+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Second protest march in Cardiff

Re: Second protest march in Cardiff

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Well you brought it up last summer during the BLM protests and have been a continual critic of protesting ever since as if because you have not experienced racism either by the police or from your mates , it doesn't exist in Cardiff. Those were your words, last summer .

I haven't seen any footage of stones being thrown at police horses and if they have then the police and the horses they employ for public order incidents are trained to deal with it

In the summer u said that racism was not a problem in Cardiff but that isn't the case and you do not have to tell people you are mixed race to exclude white people from the debate

Is this a case of police racism ? I am sure anyone with a brain hopes it isn't but its right that its being looked into and if you think the people who are protesting are wrong then go and tell them . I am not going to criticise the family and friends of a young man who they think was badly treated by the police and chose to do so by protesting . If they are found to be guilty of public order offences then I am sure the police will arrest them .
    Although you are a Bluebird, how long have you spent living in Cardiff? You seem to know quite a lot about the place for someone who’s an outsider.
    I’ve lived in Cardiff for 57 yrs. would you like me to lie, and say i had witnessed lots of racism in the capital?
    There are obviously racists in Cardiff, but it’s never shown it’s face as much as in many other parts if the UK.
    You started this thread (although you’ll never admit it), because you saw it as a chance to be offended on behalf of others, and stick the boot into the fuzz, which you’ve got plenty of form for.

Well you brought it up last summer during the BLM protests and have been a continual critic of protesting ever since as if because you have not experienced racism either by the police or from your mates , it doesn't exist in Cardiff. Those were your words, last summer .

I haven't seen any footage of stones being thrown at police horses and if they have then the police and the horses they employ for public order incidents are trained to deal with it

In the summer u said that racism was not a problem in Cardiff but that isn't the case and you do not have to tell people you are mixed race to exclude white people from the debate

Is this a case of police racism ? I am sure anyone with a brain hopes it isn't but its right that its being looked into and if you think the people who are protesting are wrong then go and tell them . I am not going to criticise the family and friends of a young man who they think was badly treated by the police and chose to do so by protesting . If they are found to be guilty of public order offences then I am sure the police will arrest them .
    Just because the horses are trained for it - does not make it ok - we saw what happened to a police horse rider in London in the summer - do you condone that?

And you think it's ok to protest, incite hundreds of people to meet up in the current environment ( against advise and possibly law ) on the basis that he may have been injured by the police without any evidence?

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Although you are a Bluebird, how long have you spent living in Cardiff? You seem to know quite a lot about the place for someone who’s an outsider.
    I’ve lived in Cardiff for 57 yrs. would you like me to lie, and say i had witnessed lots of racism in the capital?
    There are obviously racists in Cardiff, but it’s never shown it’s face as much as in many other parts if the UK.
    You started this thread (although you’ll never admit it), because you saw it as a chance to be offended on behalf of others, and stick the boot into the fuzz, which you’ve got plenty of form for.
    How do you know that racism has not shown itself in Cardiff as much as it has in other parts of the UK?

You might not have witnessed racism but there you go again saying that because you have not witnessed it , its not as bad as other places

What figures have you got to back that up ?

The language of suggesting I am starting a thread because I like being offended on behalf of others is usually the remit of those who call white , Liberal people snowflakes or virtue signallers . People of the opposite political spectrum than me .

Are you at every racially motivated incident in Cardiff? Do you think that like Liverpool as a seaport with a long established cosmopolitan community that Cardiff doesn't have racism in its police , in its institutions , in its daily life ?

You dont have to be black , mixed race or be a resident of Cardiff to know that it does

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    Just because the horses are trained for it - does not make it ok - we saw what happened to a police horse rider in London in the summer - do you condone that?

And you think it's ok to protest, incite hundreds of people to meet up in the current environment ( against advise and possibly law ) on the basis that he may have been injured by the police without any evidence?
    well I am still waiting for footage of bricks being thrown at police horses

It used to happen at City matches and I have seen dogs kicked

Of course its not OK but when tensions are running high life changes

If the protestors are breaking any laws then like anyone else I am sure the police will arrest them

The last bit I read about the protest was the organisers handing out hand sanitising gel

Condoning things sometimes doesn't come into it when we are talking about the death of someone . Now let's hope this bloke died of natural causes but if I was his uncle or cousin or friend I think I would probably be protesting . Its easy to tell others what to do when we look from afar . In the summer loads of people were breaking the covid rules but little was done .

well I am still waiting for footage of bricks being thrown at police horses

It used to happen at City matches and I have seen dogs kicked

Of course its not OK but when tensions are running high life changes

If the protestors are breaking any laws then like anyone else I am sure the police will arrest them

The last bit I read about the protest was the organisers handing out hand sanitising gel

Condoning things sometimes doesn't come into it when we are talking about the death of someone . Now let's hope this bloke died of natural causes but if I was his uncle or cousin or friend I think I would probably be protesting . Its easy to tell others what to do when we look from afar . In the summer loads of people were breaking the covid rules but little was done .
    Fireworks and smoke bombs were being thrown according to this

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/protester...lowing-arrest/

Quote Originally Posted by Hungry Blue View Post
    Fireworks and smoke bombs were being thrown according to this

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/protester...lowing-arrest/
    Well anyone throwing a firework at someone is an idiot and needs to be dealt with

But that's not bricks

Well anyone throwing a firework at someone is an idiot and needs to be dealt with

But that's not bricks
    I know, just pointing out that objects have been thrown from the crowd.

Do you expect the police to go in and arrest them?

Let's wait for the outcome of the investigation eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Hungry Blue View Post
    I know, just pointing out that objects have been thrown from the crowd.

