or motivator , as we've said before.

What he IS good at though is finding and bringing in fantastic players without necessarily spending millions.

I love Sir Neil Warnock even more, and I for one will never forget his achievements for the club, but to be honest he was absolutely rubbish at finding players and spent fortunes on some awful eejuts, who ended up being loaned out, sold off cheap or given away in the end.

I think we all know we need a new manager, but I'm thinking why not keep Neil Harris as Director of football?
    He doesn't deserve the sack , it's just that it's necessary before we end up in League one despite brave performances, and this is something he could do as well or better than anyone else.

That'd open the door for a young manager full of ideas , who could consult NH on certain things. I'd almost suggest Craig Bellamy, but only on condition that he could be prevented from EVER opening his mouth in public.

Re: Director of football ?

So basically a glorified SCOUT

No, not really. A few big clubs have done this in the past with varying degrees of success.

Probably a stupid idea , it's just that I feel so impressed by his recruitment it seems a shame to sack him, but we can't let him carry on running team tactics like General Melchett on Blackadder or we'll get relegated.

I'd give him until the end of the year .

If he has been in charge of recruiting he's done well, so your point is well made.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    I love Neil Harris, but the fact is that he's not much good as a tactician or motivator , as we've said before.

What he IS good at though is finding and bringing in fantastic players without necessarily spending millions.

I love Sir Neil Warnock even more, and I for one will never forget his achievements for the club, but to be honest he was absolutely rubbish at finding players and spent fortunes on some awful eejuts, who ended up being loaned out, sold off cheap or given away in the end.

I think we all know we need a new manager, but I'm thinking why not keep Neil Harris as Director of football?
    He doesn't deserve the sack , it's just that it's necessary before we end up in League one despite brave performances, and this is something he could do as well or better than anyone else.

That'd open the door for a young manager full of ideas , who could consult NH on certain things. I'd almost suggest Craig Bellamy, but only on condition that he could be prevented from EVER opening his mouth in public.
    In complete agreement,Harris has done well in transfer market so far and is interested in improving our Academy in complete contrast to Warnock! I’d make Bellamy Head Coach not Manager so he only heads up training, motivation and team tactics reporting to Harris who would link up with Tan and Board!