+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Second protest march in Cardiff

International

Re: Second protest march in Cardiff

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I've read several articles which include the police reports and none of them use the word "brawl". I've seen "disturbance" and "breach of the peace" but nothing about a supposed brawl.

Care to share where you got your news from?
    Care to explain why you stalk me? As soon as I saw your name as last poster I knew you'd be on one of mt posts. It really is sad.

Maybe it is the way my brain works that I associate certain words together I've been involved in a few.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Care to explain why you stalk me? As soon as I saw your name as last poster I knew you'd be on one of mt posts. It really is sad.

Maybe it is the way my brain works that I associate certain words together I've been involved in a few.
    Why do posters on here say "stalking" when they mean "replying to my posts"? You don't like it when I've occasionally asked you to clarify one of your posts and then get upset. It's a forum for discussion. If you don't want people questioning your posts - then you're in the wrong place. "Stalking"... get over yourself

Anyway, you said that the person who has died of alleged serious injuries had been involved in a brawl before he was arrested, but, as it turns out, you have made that up in your little head. That's why I'm replying to your post.

Glad we cleared it up anyway - there wasn't a "brawl"

Carry on regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    Fair enough
    Hopefully what happened to this bloke will become apparent . The police were often criticised for investigating themselves and the new investigating authority has far more teeth . If this man put up a struggle and was injured during this struggle then one would hope that the injury was down to a strugglecand not over zealous policing . Clearly the family are right to want answers and it would be best all round if this matter is investigated and no stones are left unturned .

International

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Why do posters on here say "stalking" when they mean "replying to my posts"? You don't like it when I've occasionally asked you to clarify one of your posts and then get upset. It's a forum for discussion. If you don't want people questioning your posts - then you're in the wrong place. "Stalking"... get over yourself

Anyway, you said that the person who has died of alleged serious injuries had been involved in a brawl before he was arrested, but, as it turns out, you have made that up in your little head. That's why I'm replying to your post.

Glad we cleared it up anyway - there wasn't a "brawl"

Carry on regardless.
    I don't mind questioning it is the constant things from the same poster.

International

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Hopefully what happened to this bloke will become apparent . The police were often criticised for investigating themselves and the new investigating authority has far more teeth . If this man put up a struggle and was injured during this struggle then one would hope that the injury was down to a strugglecand not over zealous policing . Clearly the family are right to want answers and it would be best all round if this matter is investigated and no stones are left unturned .
    The thing that puzzles me is if he was so bad when he was released why didn't they call a doctor or take him to hospital? If his death wasn't the result of any injuries, which I have not yet seen stated, should'nt we wait for the autopy before demonstrating/

My concern with these things is that if an enquiry finds fault with the police it will cause more demonstrations and if they are exonerated it will be labelled a cover up. They are in a no win situation. I cannot believe that he was seriously inured in the police staion and two shift of police officers covered up what happened and then released him in that condition not considering someone would know he wasn't in that condition when he went in. . Thats a lot of policemen. And being a friday night, even with covid, I'd imagine ther would be more than 1 person in the cell. If he was injured during the arrst and was in such a bad state then when he got to the cells the sergeant would normally call for a medical examination to certify him fit to be detained.

The thing that puzzles me is if he was so bad when he was released why didn't they call a doctor or take him to hospital? If his death wasn't the result of any injuries, which I have not yet seen stated, should'nt we wait for the autopy before demonstrating/

My concern with these things is that if an enquiry finds fault with the police it will cause more demonstrations and if they are exonerated it will be labelled a cover up. They are in a no win situation. I cannot believe that he was seriously inured in the police staion and two shift of police officers covered up what happened and then released him in that condition not considering someone would know he wasn't in that condition when he went in. . Thats a lot of policemen. And being a friday night, even with covid, I'd imagine ther would be more than 1 person in the cell. If he was injured during the arrst and was in such a bad state then when he got to the cells the sergeant would normally call for a medical examination to certify him fit to be detained.
    I agree with much of what you are saying and I hope that the bloke has died from natural causes

But it seems a bit odd 🤔

If the police have done nothing wrong then that will be it but there have been tensions between the police and the black community for many years since the murder of lynette White and the framing of those men

If I was from Butetown and this happened to someone I knew would I be looking for answers ? I think I probably would

Heisenberg

1. It's not constant We both post on here a lot so we've had more run-ins than we would if either of us posted less.
    2. We seem to have incredibly different viewpoints on things and I find that you post inaccuracies quite often,so it's more likely that I'm going to challenge you more than some others.
    3. See 1 & 2

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-55659518

Protesters are being urged not to gather as demonstrations continue following the death of a man hours after being released by police.

its obsession , and its tough one to beat it continually preoccupies or intrudes on a person's mind until they have the last word providing a satisfaction or some for of victory ,it can be treated .

It’s a demonstration for demonstrations sake.
    Police horses getting stoned now. Truly pathetic. Sludge has done more back tracking on this thread, than Roger Johnson against Man City.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Police horses getting stoned now. Truly pathetic. Sludge has done more back tracking on this thread, than Roger Johnson against Man City.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post

You find the whole black people vs police thing funny?

