+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Pembrokeshire Murders

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    First Team

Re: The Pembrokeshire Murders

Yes, it was watchable but not as slick as some others.

Watch Serpent , which is also based on a real life crime and that, for me, is a different class.

Nowhere near as good as Hinterland. I agree, main character did lack charisma and was.....boring. There was a lack of tension, intrigue (we knew whodunnit from the start) and the dialogue sounded like a read script for the most part. Some of the graphics were just laughable.
    Two stars.
    In My Skin....on BBC 3 catchup....thoroughly recommended. Best described as a dark comedy. Laugh out loud at times. At others, shockingly realistic. Set in Cardiff, the dialogue is spot on as is the story line.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Nowhere near as good as Hinterland. I agree, main character did lack charisma and was.....boring. There was a lack of tension, intrigue (we knew whodunnit from the start) and the dialogue sounded like a read script for the most part. Some of the graphics were just laughable.
    Two stars.
    In My Skin....on BBC 3 catchup....thoroughly recommended. Best described as a dark comedy. Laugh out loud at times. At others, shockingly realistic. Set in Cardiff, the dialogue is spot on as is the story line.

Hinterland isn’t real !!!!!!

They did stick to the same words that were actually spoken at the time.

There are people out there, still alive, who were all consulted, before this was aired.

Watch, The Making of the Pembrokeshire Murders tonight, it might just change your mind

Excellent viewing

PS:—-/ The actual leading officer was in the final scenes when the verdict was read out

The pictures of the murderer and his wife were a bit of a jarring note though his was very similar to the actual photo.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    Yes, it was watchable but not as slick as some others.

Watch Serpent , which is also based on a real life crime and that, for me, is a different class.
    I agree, apart from Keith Allen it was not great. For a drama its wasn't very dramatic and could have been done in an hour and a half. Tragic story though. I agree about Serpent , it is excellent.