Do you expect the police to go in and arrest them?

Let's wait for the outcome of the investigation eh?
    I was responding to a post that said bricks had been thrown at police horses

It seems that there were no bricks and possibly no horses to throw them at

Yes they are either going to arrest them now or when they have video footage

As for waiting for the results of the investigation its not my son , cousin or friend thats dead , I am sure things will calm down but I think its perfectly understandable that people are demonstrating

Whether its right or wrong is another matter

It was interesting to see an ACAB poster which I assume most people know what is meant by it

I personally think there is good and bad in all elements of society and I know coppers and ex coppers who follow City and I would class as friends . I know they would never assault someone because of their background but if an investigation proves wrongdoing then let's see what happens .

If it proves the police did nothing wrong then those guilty of public order offences during this protest can be dealt with .

International

I was responding to a post that said bricks had been thrown at police horses

It seems that there were no bricks and possibly no horses to throw them at

Yes they are either going to arrest them now or when they have video footage

As for waiting for the results of the investigation its not my son , cousin or friend thats dead , I am sure things will calm down but I think its perfectly understandable that people are demonstrating

Whether its right or wrong is another matter

It was interesting to see an ACAB poster which I assume most people know what is meant by it

I personally think there is good and bad in all elements of society and I know coppers and ex coppers who follow City and I would class as friends . I know they would never assault someone because of their background but if an investigation proves wrongdoing then let's see what happens .

If it proves the police did nothing wrong then those guilty of public order offences during this protest can be dealt with .
    Why is it understandable that people are demonstrating?

International

Sludge tell me something honestly because I see other people on here do it and I have no idea how?
    You just stated things that a poster said on here months ago. How did you reference that information, you can't possibly have gone back through all his posts shirley? Others do it about things a poster said months earlier too. How?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Sludge tell me something honestly because I see other people on here do it and I have no idea how?
    You just stated things that a poster said on here months ago. How did you reference that information, you can't possibly have gone back through all his posts shirley? Others do it about things a poster said months earlier too. How?
    Remembering, I expect. I remember some things that some people have said. Before you say it's sad, no life, etc - some people just have quite good memories.

International

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Remembering, I expect. I remember some things that some people have said. Before you say it's sad, no life, etc - some people just have quite good memories.
    I don't think it's sad, it's fecking clever but sometimes the information seems to exact and too pertinent to the subject to be just a good memory.

I don't think it's sad, it's fecking clever but sometimes the information seems to exact and too pertinent to the subject to be just a good memory.
    You can search a poster's name and some keywords to find posts

International

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    You can search a poster's name and some keywords to find posts
    Ah. How do you apply the key words?

Ah. How do you apply the key words?
    Its in the advanced search section

The organiser of the marches has been fined £500 for breaking covid rules.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-55680595

International

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Its in the advanced search section

International

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post

Isn't there a crowdfunding page for this action. If there is the £500 is already paid.

Why is it understandable that people are demonstrating?
    If I was a friend or relative of this bloke who has died in very odd circumstances I would be wanting answers . And generally protesting is a way of getting people to look for answers . If the police have done nothing wrong then what will have happened is an empty city centre will have seen the police deal easily with a demonstration and I assume those who have broken social distancing and covid rules will get a fine and anyone chucking a stone at a police officer on horseback will get nicked .

If your son or cousin died in mysterious circumstances after a recent brush with authority what would you do ?

I have a good memory , I remember generally what other posters have said over certain topics and during the black lives matter the aforementioned poster was vociferous in his criticism of the protestors and the movement . He then informed me that he was mixed race but my view was that he was entitled to his view even though I didn't agree with him . I maintain that racism affects everyone , whatever their colour and whether you live in a multi racial city or not or whether you are black or not you are still able , with a clear conscience, to challenge it . In regards to this case we don't know if racism took a part but I sincerely hope it didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post

Thats the way it is

Is this a first ?

Were there any during the BLM protests during the summer ?

International

If I was a friend or relative of this bloke who has died in very odd circumstances I would be wanting answers . And generally protesting is a way of getting people to look for answers . If the police have done nothing wrong then what will have happened is an empty city centre will have seen the police deal easily with a demonstration and I assume those who have broken social distancing and covid rules will get a fine and anyone chucking a stone at a police officer on horseback will get nicked .

If your son or cousin died in mysterious circumstances after a recent brush with authority what would you do ?
    you sede its your ocntinuous use of "Mysterious circumstances" that I don't get.
    He was released fro the cells in the morning and went home, whether on a bus or walked. He was found dead in the evening. Now I think there's a time laps in there somewhere. Wher wer his family that has been doing all the protesting? didn't they care about if he was inured before he died. If as they say he was covered in blood why didn't thwey get him checked? I thin k they are the more mysterious elements of this.

you sede its your ocntinuous use of "Mysterious circumstances" that I don't get.
    He was released fro the cells in the morning and went home, whether on a bus or walked. He was found dead in the evening. Now I think there's a time laps in there somewhere. Wher wer his family that has been doing all the protesting? didn't they care about if he was inured before he died. If as they say he was covered in blood why didn't thwey get him checked? I thin k they are the more mysterious elements of this.
    Did Norman Collier write this?

International

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Did Norman Collier write this?
    He may have done. Then again he may not?

It is a bit odd that a guy arrested by the police then released without charge is found dead in the evening

Maybe they were with him , he was covered in blood , they cleaned him up and then he collapsed and died ?

If I had been arrested by the police , was possibly assaulted ......which is what seems to be the suggestion .......then released I would want to be with my family and maybe thats where he was , and that's when he died

However it could be that his involvement with the police had nothing to do with his death at all