International

I agree with much of what you are saying and I hope that the bloke has died from natural causes

But it seems a bit odd ��

If the police have done nothing wrong then that will be it but there have been tensions between the police and the black community for many years since the murder of lynette White and the framing of those men

If I was from Butetown and this happened to someone I knew would I be looking for answers ? I think I probably would
    My thought is that the guy was (apparently) released on the morning without charge. That usually means the person was under the influence of drik/drugs and he was banged up to sleep it off, hanging been enough of a nuicance to be arrested in the first place.
    Under those circumstances if he had been abused inthe cells the police would have found reason to charge him and further detain him to explain any injuries. But if they just let him go they must have been unconcerned about his condition and/or what he might say or do. The comments elsewhere that he was allegedly tasered twice would suggest he was at least less than peaceable at the time of his arrest. Bad as they might be the police don't as a rule go around the countryside tasering innocent people for the fun of it.

I thought it was illegal for police horses to take drugs.....

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    I thought it was illegal for police horses to take drugs.....
    Very good. Your talents are wasted on here 😀

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    You find the whole black people vs police thing funny?
    Ironically Eric, this is exactly whats happening here.
    An unruly mob, armed with only hatred, rumours and gossip, taking an opportunity to jump on the BLM cause and attack the police.
    An investigation into this case should easily be concluded, and if any police officer is found guilty of excessive force, or any member of the guys family or friends found guilty of lying or stirring up racial hatred, then clink should await them.

Ironically Eric, this is exactly whats happening here.
    An unruly mob, armed with only hatred, rumours and gossip, taking an opportunity to jump on the BLM cause and attack the police.
    An investigation into this case should easily be concluded, and if any police officer is found guilty of excessive force, or any member of the guys family or friends found guilty of lying or stirring up racial hatred, then clink should await them.
    Well thats exactly what I'm saying

Are you unable to read ?

Very good. Your talents are wasted on here 😀
    Well someone is certainly wasted on here bill

My thought is that the guy was (apparently) released on the morning without charge. That usually means the person was under the influence of drik/drugs and he was banged up to sleep it off, hanging been enough of a nuicance to be arrested in the first place.
    Under those circumstances if he had been abused inthe cells the police would have found reason to charge him and further detain him to explain any injuries. But if they just let him go they must have been unconcerned about his condition and/or what he might say or do. The comments elsewhere that he was allegedly tasered twice would suggest he was at least less than peaceable at the time of his arrest. Bad as they might be the police don't as a rule go around the countryside tasering innocent people for the fun of it.
    well there is good and bad in every part of society , 30 years ago South Wales police was guilty of serious wrongdoings

Let's hope as you intimate that this isn't the case regarding the death of this man

thats your opinion

You have told us you are mixed race and you dont live in Butetown and have never experienced racism or police racism in Cardiff. Utter bollocks to say it doesn't exist though .

You dont have to be black to be concerned about possible deaths of black people involved with the police

We could of course all ignore it 🙄

I hope the lad died from natural causes but there seems genuine concern from politicians to all parts of society

Apart from the usual people

Well thats exactly what I'm saying

Are you unable to read ?
    Be honest. Your juices were starting to flow when you posted your 1st thread title, then you realised your error, and made a body swerve Gerald Davies would have been proud of 😀

Be honest. Your juices were starting to flow when you posted your 1st thread title, then you realised your error, and made a body swerve Gerald Davies would have been proud of 😀
    No what happened was it was reported on a newsline as a death in police custody then the storsy was changed so I said my headline was an error .

Now the police horses are getting stoned

I think as you say you are a mixed race man and think these protestors are very naughty you should go down to Butetown and tell them off

No what happened was it was reported on a newsline as a death in police custody then the storsy was changed so I said my headline was an error .

Now the police horses are getting stoned

I think as you say you are a mixed race man and think these protestors are very naughty you should go down to Butetown and tell them off
    You’re being silly now. What has me being of mixed race got to do with anything?
    Do you think that throwing missiles at police on horse back is ok?

You’re being silly now. What has me being of mixed race got to do with anything?
    Do you think that throwing missiles at police on horse back is ok?
    Well you brought it up last summer during the BLM protests and have been a continual critic of protesting ever since as if because you have not experienced racism either by the police or from your mates , it doesn't exist in Cardiff. Those were your words, last summer .

I haven't seen any footage of stones being thrown at police horses and if they have then the police and the horses they employ for public order incidents are trained to deal with it

In the summer u said that racism was not a problem in Cardiff but that isn't the case and you do not have to tell people you are mixed race to exclude white people from the debate

Is this a case of police racism ? I am sure anyone with a brain hopes it isn't but its right that its being looked into and if you think the people who are protesting are wrong then go and tell them . I am not going to criticise the family and friends of a young man who they think was badly treated by the police and chose to do so by protesting . If they are found to be guilty of public order offences then I am sure the police will arrest them .